NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• beefturnmail
    Options
    so instead of spending time and effort on the phone to the fraud department (which you likely will not need to), you are spending time and effort making the account 'look normal' (and you still might end up on the phone to the fraud department)....
  • LFC_
    Options
    Considering going for the Select account - Does anybody know the rules regarding the £1500 deposit? My work salary is around £1200 which would be deposited in, say if I got my girlfriend to then deposit an extra 2/300 to take the balance over £1500 would that work?
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    LFC_ wrote: »
    Considering going for the Select account - Does anybody know the rules regarding the £1500 deposit? My work salary is around £1200 which would be deposited in, say if I got my girlfriend to then deposit an extra 2/300 to take the balance over £1500 would that work?

Yes....or withdraw £300 and deposit it again
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options

Yes, or you could withdraw £300 of your salary and then pay it back in.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    edited 13 February 2018 at 2:31PM
    Options

Balance does not need to be £1500 or over. All that is required is that a total of £1500 must be paid in by the stipulated date. This can be many smaller amounts and these do not have to stay in the account more than one day (ie long enough to have registered as being in the account).
  • LFC_
    Options
    Even easier, cheers!
  • fabsaver
    fabsaver Posts: 1,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A lot of people on here seem to be trying to make Natwest 'think' they are using the account 'properly' rather than simply to get the incentive (by making payments, several transfers etc.)

Just to confirm - this is completely unnecessary - so long as you meet the t & c - see my post #3 on this thread, you'll get the incentive, no matter what Natwest 'think' you are doing
    I agree. As long as the terms of the offer are met why worry what NatWest 'think'.

In my case I transferred the full £1,500 straight out again and did not experience any problems. I did not have to speak to the fraud team at all. Ultimately it's my money and transferring it to another account in my name shouldn't have to result in a lengthy call to the fraud team.

Maybe their systems will soon learn that £1,500 transfers in/out in quick succession are 'normal' for new NatWest accounts.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    fabsaver wrote: »
    I agree. As long as the terms of the offer are met why worry what NatWest 'think'.

In my case I transferred the full £1,500 straight out again and did not experience any problems. I did not have to speak to the fraud team at all. Ultimately it's my money and transferring it to another account in my name shouldn't have to result in a lengthy call to the fraud team.

Maybe their systems will soon learn that £1,500 transfers in/out in quick succession are 'normal' for new NatWest accounts.

Lol, and they will stop people from doing that by changing its T&C.
  • bevmk127
    bevmk127 Posts: 502 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry may of already been answered but mentions about joint accounts only one reward. We have a joint NatWest account but separate m and s accounts will we get the £125 each if we both switch or will it only be eligible for one reward.
    I like doing it daily :A
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Where has this business about fraud come from? I don't remember it ever being a factor in other switches. Has someone actually been contacted by someone who said they were from the fraud department?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure