Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Flybe ONLY

Options

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Flybe are cancelling routes full stop all over the UK in an effort to manage the business (how about flying puntually?)
    My siste got caught out on a two leg flight back to Guernsey and they had to put her up in a hotel overnight.
    Of course eastern airways have put up the cost - competion has just disappeared!
    Did you buy flights on credit card? If so and Flybe refuse to acknowledge their error and mistake then claim section 75 off of credit card for refund.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • johnoflynn
    johnoflynn Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just read the last couple of pages of this as I'm also awaiting a reply by the 30th March on my claim. I just phoned customer services to be told that its on hold and they are awaiting the Head Office response:mad:.
    However, reading one of the earlier comments on the regs I'm wondering if I'm also entitled to an additional refund of flight cost as we were diverted from Dusseldorf to Cologne. They paid the taxi fare back immediately but have put the rest of the complaint on hold. This is the letter I sent them which they say they never had but I gave them the basic details back in July. "
    12 June 2014
    Flybe
    Customer Relations
    PO Box 795
    Exeter
    Devon
    EX1 9UL

Dear Sir/Madam,
    BE7047 on 9 June 2014
    I am writing to you in connection with the above flight which I was booked onto on 9th June 2014.
    The flight was supposed to depart from Birmingham International Airport at 17:55 , but was delayed by over 3 hours arrival at its destination. The flight departed at 19:30 and on approach to Dusseldorf at circa 22:00 (German Time) was diverted to Cologne. We were advised by the Pilot that this was due to a curfew at Dusseldorf. We were also advised that there would be 3 representatives of flybe at Cologne baggage collection to organise our onward transport to Dusseldorf, however there were no staff present that knew what was happening, In the end we ended up getting at taxi at excessive cost (€164.5).
    I recognise that Dusseldorf airport was not accepting flights due to a storm at some time in the evening but the pilot advised that we were arriving after the curfew and this was the reason for our diversion. Had we departed on time we would have arrived prior to any storm. Should you try to use the “meteorological event” excuse for not accepting this claim I will appeal against it to the CAA
    Under the EU Denied Boarding Regulation 261/2004, I am entitled to the sum of €250 compensation and look forward to receiving the sterling equivalent within the next 14 days.
    I also look forward to the return of the travel costs
    I attach a copy of the ticket.
    I also note that the departure at Birmingham was forecast at 18:40 all the way until we boarded after 19:00. The “boarding in 5 mins” was displayed for over an hour. I approached another gate with a flybe representative to find out what was happening and was advised to watch the departure board as they didn’t know. This really goes against your customer charter which states
    This passenger charter sets out our commitment to give you a safe, efficient and friendly service. As our customer, you have the right to expect:
    a safe, reliable and punctual journey
    staff who are readily available to provide help if you need it
    the service standards promised in our charter, advertising and promotional material”
    This was a very similar position at Dusseldorf on my return journey on 11th June 2014 where we were delayed and again the board showed departure time as 17:00 well beyond the actual boarding time (I have a photo of the departure board showing this). Again the staff did not know what was happening,
    All in all a very unpleasant trip which did not meet your charter in any way or the service |I would have expected"
    D
    o you think I can claim any extra in line with the regs e.g. a refund of the flight? I'm thinking of emailing the letter to the customer service team to prompt them
    Thanks

• Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JoF: Take a look a the flightstats website for arrivals into Dusseldorf that evening. It shows a lot of flights running from about 9pm that evening, but all of them get into the airport - apart from the Flybe flight. I don't understand the point about the curfew, because flights were arriving long after midnight. I think you'd need a compelling explanation from Flybe about why your flight was redirected (and not just delayed) - because weather alone doesn't seem very credible.
  • johnoflynn
    johnoflynn Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you Vauban I'll check out flightstats to boost my evidence.

Does anyone know if being diverted means I can claim the ticket cost back too or is it just the €250?
    Thanks
  • Vauban
    Options
    johnoflynn wrote: »
    Thank you Vauban I'll check out flightstats to boost my evidence.

Does anyone know if being diverted means I can claim the ticket cost back too or is it just the €250?
    Thanks

You can claim for the cost of getting to your final destination, as well as the compensation. But not a refund of the ticket.
  • markthesparky
    Options
    Hi all

Not sure if anyone else has had this offer, I have searched the forum. Flybe have sent me an email today offering £300 per person in vouchers. Is this right? Can they pay the compensation in vouchers.

Thanks

Mark
  • jazzy639
    jazzy639 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    I've just been offered the same £300 in vouchers from Flybe to be used within 18 months. I very rarely fly with Flybe and would much prefer a cash settlement. Can we legally request monetary compensation?

Here's their full email:
    Dear X
    We are writing as promised following our final review of your claim.
    Following our investigations we can confirm that you are entitled to compensation in accordance with EU 261/2004 following the disruption experienced. As a result Flybe would be pleased to offer you a voucher to the value of £300.00 / 350.00Euros (per person) for redemption against a future Flybe flight.
    The voucher may be claimed and utilised via our dedicated team within the next 18 months from today's date. Your journey must also have flown within this period. Bookings made via our Vouchers Team will be subject to our online rates found via Flybe.com
    By accepting this offer with our Vouchers Team your claim is settled in full and final settlement of all claims, demands, actions and proceedings arising out of the flight described within your letter of claim.
    Thank you for your patience whilst we have reviewed your claim and we hope to have another early opportunity to welcome you on board our services again soon.
    Kind regards
    Flybe
  • skata
    skata Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    jazzy639 wrote: »
    I've just been offered the same £300 in vouchers from Flybe to be used within 18 months. I very rarely fly with Flybe and would much prefer a cash settlement. Can we legally request monetary compensation?

Here's their full email:

I got this also.. which is weird as no-where does it say they can offer compensation in the form of vouchers.

Even their booklet mentioned cash.

Anyone know if this is possible?
  • Vauban
    Options
    Hi all

Not sure if anyone else has had this offer, I have searched the forum. Flybe have sent me an email today offering £300 per person in vouchers. Is this right? Can they pay the compensation in vouchers.

Thanks

Mark

:lipsrseal

Really? I mean, really?
  • Golactico
    Golactico Posts: 87 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cut and pasted from the MSE flight delay compensation page:

Do I have to accept money in vouchers?

We've heard plenty of reports of airlines giving flight vouchers instead of cash. In particular, Thomas Cook often crops up as doing this. But you don't have to accept these, you're entitled to your compensation in cash (likely to be paid by cheque).

I have just replied as follows:

I note your acceptance below of my entitlement to compensation under my claim ref:XXXXXX.

I reject your offer of vouchers in lieu of the prescribed rate of monetary compensation due under EU 261/2004.

Please revert to me as soon as possible with your proposals for settling this matter by way of payment at the appropriate rate of 250 euro per passenger, in Great British Pounds.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure