PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

January 2010 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Long_tall_sally
    Options
    Oh has just spent £12 in the Co on chicken etc for dinner 2morrow although can't see what else he has got to make it that much! Will update signature now.
    Grocery aim £450pm.Spent £519 August, £584 July, £544 June, £541 May, £549 April, £517 March, £517 Feb,£555 Jan, £573 Dec, £465Nov, £561Oct, £493Sept, £426Aug,£496 Jul, £528Jun, £506May,£498April, £558 March, £500Feb, £500 Jan, £490 Dec, £555 Nov,£566 Oct, £505Sept, £450Aug, £410 July, £437 June, £491 May, £471 April, £440 March, £552Feb, £462Jan
  • HowlinWolf
    Options
    hello all.

I've had 4 NSD's this week and I am aiming for another one today. We will have home made soup for lunch with the end of the bread I made the other day and I have another loaf in the breadmaker for tea when we will have bacon sandwiches. Will need to do a little shopping tomorrow though if we can get out in the snow. I had an email from Mr S today saying that they had issued a refund for my returned item but couldn't tell me what the item was or how much it was worth. I didn't return anything so I will be watching my bank account with interest for the next few days.
    Sealed pot member 735
    Frugal Living Challenge 2011
    GC 2011 404.92/2400
  • JayJay14
    JayJay14 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Options
    Well I'm having quite a few NSDs this week due to the weather, it was all I could do yesterday to crawl home from work in the traffic without going out shopping too:rotfl:And I live in town so I hope all my colleagues who live out in the sticks made it home OK.

Have stayed indoors today, and I have my very first cornish pasties in the oven. Made with real steak (trimmings from some beef I bought from Asda before Xmas) turnip and potato. I have never done them before cos I tend to use cooked fillings for pies and pasties so OH is sitting waiting impatiently for them to come out of the oven - as I typed that last bit he said 'how are the pasties doing?'.

I will go and see how they are getting on. (wish me luck:D)
  • Kitchenbunny
    Kitchenbunny Posts: 2,085 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    JayJay14 wrote: »
    Well I'm having quite a few NSDs this week due to the weather, it was all I could do yesterday to crawl home from work in the traffic without going out shopping too:rotfl:And I live in town so I hope all my colleagues who live out in the sticks made it home OK.

Have stayed indoors today, and I have my very first cornish pasties in the oven. Made with real steak (trimmings from some beef I bought from Asda before Xmas) turnip and potato. I have never done them before cos I tend to use cooked fillings for pies and pasties so OH is sitting waiting impatiently for them to come out of the oven - as I typed that last bit he said 'how are the pasties doing?'.

I will go and see how they are getting on. (wish me luck:D)

Good luck with the pasties, JayJay! I've made them from scratch before and they turned out lovely :D Made some, then froze the rest to have another time :) Beautiful!

Kitchenbunny xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
  • Fi27
    Fi27 Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all.

After 4 NSD all cosy & tucked up at home i finally ventured out to T's with OH. Spent £33.04 in T's and then £9.03 in co-op on toilet roll 12 for £2.50, t-bags 240 for £2 and some 1kg bags of sugar for 69p each. The co-op had some pretty good offers actually :T.

I made some nice lentil soup last week and plan to make more this weekend. Had wanted a ham hough to put in it but none in T's and i wasnt for trecking to the butchers so it'll have to do without. But to be honest the soup was really tasty without it so i guess thats more moneysaving really. I save my plastic milk bottles to freeze soup in. They can be a little bulky in the freezer but not too bad and they are free with your milk! They're also handy for storing soup in the fridge. Takes up much less room that a big pan or bowl.

Fi.
    May GC Budget £200 spent
    Apr GC Budget £225 spent £258.32 Mar GC Budget £200 Spent £206.31
    Feb GC Budget £175 spent £210.23 Jan GC Budget £200 Spent £178.91
    For 2 adults :heartsmil
  • winterfrost
    Options
    Ok, shopping done, ended up being £10 rather than £6 as some things were still on deals and I needed a couple of occasional items (like sugar). Still a lot less than £30, though! And the collection of things I won't need to buy again for weeks and weeks grows ever larger...
    GC: December: £145?/£120; January: £125.70/£120; February: £163.22/£120; March £113.94/£120; April £DOOM; May £Gave up; June £DOOM; July £160.78/£108; August £7.65/£200
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2010: member 780
  • Alison_Funnell
    Options
    Box scheme delivery £13
    Asda 3.37
    Sainsburys - awaiting OH with the receipt
    Put the kettle on. ;)
  • carrieon
    carrieon Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    Kitchenbunny and Jay all this talk about home made pasties is making me yearn for pastry. Methinks that will be my cooking sorted for tomorrow. But have no beef so will make mine with cheap old mince.
    Fit27 That sounds a good idea, think i'l do that one. I usually put them in tubs then either forget to put what they are or the ticket comes off. Then I'm walking around Fiveways with sticky tickets attached to me Saying things like "CHILLI 4/12/09" Oh well gives the assistants a laugh when they point it out.
    Debt at 01/01/2010 £130 MBNA :T

Challenges £365 in 365 days total.....£41.14/£365
    Grocery challenge December £87.69/ £80.00 Grocery challenge Feb £74.50/£160
    Crazy Clothes Challenge £50.92/£100 in 2010
  • Rebekah24
    Rebekah24 Posts: 544 Forumite
    Options
    No spend today & tommorow, will be staying in now until its time to go to work Monday...dont see any point going out there..brrrr

Wrapped up in 5 layers, blanket keeping warm

Using up bits from storecupboard n fridge today

Hot tea, couple boiled eggs, hot squash will be on the menu today

Snow is good for NSD's....not much else tho!! lol
    OU Law student
    May Grocery challenge
    £30/ £11
  • herewegoagain2010
    Options
    NSD for me today - 5 in total now. Weather is bleak and poor hubby is working away tonight and will hopefully be back tomorrow night. He's just left and is on a 120mile journey. I hate him having to go, but work is work. I just hope everything goes to plan, but I've got an awful feeling the job he's gone to do won't happen as planned. He'll have to stay there until it's done so I think it'll be Tuesday at the earliest before he's home. I've changed my meal plan now it's just me and the children to try and use up cupboard and freezer stores. Hope everyone is keeping warm and staying safe. x
    Starting again and working towards our new df life!
    A very proud forces wife
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport