edited 7 August 2018 at 12:13AM
    Options
    BraveHeart wrote: »
    Hi Matt,

My issue still remains unresolved.

1 Aug 2017: Claim Submitted to Merchant
    8 Dec 2017: Informed 'Fair Play' policy can be employed. REFUSED
    15 Dec 2018: Added claim to 'query log which will be sent to the network.'

I have £10.92 (x2) Payable. BUT I HAVE NOT CASHED THIS.

My purchase price: £106.20 (x2)
    Without VAT = £88.50
    20% offer on 88.50 = £17.70 cashback (x2)

Total cashback due for two bookings:
    £35.40 (£17.70 x 2)

I have emailed you and you have the full history of my case.
    5 MONTHS is a long time to resolve a matter.

Matt, I posed one question on here in the past which you may have overlooked.
    'DOES TCB KEEP HOLD OF OFFERS MADE BY MERCHANTS?'
    If so, this should be game set match for merchant's to pay up!

Please update.

Hi Team MSE / Matt,

A year on since initial 'Claim Submitted to Merchant' and still not resolved, amount still not what it should be.
    Stuck in 'query log' since 15 December 2017???

Matt on 16/01/18, you posed the question in response to my message quoted above, '...clarify what you mean about whether we keep hold of offers made by the merchants?'
    I mean the amount or percentage of cashback that a Merchant is offering over time, which relates to a purchase a member of TCB has made.
    Surely if you have this, the companies have no way to back track!

I have sent you a personal email, which has a chain of discussion between us relating to this issue in great detail.

BraveHeart
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone,

@pjran – If you can email across the details we can open up your account and make sure this claim has been lodged.

@Lyncj01 – Retailers where travel is involved will always have varying prices. It can mean that the search through us is the same, more expensive or even cheaper. It depends on who is searching for what elsewhere on the web. I understand it’s frustrating but I am afraid this is how the pricing for these sort of retailers work.

@whiteadder – I do understand it’s frustrating and I can assure you the number of claims we have doesn’t impact our ability to chase up the claim. It just is dependant on when the tracking network replies to us. We will keep on trying until they do reply and I do hope this wont be too much longer.

We are also working with the networks to continually improve on this system to make sure everything is done to get claims resolved as soon as possible as we appreciate it’s not a great experience when it does take so long for the network to reply back to us.

@BraveHeart - Thanks for lodging an email about this and I’ll be sure to check this out for you.

Many thanks,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Options
    Hi everyone,

@whiteadder - I am afraid when you purchased it would be under the old tracking network which the retailer no longer has an association with and this does hold things up.

I am happy to check on this for you if you drop us an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • steve_taylor_
    Options
    Hi,

I have an outstanding claim that started in June 2017.

It is still showing as waiting. I have contacted Topcashback multiple times and still don't have this resolved.

Any ideas as to what I can do next. Nudging seems to do nothing !

Thanks
  • pjran
    pjran Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi,

I have an outstanding claim that started in June 2017.

It is still showing as waiting. I have contacted Topcashback multiple times and still don't have this resolved.

Any ideas as to what I can do next. Nudging seems to do nothing !

Thanks

I know how you feel. Also I asked to go Classic member over 2 years ago but they are still charging me £5 pa.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi TCB

I made a purchase last night.

How long will it take for the 50p bonus to show on my account?
    Options
    Hey everyone,

@ steve_taylor_ - We appreciate when it’s proving difficult to get a reply from the network it’s not ideal and does mean a claim staying at a single status a long time and we are sorry for that.

Behind the scenes the claim will be going through various different processes to ensure this is resolved for you in hopefully a positive way.

@ pjran – When a member requests this change we allow the option but we don’t actively switch the member as this is your choice. If this step wasn’t taken it will continue but I can happily check on it for you if you lodge a support ticket or email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk

Many members are on classic membership and we are more than happy for them to be on this level if they think it’s the best level for them.

@ POPPYOSCAR – It should take seven days max from the transaction tracking.

Best wishes,
    Matt
  • itzmee
    itzmee Posts: 399 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DH booked a holiday with First Choice on 4 January through TCB. Cashback should be 199.08 GBP. It didn't track immediately. He has lodged a dispute and keeps nudging but no results yet as he just keeps getting a message saying waiting for retailer.

Holiday was fully paid for, and taken earlier this month. When will this get resolved?!!!
  • mountain-man
    Options
    TCB

I booked a holiday with Hotels.com (part of Expedia) on 17th Oct 2017 and paid around £4600 in advance - no cancellations allowed.

I checked ALL T&C's to ensure qualification for the £508.35 bonus.

I was then told I had to wait until AFTER I had taken the holiday in June..... OK.... I waited.

I then kept 'nudging' TCB to chase payment.

And waited.

And waited..

And waited...

Eventually (August 30th) I received a reply that this claim had been 'declined' as Hotels.com miraculously couldn't find the transaction.....really ? With the reference numbers given etc they couldn't locate the transaction. How hard did they look.

I have now submitted EVERY reference number given - booking numbers / itinitery numbers / flight numbers.... and yet I am still waiting.

I think the TCB business model needs some serious scrutiny from Trading Standards which is where I will go next should this claim be once again declined with TCB distancing themselves from ANY accountability for misleading their customers.

Come on TCB. Restore my faith in your business......

Rob
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    You had a 10% cashback offer for Currys on 1st July

I see today it's been declined - and you don't accept claims.

01 Jul 2018 £216.65
    £21.66
    declined

Absolutely no reason to do this, and not happy no way to challenge this as they don't accept Claims. Hate to use the word as a longstanding user, but this one feels like little more than a scam. Easy to offer 10% if they just go on to decline it!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback