Bounce.mobi/PM-Connect Scam

Options

Comments

• bodhran
    bodhran Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have the same problem, 2017. I was intensive care at the time I did'nt check my bill for over 6 months as I was too unwell. can you forward or email the template please, as these scammers cannot get away with it. I phone O2 to get my money back as I didn't authorise this. thanks
  • oli87
    oli87 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi Roger,

I’ve had the same problem with bounce games and think I’m about £330 out of pocket, I’d appreciate it if you could send me your template letter please.
  • staciee16
    Options
    RGW wrote: »
    Well, it worked!!

I got a cheque today for £167.50 plus the £25 court fee.

As I said, I wrote once and asked for proof we accepted a subscription. No reply. Then I wrote a "letter before action" asking for the same proof we accepted a subscription and giving them 7 days to reply before court action. When they didn't reply I went onto the Government Money Claims website and filed a small claims case against the company. They sent a cheque today for £192.50!

Anyone who wants to see the claim to see what I wrote or needs any advice, please PM me. I'm not a lawyer but just someone who hates to be ripped off by scumbags such as these and won't let something like this rest.

I would encourage anyone who has had charges on their mobile account without authority to do the same.

A victory today for the little guys!:beer:

Hi,

Would you be able to send me a template please?

I have been in to take out a new phone contract today to find I've been hit by this scam also.

Thank you :-)
  • SMATJA
    Options
    Hi Roger,

Fantastic news you got your refund and more besides!

Please would you be so kind to provide me with the documents you used?

Kindest,

Stacey
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    SMATJA wrote: »
    Hi Roger,

Fantastic news you got your refund and more besides!

Please would you be so kind to provide me with the documents you used?

Kindest,

Stacey

A PM was enough, the poster will reply when its seen.

staciee16 wrote: »
    Hi,

Would you be able to send me a template please?

I have been in to take out a new phone contract today to find I've been hit by this scam also.

Thank you :-)

How can you be hit by the scam when you've only taken out a new contract ?

Must have signed up to something.
  • SiRa
    Options
    PM Connect took nearly £250 from my father-in-law’s phone account without his consent for ‘exclusive WWE content.’

Vodafone stopped further charges when we discovered this nearly two years later. However PM Connect offered a refund of only eight weeks, or £20.

RGW was incredibly helpful. We used his document templates to write to PML Connect twice and ask for the money back. We received no response at all and issued a small claim online, again with the help of RGW’s template. The process was straightforward and fairly simple by the way.

PM Connect had until the end of October to respond to the claim. However today my father-in-law received a cheque for the full amount they owed and the £25 cost of issuing the claim.

A huge thank you to RGW for all your assistance.
  • RGW
    RGW Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Very pleased it all worked out and happy to have helped another person beat these scam artists! Well done!

RGW
    SiRa wrote: »
    PM Connect took nearly £250 from my father-in-law’s phone account without his consent for ‘exclusive WWE content.’

Vodafone stopped further charges when we discovered this nearly two years later. However PM Connect offered a refund of only eight weeks, or £20.

RGW was incredibly helpful. We used his document templates to write to PML Connect twice and ask for the money back. We received no response at all and issued a small claim online, again with the help of RGW’s template. The process was straightforward and fairly simple by the way.

PM Connect had until the end of October to respond to the claim. However today my father-in-law received a cheque for the full amount they owed and the £25 cost of issuing the claim.

A huge thank you to RGW for all your assistance.
  • Jocelineyau
    Options
    Hi RGW

I have just found myself in the same situation as with many others here and been scammed by footbox/PM connect. I contacted Vodafone who were useless and just passed on the company's number to contact them directly. I was offered a £16.00 "goodwill refund" on the phone and have followed up with an email asking for a full refund but they still aren't budging.

Would be super grateful if you could send me the document templates you have so I can pursue this further. Thank you ! Huge appreciation for all the help you have given on this.

Many thanks

Joceline
  • RGW
    RGW Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There have been quite a lot of new private messages asking for the documents I used.

PLEASE, can you include an email address in your PM so I can forward documents on. Otherwise how do I send them?

RGW
  • MercurialNo.10
    Options
    They don't like their practices being mentioned on their fancy LinkedIn page, so I'll be adding comments criticising this absolute scam as they try and delete them.

https://www.linkedin.com/mwlite/company/pmconnect

I'd ask others to do the same, I've also contacted some local media outlets in Birmingham about them.

Awarded a local business award for scamming people...what an utter disgrace this is!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback