PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

April 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi, have just done my first shop for April Challenge and spent £11.35. Visited all the supermarkets, didnt find any YS products at all and was a bit annoyed at having to pay full price for a loaf of bread (which is a first for this year). But anyway, i did get a lot for my money, all the fruit, which i bought last night from A**i and the veg today. I was very strict to and stuck to my list. I will need cheese, potatoes and i also have coupons to use for cleaning products which will need using up before mid april. I think i ate so much when i was on holiday im bursting, so back to eating healthily now.
  • liz-paul
    liz-paul Posts: 899 Forumite
    Options
    Hi can I be put down for £400 again please? My month doesn't start until the 1st though. Thank you
    1% at a time no. 40. £8000 (For dream family holiday) 94/100
    MFW 2013 no. 62 £10,000/£10,000
    MFW 2014 no 62 £8000/£7000
  • Tiggy10
    Tiggy10 Posts: 443 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all,

may i join this challenge? Im moving out on the 2nd April and going to be doing my own shopping.

Im thinking £80 for 2 of us. just a guess but we are starting from scratch!
    Paying it all off in 2017:
    Finance 1- [STRIKE]115[/STRIKE] Paid Jan 2017
    Finance 2- 335
    CC - [STRIKE]2000[/STRIKE]1800
    OD 1 - [STRIKE]2200[/STRIKE] 1850
    OD 2 - 2500
  • lizalloareds
    lizalloareds Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    Options
    can you change me to monthly, budget for April

£280

sorry it's not bigger don't know how too!
    September GC 30th aug-4th Oct £332.74/£375 NSD 3
    Gc Jan £234.85/200 :(Feb £298.92/280:(March £298.42/£280:( April £270.49/280:) May Gc £351.08/£350 June £300.06/280 July £256.15/£240
    Aug £318.74/£280
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,571 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    edited 25 March 2013 at 11:31AM
    Options
    I am going for £350 this month (from 1/4/13), as i have daughter's birthday on the 5th, of which a birthday cake has to come out of the budget. I have made them in the past but it costs nearly the same amount to make as to buy now; and i can't find suitable pyrex bowl reasonably enough priced, suitable to do a doll cake. However if i do, i might revert back to make it. Also, any little treats she might want on the day of her birthday - party tea or whatnot.

I realise my budget is meant to be coming down; but i have almost reached this this month without half term/Easter and a birthday thrown in. I am not going to include the pets in this budget now; but will still include toiletries and cleaning (may need a small Cloud 9 order for fab conditioner and WUL) and £12 for delivery saver for the month. I might be able to do a Sainsbury's shop with different email as at a new address since first time i ever used them, and pay by Nectar points. The cupboards are pretty stocked, have loads of cereal and pasta, but will need various other bits particularly fruit and veg.

Hopefully May will be better and i can reduce it more realistically, as still not quite into the swing of not buying things i don't need!!!
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • smokies
    smokies Posts: 138 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone

i'm new here as well but have been lurking since December

Would it be possible for me to join in this Challange,

Looking back at my spends over the last couple of months can you set my budget at £300.00, what i'm aiming to do is get my food/lunches to £200.00 or under, i know that it will take me a while, so i have set myself mini targets of shaving off just £20.00 per month.

I have just done biggish shop (i got paid 22 march) and needed a few bits in, i have also done a list of my freezer and cupboard contents to help me meal plann......:)
    Sell £750.00
    Jan-feb-march - 150.00

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm still over on March until Thursday and have gone over budget due to Aldi voucher coming out a week earlier than I'd expected. However, we are now well stocked so even though April is a 5 week month for us includes a 2 week school holiday I am going to go for £180 rather than the £200 I usually allow for a 5 week month.

See you all later in the week

PP xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • TDMum
    TDMum Posts: 394 Forumite
    Options
    Can I be put down for £400 please. My month runs from the 20th to the 20th so is a bit of a pain figuring out where to put it :)
  • january_23
    january_23 Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you to the people who do this. This challenge really helps.

We are still in March as that budget finishes 31st. However I want to make sure we do April so I'm going to state our budget now.

April budget is going to be £140 again. Month is 1st to the 30th.

Done the meal plan for April already!
    2 adults groceries: June £35.79/£200
    # 3 - Saving for Xmas 2015 £1 a day. £122/£365
    TTC #1 since 06/08/12
  • Guineapigsqueaks
    Options
    Evening all :)

I am in again for April please, my challenge month will run from 25th March to 24th April as pay day is 25th (tomorrow :j). Keeping same monthly amount:
    £300.

I think this about right for me and will keep me on straight and narrow by setting a target. As before, this is for all food/drink and kitchen supplies, toiletries and loo rolls, laundry/cleaning stuff and guinea pig/garden bird supplies.

Those garden birds aren't half getting through the sunflower seeds in this cold weather, might blame them if I don't come in on budget :).

Thanks to all who run the thread, it's so helpful.

Guineapigsqueaks x

Keep Smiling :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family