Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,826 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Dandy-Candy,

Massive hugs. If you feel you need the meds then go for it. My ex has just gone back on meds as he was struggling and I told him there is no shame if you need a bit help.

I saw on you tube the other day suggesting when anxious to eat or chew gum. As when you anxious you don't do that but your body say its ok as other wise you would not be eating. Hope that makes sense.

Yes AM had a nice time. Got his fav burger to eat as well :rotfl:so he was happy.

Hugs and squishes and handshakes all round.

Everyone take care and hope you manage some rest tonight.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    MU, I stress again that the GP won't know about other therapy options which might be out there. They will normally know only about the NHS option, which is basically IAPT. In your position I would self-refer for IAPT, because either they will give you some therapy or they will note that you are not suitable, which should in theory help you get access to more suitable services.

Meanwhile, do contact Mind or other local MH charities to ask about local services. They will know far more than the GP does what is out there - even Mr Google will know that, if you do some research yourself. (Can you tell I've had lots of contact with GPs and been shocked at how little they know? In fact I am less shocked nowadays - they have so much stress that they can't be expected to know. But I wish they'd just tell patients that they only know about NHS services and there may be other things out there!)

Good luck - try this two pronged approach and I hope you get some good stuff out of it!
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MU do you have any of the problems in the green box? If so i would go so at least you are having some help, but still tell the GP it wont help with the other issues.
  • dandy-candy
    Options
    Its very quiet here, i hope that means people are ok.

I started my anti depressants again today. My MH has been bad the last couple of days and i realised it was time when i found myself staring into space and thinking of how much better off my husband would be without me. He works hard 6 days a week and i can barely get the laundry done, much less clean the house or cook dinner. I dont enjoy life, but i should. I have a nice house, and my kids and husband are no trouble, and we are ok for money. Theres nothing wrong in my life, its my head that doesnt seem to work properly and i need to sort it out, so that's why ive started taking them again.

Hugs to anyone who needs them x
  • SingleSue
    SingleSue Posts: 11,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I did post in the early hours of the morning as I was having major wobbles but then deleted it a few hours later. Long time since I have been on this thread and it was a catch up and eek post at the same time and very very long.

Still, it made me feel better for getting it all off my chest even if I did then delete it all.
    We made it! All three boys have graduated, it's been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk - now having fun and games as a wheelchair user.
  • calleyw
    edited 12 May 2019 at 1:00AM
    Options
    Hello my lovelies,

Hugs and handshakes and squishes all round.

Dandy, well done for realising that you needed the extra help and gettting it.

Well the last few days have been eventful. AM has had his cast removed and now has a splint, back again in 4 weeks. Even though we were at the hospital by 9.25am there was no parking. And people where parking on double yellow lines with in the car park, the pedestrian walk through's. So ended up going off site. Where someone kindly scraped our car and drove off. Got a witness with a partial plate. But its going to be difficult. Annoyed as I know the car had a few marks on it :mad:

I am having strange thoughts such as I flooded a friends house the other day. As I did not turn off the kitchen tap. I know I did not as they never said anything. Having other thoughts that I have done something bad but not sure what it is!!!

And my fitbit seems to have decided to die. but in a rather unusual way, charges but wont let me see any other screen than the heart rate one. only had it two months. It was given to me second hand. So now I have to go on the hunt for another. Pathetic as it sounds, another stress I did not need. My last one broke last September and I could not make up my mind what to get. And was kindly offered the fit bit.

Hope the MIA's are doing ok. WaS hope you are doing ok.

Its late and I need to go to bed. So night night everyone. Hope you get some rest.

Yours

Calley x

• dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Since a few days ago had terrible allergies and a lot of coughing, but no blocked nose and no sore throat and im back at work Wednesday and worried I won't be able to do it!

Also bit upset and angry at social services, not going to go into detail much but remember they say I am too high functioning/normal/independant etc to need support well theres a family related issue I have and I had meeting with social work about it and they have decided due to my autism I am not suitable for what we were discussing as it would effect my mental health, routine, cause me anxiety, and I won't be able to cope if something went wrong.

In other words a total contradiction to what support services told me! So IMO as I thought a while back its down to funding I am meant to get support but they haven't got the cash and therefore told me nothing wrong with me, but when I need analysed for something I am told I am unsuitable.

Angry and a little upset over that!
  • dandy-candy
    Options
    Calley - how infuriating about the car! I hope you can track down the person who did it.

Deka - ((hugs)) can the social work person write a letter stating their decision for you to forward to support services?

An elderly neighbour asked me over for tea in her garden yesterday with some of the other elderly neighbours and it was really lovely. She gave us all a tour of her garden and then brought out home made cakes and biscuits. I stayed 2 hours and then worried if i was overstaying as she would be too polite to say she wanted us to leave, so said i had to go. Its really nice sometimes to do something different, usually i avoid it because of my anxiety, but yesterday was good :)

Hugs to all in need x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing well, been reading but not posting :o

I interviewed for a second job on Saturday to bring some extra money in for the household, and got it offered to me yesterday so that was a confidence boost. The manager was really laid back which helped, and even the practical part of approaching a customer and asking if I could help went really well. As I was normal-clothed, I just decided to explain that I was doing it as part of an interview, went over there faking that I was confident about doing it, and it seemed to work. I HATE approaching strangers and knew people were watching me, but it went fine :)

It's only 6 hours on a weekend (possibly 9 or 10 with overtime) but the money will come in very handy and it will be nice to be working with others again as I work alone in my weekday job so I feel very isolated :o

I also started to see a (paid-for) physio two weeks ago for a foot pain that two sports therapists have not been able to sort across 18 months and have stopped me running (which I loved doing). I have seen him twice for less than half an hour, the pain is already dramatically reduced, and he said after the second appointment that he will gauge it on the day but he should only need to see me once more, which is in an hour.

It feels like life is finally giving me a bit of a break and throwing me some lifelines, so I feel good and very grateful today x
  • calleyw
    Options
    Calley - how infuriating about the car! I hope you can track down the person who did it.

Dandy-Candy,

Thanks but don't think we will. If only the witness had a dash cam. Not enough reg info and the people we thought it was it seems not to have been. Our insurance will go up even if we choose not to claim off our own insurance :mad: very annoying.

This evening I have come to the conclusion that I might have anger and lack of concentration issues. But not sure what is causing them!!!! Or even where to start working on them.

Everyone get some rest.

Yours

Calley x

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport