Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,302 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    You have been a busy busy bee.
    Look after yourself :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    WFH suits you , you have been very busy.

As you say we are all to hard on ourselves sometimes.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Morning Campers,

I booked my food delivery today so I could use the time before work well. It was my alarm! Everything packed away now…
    I’ve noticed it is harder to get good offers (although I have) I also notice everything is getting smaller. All my beans and pulses used to be 420 grams and are now 400 grams

I got in heavy, bulky things and household supplies, but no protein for meals as I find it relatively easy to get this as YS. I struggle to get YS veg so I am ordering my veggies at least once a month as organic veggies or even non organic are harder to get YS. Fruit I can pay full price unless I get a YS windfall but I am more concerned about eating enough veggies.

I am WFH today. It is cold so my heating is on. It will go off at 9.00 and I will make do with a hot water bottle, a lap blanket, fingerless gloves and a tiny heater in the room. WFH agrees with me like Cumbria Lass says, so I think it is worth it. Next week is a whole WFH week :)

Back later to report on my achievements (she says full of early morning optimism)

Stay warm everyone :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • redofromstart
    Options
    I'm WFH for a few hours too, also freezing. Full thermals, fingerless gloves and a blanket over my lap. I look a bag lady and I am still cold. Useless cats refuse to sit on me.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Yup Redo I'm looking like a bag lady and still cold too.
    I'm going to up my game and buy thermals this week. I saw some cheap ones in Primarni and sneered at them. Not sneering now :)

I don't have cats to sit on me..
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • redofromstart
    Options
    I don't care what they look like as long as i am warm. Mine are old lady ones, nice and thin and perfect for the job at about £2 each. I have some 'quality' ones as well, from go outdoors at about £10 which do the same job and would be less embarrassing in the event of a road accident/ambulance scenario ;) Mind you I would be less miffed about having the £2 ones cut off me...
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Haha. I'm going for the cheap ones. Less likely to have a road accident and more likely to die of hypothermia so shame won't be an issue. So cold and only November! I can WFH next week all week but if it is this cold I might go in!

I hope the cats oblige you soon :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Options
    TBH I bought the primari ones last year & they were not the best.
    So now I just use an old top/tshirt as an extra layer.

Hope your day went well.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• doingitanyway
    Options
    It's my legs really beanie. I like the thin long-john type thermals And I wonder why I am single :)

I would be fine with some 80s style leg warmers :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Options
    It's my legs really beanie. I like the thin long-john type thermals And I wonder why I am single :)

I would be fine with some 80s style leg warmers :)

I am the same on all levels:rotfl:

I wear knee high socks:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure