Cheap Ryanair Flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• mystic_trev
    mystic_trev Posts: 5,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yep. as sure as night follows day, here comes another ryanair hugger.

Yes - Plenty of satisfied customers here who have travelled regulary with NO problems. As I said, if you don't like them fly with another Airline :D
  • tanjatucker
    tanjatucker Posts: 190 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i think you have to weigh up the options: ryanair will often be your cheapest option by far, but you run the risk of not getting what you paid for and a load of extra trouble on top!
    i have flown with them 50+ times over the last 8 years and the worst experience has been a 2 hour delay. i know i have been very lucky, but as a fairly frequent flier the savings i have made by choosing ryanair over another carrier far outweigh possible cancellations without compensation. i dont need friendly staff or free coffee, i just want to get places cheaply and on that front ryanair have (so far!) always delivered! guess you can call me a ryanair hugger :D
  • ynot2005
    ynot2005 Posts: 546 Forumite
    Options
    count me in as ryanair hugger too, i travel prepared for problems, ryanair arent a babysitting service , and you may have to think for yourself when you leave the country

a brilliant service 99.9% of the time and when it goes tits up you know you are flying with ryanair

a very satisified, very regular customer

proud to be a ryanair hugger
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Frustrating! They're still charging £10 each way for infants.
    And because we've got infants travelling we can't check in online.
    So "free" day-trip to Newquay would cost us £64.

Is there any way the flight checker could have told me this?
  • Nikko5
    Nikko5 Posts: 99 Forumite
    Options
    Frustrating! They're still charging £10 each way for infants.
    And because we've got infants travelling we can't check in online.
    So "free" day-trip to Newquay would cost us £64.

Is there any way the flight checker could have told me this?

Just book one adult with airport check-in (to accompany the infant(s)) then do the rest of the adults together, in a separate booking, all with online check-in!
  • JimmyTheWig
    Options
    Nikko5 wrote: »
    Just book one adult with airport check-in (to accompany the infant(s)) then do the rest of the adults together, in a separate booking, all with online check-in!
    Nice thinking, but it wouldn't work.
    We're 2 adults, 1 child and 2 infants. Can't have more infants than adults; children under 14 can't travel on their own. So we have to book all together.
  • stphnstevey
    stphnstevey Posts: 3,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Current £5 is not the best they have had - has been 1p total for flights (plus payment fee)
  • JimmyTheWig
    Options
    I still think that the article should mention that if you've got kids (which many of us do) then you can't get flights for anything like what the offers and flightchecker are saying...
  • mcallister1
    mcallister1 Posts: 2,198 Forumite
    Options
    I think I have to travel Ryanair to get where I want to go from Glasgow- Marseilles. I wonder if experienced Ryanair watchers would advise me to get my tickets now at £50 a head plus charges, or wait for an offer? Or may I miss out altogether? Any advice gratefully received.
  • M.E.
    M.E. Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just booked Stansted-Poitiers and got 0p fares. With taxes, charges etc £12.00, which is utterly brilliant as far as I'm concerned. Will stay with my daughter who has just moved to Poitiers, so I am well pleased.
    Thanks MSE for highlighting the flights.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure