Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,487 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sunflowers sound fab.
    Boo to the client.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,143 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I hadn't really appreciated just how big a field of sunflowers is!

Have fun seeing your furry friend again. :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    The client event is over. The staff on shift were brilliant and it all went to plan. A few service users also worked hard on it which was great as things got done and it gave them a sense of value. I got home around nine and had a really good night’s sleep.

Today I am between two clients which is doable. I’m hoping for a reasonable finish time as we don’t want the furry one cooped up for too long.

Today I am grateful for
    An eBay sale, I’ll only clear about £5 but it’s a too big item that I don’t want to grow back into, it’s an item leaving the house and it’s a £5.
    The return of a slightly pudgey pooch
    A successful event
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,143 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done to you and the team for pulling off the event - that was a hard-earned night's rest. And I'm guessing you have a break from 'that client' for a day or so. Hope you have a productive day with the other people.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Glad to read the event went so well - and the sunflowers looked beautiful. I liked the photo of the white Alsatian! And it must be nice to have your own canine back again!

Have a good day inod.
    x
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I wonder if your trouble sleeping is due to stress? I hope you can find more time to unwind as I think that would be good for you.

I hope DH sorts out his plans soon. I'm glad that you managed to visit the sunflowers.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    DH’s cunning plan will take a while yet. It’s the first time that he has ever sat down to consider where he might want to be in ten, five or even one year. I suppose that’s one way to not have to see drift!

Yesterday I got home from the client around 9. We have problems with payroll and a lack of documentation. Just another mess left by the manager. Still that is hopefully being addressed. It’s just taking so much time.

I had some time with the mutt and then headed to bed. She used to follow me upstairs, wait until I got onto the bed and then jump up quite often before I’d managed to sort the covers. She did this again last night and stayed for 10 mins until dh banished her to her own sleeping quarters. I was relieved that she was still able for it as she has put on weight while away. Also her breed can suffer from dodgey hind legs as they age and she is now quite elderly.

I need to get going as the payroll really needs processed today.
    Today I am grateful for
    A good night’s sleep
    The dog still being able to make it onto the bed
    A nice dinner at the client
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Yesterday was an early start and a late finish working in Dublin. I did stop off in Aldi on my way home where just under 30 euros were spent. I also filled up on cheap diesel at the adjacent petrol station. The day’s work went well but I now need to create an output so a wee bit of pressure. There are a few deadlines approaching which is scary. Also, the manager is playing silly !!!!!!s in his new role. He has no idea how well he has been treated.

Today I have a meeting with a government department as member of a working group that I hope will build profile. I am tired but that’s par for the course.

Today I am grateful for
    Aldi’s super 6
    Co operative clients
    A welcome home from a smiley dog
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,809 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Aww, loving your gratitude list, especially the smiley dog :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Oh, forgot to mention. £20 was cashed out from prolific and a £10 voucher requested from sb. That only leaves £10 needed to cover my additional monthly saving between now and year end.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback