NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• Snakey
    Snakey Posts: 1,174 Forumite
    Options
    This afternoon I was the least popular person in the bank.

So I don't have a current passport or a driving licence, meaning Digidocs is no good for me. I was told to get a letter from HMRC, which I duly requested (it arrived two days after the old application expired, so I had to apply again) and take it in to the branch - having been reassured that this would still count as an online application.

After half an hour and with about ten people in the queue behind me huffing and tutting and "oh, for goodness sake"ing, it turns out that apparently if it's an online application the branch staff have no way of accessing it, either to update it with ID approval or even just to look at what's there.

Apparently there was an option within Digidocs to "Take ID to branch" which I should have clicked... I am sure there wasn't you know, just the three choices for passport, driving licence and EU ID card plus a "call me back" thing which I clicked in the absence of any other alternative. I sometimes feel my IQ leeching away when jumping through these hoops, but surely not to the extent that I would have failed to notice the exact option that I was hoping would be on there?

Anyway, they took copies of my KYC and the reference numbers from my application and have put it in the post to somewhere (head office? I wasn't listening)... should be sorted out "early next week".

With all the stuff in this thread about card readers and so on, I have a vision of this going right to the wire in terms of being able to pay in money and complete a switch in the next month. I was very close to not managing it with HSBC last year - let's see what happens with this one!
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I suppose, on reflection, that it's worth going through hoops for the rewards that are on offer :)
  • Rafa3
    Options
    The link for existing account holders, to switch appears to not be working. Have they removed the offer?
  • Frank121
    Options
    Rafa3 wrote: »
    The link for existing account holders, to switch appears to not be working. Have they removed the offer?

It's still working for me. :)

https://www.natwest.com/apps/secure/applicationforms_dda/asp/form.asp?appid=896&CCF=Y
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The link for existing customers isn't working for me either, i did mine earlier and DH was just about to do his but is getting a page not found message :-(
    SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • twiglet98
    Options
    Snakey wrote: »
    This afternoon I was the least popular person in the bank.

So I don't have a current passport or a driving licence, meaning Digidocs is no good for me. I was told to get a letter from HMRC, which I duly requested (it arrived two days after the old application expired, so I had to apply again) and take it in to the branch - having been reassured that this would still count as an online application.

After half an hour and with about ten people in the queue behind me huffing and tutting and "oh, for goodness sake"ing, it turns out that apparently if it's an online application the branch staff have no way of accessing it, either to update it with ID approval or even just to look at what's there.

Apparently there was an option within Digidocs to "Take ID to branch" which I should have clicked... I am sure there wasn't you know, just the three choices for passport, driving licence and EU ID card plus a "call me back" thing which I clicked in the absence of any other alternative. I sometimes feel my IQ leeching away when jumping through these hoops, but surely not to the extent that I would have failed to notice the exact option that I was hoping would be on there?

Anyway, they took copies of my KYC and the reference numbers from my application and have put it in the post to somewhere (head office? I wasn't listening)... should be sorted out "early next week".

With all the stuff in this thread about card readers and so on, I have a vision of this going right to the wire in terms of being able to pay in money and complete a switch in the next month. I was very close to not managing it with HSBC last year - let's see what happens with this one!

I don't have any digital docs. Having done the application online, and chosen the switch date, I went back to the website to check what paper documents would be acceptable ID, then made an appointment at my local branch to take them in for verification - I took my 2017 Council Tax bill, and my paper driving licence. By the time I went to the branch I had received a letter to take with me, with my application number. I was given another letter in branch, confirming my sort code and account number, and the debit card and PIN arrived a couple of days later. All pretty straightforward, the switch is complete and I'm depositing the £1500 in a series of payments. I think all the boxes are ticked, time will tell!
  • aj_m
    aj_m Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Using a VPN fixes the link problem if you are affected by it.
  • Rafa3
    Options
    Thanks Frank121.

The link on there website, was directing me to something different on there site.
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    derrick wrote: »
    Yes I switched, actually everything went perfectly until the problem with this bl**dy signature form

I have spoken to them again and am told they do not know which form it is as there are loads of forms:huh:

She is now going to contact my local branch and request they send out a paper form for me to send to Kent:eek:.

Well one week on and no paper form, as I was going into town I went to the local branch, (not to the one in the Welcome Letter email, as that was totally in the opposite direction), and filled in a signature form there, and they will send it in the internal mail, although not to the address requested on the original form but was told it will get to the right department.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• roxy28
    roxy28 Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    derrick wrote: »
    filled in a signature form there, and they will send it in the internal mail, although not to the address requested on the original form but was told it will get to the right department.

Can you remember the full address requested on the original form.
    :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport