PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Pizza Dough Recipes , Tips and Quick Questions

Options

Comments

• V.Lucky
    V.Lucky Posts: 806 Forumite
    Options
    I find if I leave some in the fridge for upto a few days it's much easier to roll out and doesn't spring back so much. It tastes the same too - really nice.
    :hello:
  • LoLo
    LoLo Posts: 545 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Having recently bought a breadmaker I have been making pizza dough and making my own pizzas. However today I am 3oz short of strong white flour to make the dough, so can I use ordinary plain flour to make it up, do it with just the flour I have or not? Any help appreciated.
  • likabu_2
    Options
    I don't see why not. To be honest, I only ever use the cheap plain flour to make pizza dough, have never bothered with the other stuff!

Lisa
    Brassic!
  • sianb84
    sianb84 Posts: 445 Forumite
    Options
    Can you freeze pizza dough?

I have put some on for pizza tonight but don't think we will need all the dough as there are only two of us.
  • organic_wanabe
    Options
    No problem with freezing pizza dough.
  • mattogier
    mattogier Posts: 605 Forumite
    Options
    I roll it into pizza size balls and make a string of dough sausages using clingwrap with a little oil on it - I then cut off how many I need from the freezer and defrost.
    :Dmattogier
    Total Debt Including Mortgage:
    [strike]July 2006 - £179k[/strike] [strike]July 2007 - £159k[/strike] [strike]October 2007 - £154k[/strike] [strike]December 2007 -149k October 2008 - £126,525.40[/strike]
    December 2008 : £120,040.38
    Target: Debt Free before the 2012 Olympics :j
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I made my pizza dough for the first time this morning, and rolled it out at lunchtime. I have covered with clingfilm and left, and it is rising, so by the time I cook it at about 8.00, my pizza base will be at least 1 inch thick :eek:
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • V.Lucky
    V.Lucky Posts: 806 Forumite
    Options
    thank you, thank you.

Made some naan bread dough at the weekend and not had chance to use it all, off to freeze it now!!
    :hello:
  • helping_hubby
    helping_hubby Posts: 1,202 Forumite
    Options
    I have the panasonic sd253 and I want to try the pizza dough recipe by exchanging the butter for olive oil. Anyone done this? How much did you use?
  • Fivenations
    Fivenations Posts: 382 Forumite
    Options
    I do it by eye - about a tablespoon.
    NSD 0/15
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts