Options

Comments

• Maquinn88
    Maquinn88 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    I have answered your questions above.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The odds of someone going to a gambling site, knowing all your details, using your card, having a text sent to your phone, confirming the transaction and then deleting all the incriminating evidence, and you not realising, are so high as to be almost impossible.

The bank won't believe you, FOS almost certainly won't believe you either. How many times do you think banks hear "my card was used on a gambling site and it wasn't me"? You spent the money, lost it and now want someone else to "blame" for it. Good luck with that.
  • Maquinn88
    Options
    I know they probably hear it all the time but I don't gamble. I've been with the bank for 14 years and never have. No history of it on my account. I have no interest in it. The email address used is one I don't check often as it's one I use for websites I think will send me spam. As for the text, I've already explained. It's very easy to get people's details if you know how.
  • Dean000000
    Dean000000 Posts: 612 Forumite
    Options
    Maquinn88 wrote: »
    I know they probably hear it all the time but I don't gamble. I've been with the bank for 14 years and never have. No history of it on my account. I have no interest in it. The email address used is one I don't check often as it's one I use for websites I think will send me spam. As for the text, I've already explained. It's very easy to get people's details if you know how.

Or if your a family member.

I can’t believe I’m carrying this rouse so far....

Op, it was you, or a family member. Prosecute or don’t. Either way, you bank (rightfully) suspects foul play.

Either call your family to task, or admit it was you.

It was one or the other, and highly improbable of bing anyone else
  • Maquinn88
    Options
    Like I have already mentioned a couple of times, I HAVE been to the police. It was not me. I'm asking for advice here on what to do next, whether I'm believed or not is not what I'm asking.
  • Dean000000
    Options
    Maquinn88 wrote: »
    Like I have already mentioned a couple of times, I HAVE been to the police. It was not me. I'm asking for advice here on what to do next, whether I'm believed or not is not what I'm asking.

But your story is incredibly unbelievable.
  • Dean000000
    Options
    Here is my advice.

Accept the fact you thought you’d get away this hustle.

The back clearly have enough evidence to deny your claim (as do I, on the balence of probabilities)

They will know when you logged i to online banking, when transactions took place, and when cancellation occurrd.

That, coupled with the transaction verified by your mobile makes this sufficient to deny fraud.

On the balence of probabilities it was either you, or done with your Consent.

There is too much wrong with your story to arrive at any other conclusion.

Sorry.
  • Dean000000
    Options
    ...and your stance to ‘Write off’ the only transaction that can tangelby tie you up to the fraud too.....

It’s fishy yall.
  • Mr.Generous
    Mr.Generous Posts: 3,391 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I like the fact op checked his account when he got home after the meal out, its the first thing I do too. Meal out with family and friends, then home to check online banking just in case.
  • Dean000000
    Options
    I like the fact op checked his account when he got home after the meal out, its the first thing I do too. Meal out with family and friends, then home to check online banking just in case.

Hopefully those scheisters at barking tandoori haven’t overcharged me again!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure