PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

April 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• lucylollipop
    Options
    Hey everyone

I came in slightly over my £140 last month, but I'm going to use the same target again.. which feels like cheating, as I'm actually only eating out of that budget for 16 days this month! The rest of it I'm either at the boyfriends, visiting my parents, or away. Quite excited. Going to try using a second purse, so that I keep better track of my spending, and withdraw £100 of my budget tomorow in cash to work from. Fingers crossed!
    *2016 - the year of the savings account!*

GC: Jan (£300/£179.76) 8 NSD
    Diet: 60lbs this year - so far: 0.5
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    hi all i went nuts in mr t this week so dismal fail for march about 35 quid over!!!!!!!!!!!!! this month going for 60 for the month as have loads in . good luck all xxx
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • thriftmonster
    thriftmonster Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 March 2013 at 9:44AM
    Options
    Getting the wheels back on the wagon here chez Thriftmonster - had a bad few months. Starting with an easy month of £400 please Zippy and I'm going to be doing payday to payday. As I'm the one that does the salaries at work that will be today :D.

Lots of food in the fridge as we had guests over the weekend so hoping for a few NSDs this week - but it's the Easter hols here with two teenage boys in the house!!
    “the princess jumped from the tower & she learned that she could fly all along. she never needed those wings.”
    Amanda Lovelace, The Princess Saves Herself in this One
  • ikkle87
    ikkle87 Posts: 8,449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Going to go for £220 this month. Bit higher than last month but have my teenage brother coming to stay plus I need to get a few more stock cupboard items that we don't have. Am hoping to come in much under this but at least if we get close I won't feel like a failure.
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
  • Gracie_1827
    Options
    Please add me in for £150 for April...I will try harder:o
    GC - Oct £36.17/£31
    GC - Sep £35.56/£30:o
    GC - Aug £30.73/£31
    GC - Jul £30.80/£31
  • medusasmummy
    Options
    Morning all :)

just popping in to add my budget for april. it doesnt start til next monday but i'm taking my mum to tesco tomorrow so will pick up a few stock ups for april use while im there.

Coxy- can you put me in for £275 please.

i'm upping it this month as i want to get some easter meat deals for the freezer. the meal plan is done for april.

HUGE THANKS to all that run the thread and squeaky glad your feeling better

See you all next week, and hope everyone enjoys the long weekend
  • Billie-jo
    Billie-jo Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    Options
    Can I set Aprils's budget at £220 please (£20 less than previous month) will see how it goes anyway.
    Not here till the 1st but off to read now before its too long to catch up.

Many thanks to all who run the challenge and for everyone for posting.
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • Vickyh
    Vickyh Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi last month went ok- but we have to stop buying whoopsies in the mr T extra near our house- as i think this is where a lot of money went last month- individual cadbury desserts down to 9p for example!!

Budget is £120 again starting payday 27th march- but we are having veg / fruit boxes this month and going to buy at the local butcher- this also includes £10 allocated to baby nappies x 4 and wipes x 8 .

Personally i want us to eat better on our budget- having a few vegi meals a week is no problem- i am very fed up of only buying Mr S basic food, very worried what we've been eating re horse scandal. Not actually bothered by eating horse- but more the fact i am eating it without knowledge.

So hopefully its going to be a better month!!
  • Bluegreen143
    Bluegreen143 Posts: 3,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Coxy, can you put me down to for £185 again please? Changing it round so I track payday to payday as opposed to calendar months now, think it'll be easier to keep track. Going back to putting all my spends in a spreadsheet as I can then cost individual meals.
    Part time working mum | Married in 2014 | DS born 2015 & DD born 2018 | Allegedly attempting to be mortgage free - diary here
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    May I join you all this month

My total budget is £180

Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts