Warning: Exemplar Education

Options

Comments

• Dr_TooWeedy
    Options
    I do find it amazing how people are so quick to blame companies when they know exactly what they are getting into then blame the company when something doesn't work or it's their own fault.

Firstly I have an agreement with Exemplar since January 2019 and there were several stages the cancellation was highlighted and then there was a video to watch which again explained cancellation and then another form to sign explaining the consultant had done their job explained the system, rights etc.

Secondly, there is a pack provided that has all the phone numbers to contact them as well as it being clearly on their site.

Thirdly, you can contact the Financial Ombudsman as it's a Finance Agreement if there was any malpractice on their part.

So next time - try providing the facts of your situation rather than choosing the edited bits you'd like to highlight.
  • Jasmine91
    Options
    We received a letter from my daughters primary school from Exemplar Education asking parents to join. We thought it would be beneficial to my child so we had them over to talk about it. They make you feel like your a bad parent if you don’t sign, my main concern was that the program runs off the internet and my internet is really slow especially watching videos. But they insisted that there was only 1 video to watch. So we thought ok we will sign up. They say you have 14 days to cancel but the laptop with the software didn’t turn up in till after 14days and when I went to show my daughter the program I saw loads of videos, you need to watch a video every time you do a new piece of work so it can tell you what to do. I tried watching but my internet is that bad it doesn’t work! We can not use the program at all. So I rang the company up asking to cancel and they told me to cancel the direct debit and let the loan company know, so I done that a month later I had a letter through the door saying my loan is now on default and a dept collecting agency will be collecting the money. I had no choose but to start paying again. So I rang again and they said whoever told you to cancel they were wrong and you can not cancel.

They suggested I go over to a friends house after my daughter finishes school so she can do it there. But unfortunately I live miles away from any friends house and after school all my daughter wants to do is go home.

My credit rating has now been affected because they have put me on default and I’m losing sleep, stressed & depressed because of it I feel so stupid and helpless.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,289 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Several posters describe a product that is clearly not "fit for purpose", so surely the sale of goods act and basic consumer credit legislation should provide a solution.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 22 July 2019 at 12:40PM
    Options
    Several posters describe a product that is clearly not "fit for purpose", so surely the sale of goods act* and basic consumer credit legislation should provide a solution.
    One would think so, but the people who buy this sort of product might not be those who'd be pro-active in using the legal system to challenge the company.

Those who've been victims are all new to MSE.

*P.S. It's the Consumer Rights Act now.
  • Codiak
    Codiak Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    I think anyone who takes this company on in the small claims court has a good chance of winning - either under the consumer rights act or misrepresentation act. The more that come in the more pressure it will apply to this company.

Davesnave wrote: »
    One would think so, but the people who buy this sort of product might not be those who'd be pro-active in using the legal system to challenge the company.

Those who've been victims are all new to MSE.

*P.S. It's the Consumer Rights Act now.
  • Codiak
    Options
    I think you will find a lot of people have found the product very poor down the line, to which they feel there is no way to get out of a product. I think they will find the legal system likely is there to help in reality but dont know where to start.

The process has also changed from what it was to what you describe now. It really isnt enough time though to find that the quality of the content gets worse and young people dont find it engaging or interesting to watch. You will quickly discover this yourself...

I do find it amazing how people are so quick to blame companies when they know exactly what they are getting into then blame the company when something doesn't work or it's their own fault.

Firstly I have an agreement with Exemplar since January 2019 and there were several stages the cancellation was highlighted and then there was a video to watch which again explained cancellation and then another form to sign explaining the consultant had done their job explained the system, rights etc.

Secondly, there is a pack provided that has all the phone numbers to contact them as well as it being clearly on their site.

Thirdly, you can contact the Financial Ombudsman as it's a Finance Agreement if there was any malpractice on their part.

So next time - try providing the facts of your situation rather than choosing the edited bits you'd like to highlight.
  • Codiak
    Options
    AAAANNDDDD - Exemplar Education are now trying to get my legitimate review taken down from Trust Pilot for supposedly breaking guidelines...
  • Ree86
    Options
    Hi I’m in the cooling of period i signed yesterday and
    It’s not anything like I was told it was when
    You use the site with my daughter

Am i about to have issues cancelling and not
    Being able to ?? What are my steps if
    I have issues getting out of this credit
    Agreement can I get out this agreement in
    The 14 days
    Any advice for tomorrow?
    (One worried parent)
    I felt so pressured I can’t believe how stupid
    I’ve been:mad:
  • Codiak
    Options
    Act fast, contact customer services 0162 272 3003 (all calls are recorded) state you wish to cancel while in the 14 day cooling off period.
  • Kentish_Dave
    Options
    Ree86 wrote: »
    Hi I’m in the cooling of period i signed yesterday and
    It’s not anything like I was told it was when
    You use the site with my daughter

Am i about to have issues cancelling and not
    Being able to ?? What are my steps if
    I have issues getting out of this credit
    Agreement can I get out this agreement in
    The 14 days
    Any advice for tomorrow?
    (One worried parent)
    I felt so pressured I can’t believe how stupid
    I’ve been:mad:
    If you don’t manage to cancel then can I suggest that you get as much value as possible by doing the course yourself, too?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback