Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    Options
    Deeply envious of the cashmere hat!
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,797 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 3 December 2017 at 6:47PM
    Options
    Once again this debt free community has got me thinking ;)

So, I will not be DF before the end of the year. A disappointment? Yes actually.
    But I read Parsniphead has lost a stone and INOD is steadily shedding too (Way to go Parsniphead and INOD :)) so I thought I would go for a different goal to make up for the one I will not meet...

So, to give me a new focus I am going to lose 8 lbs before the year ends and go below my current stone. It will free-up more clothes and take me to a weight I haven't been since the beginning of 2004. That will make up for missing out on my goal and boost my spirits. :)

So, going back to IF eating as it works for me. I will also drink more water and up my veggies. I will be walking around with apples and eating lots of YS fish

This is still a MSE goal as the result will be access to more clothes that I already have instead of buying new ones :money:

A happy Sunday to you all :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,467 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy Sunday to you too :)
    A very ambitious target~~I wish you well with it.
    I lost a stone in October/ November.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Well done Beanie. An average of half a stone a month. I hope to do the same :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • System
    System Posts: 178,099 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    All you lot losing weight, well done. I think I have lost a few pound since my tum has been misbehaving., however I am feeling better .

I always have a vest on in the winter even at work. I can always take it off if I get so hot. I do need a new hat and gloves , but hoping Father Christmas brings them.

Your soup sounded lovely.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks Cumbria. Glad you are feeling better.

My weight has been a slow downwards climb but thinking if I up the exercise...I can give it a jumpstart.
    Exercise has ground to a halt so I am switching to mornings (before I have time to talk myself out of it)

My thermal leggings were the wrong size so they are going back. Annoying.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Hi DIA, I haven't stopped by for a while, although I have been reading as always.

Great to see that you're setting yourself an achieveable 2017 target - I think it's the right thing in terms of keeping your motivation up.

You mentioned you won't be DF by the end of the year - do you have a realistic estimate of when that will be achieved?

Love to see all your bargains - I rarely get lucky with YS bargains. I must shop at the wrong time of day!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    JoJoC wrote: »
    You mentioned you won't be DF by the end of the year - do you have a realistic estimate of when that will be achieved?
    Love to see all your bargains - I rarely get lucky with YS bargains. I must shop at the wrong time of day!

Thanks for stopping by JoJo. I should be DF in February as long as no disasters occur as I have very little as a savings buffer and no credit card so if there is an emergency I am in trouble. Hopefully all will be well.

As for YS bargains it is necessary for now, but time consuming and I've noticed lately people are becoming 'snatchy' sometimes. I get that times are getting tougher but I refuse to behave badly over reduced food. Planning to return to my veggie box and small quantities of organic meat and frozen fish (Iceland are good for this) I will be pleased to leave the YSs unless I happen to see them and there aren't other people waiting too.

I want to get to a stage where I am not in shops very much in future.

I know you have a busy week coming up. I hope all goes well :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Morning Campers :)

I woke up dreading work today, even though it is a WFH day. My mood is dipping so I need to take action.

So, I asked for a day’s annual leave as I would have felt guilty calling in sick and feeling guilty would have spoiled my day.

Yesterday I took a blind back to IKEA that had been cluttering up my hallway. It was the wrong size and before this journey I would have left it for ages, lost the receipt and in the end it would have gone to the CS. Not now! I took it back and the right sized blind is now hanging up in the kitchen :)

I put out rubbish from the garden and stuff that needs a special collection at the front of the house.

I’ve got some random veg so I’m going to make a Thai veggie curry to have with toasted cashews and millet and coriander. Still got some coconut yoghurt left. It is very old but smells okay and yoghurt is already off so going to risk it :)

Today will be dry so I did a wash load that I have put out on the rack

So, a free day for me. I am going to take my decluttered CS bag to the CS, have a coffee in a coffee shop, read and update my bullet journal.

I hope you all have a successful week

DIA :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,467 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy your day without feeling guilty :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure