3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Options

Comments

• abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon everyone!

Thanks for the welcomes. Is really impressive to see how much people on here have saved...!!!

Made my deposit for May - another £250 :)

Total Saved = £500/£1500

If I have any spare I'll shovel it to one side and put it towards next month... Aiming for £250 a month if I can.

Keep up the good work!!!
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi all, just a quickie to say my new EF balance is now £3400 which is 40% of my target! :j thank you Helen for this thread, it's exactly the motivation I needed to get saving! :T xx
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning Peeps :)

Well I'm not well this morning.....Got a tickly throat and a stuffed up nose...so I'm guessing I'm on the way to getting a cold....Hopefully it won't stick around for too long....But I know these Bugs are going around so hopefully it will do one fairly quickly :D

Nothing to Report moneywise....

Dobbibill - I've Updated the First Page...WOW, look at just how well you're doing!! YAY to getting to the three quarters mark!! xXx :)

abundant1972 - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing BRILLIANTLY!! It's great that you've joined this Thread...you are definitely more than welcome here xXx :)

[Deleted User] - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing AWESOME hun!! I'm so glad this Thread is giving you lots of motivation xXx :)

Let's go out today and find those rainbows!! xXx :)
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    $100.00 added and my signature is updated.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 971 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sorry I didn't post last week. Birthday happened and life got in the way.

Dropped my regular saving deposit from £45 to £30 for a while because putting all of my spare money in there and living on the same small amount I was when paying off my CCs wasn't working out so well - especially since I then had no scope to save up for bigger purchases.

As of this morning, EF stands at

£2,067.82 / 4600

45%
    Aqua 0/1850 Cap.One 0/450 Vanquis 0/500 HSBC 0/100
    :j ~Debt Free Date 07/12/2015~ :j

SPC member #530 :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin 3-month EF: £2158.63/4600
    Make £10/day Nov-Dec £814.04 Jan-Apr £1689.78 May £233.57/310
  • DreamerHelen
    Options
    Morning Campers...and Happy Weekend to Everyone :)

Well I have a rotten stinking cold.... :( I don't mind my nose being blocked...what I HATE is when it keeps dripping and also not being able to taste anything...I LOVE my Food!! Oh well...this too will pass....Just hope I can keep up today as I've had maybe 3 hours sleep and I have to Work all day today...and am off out to the Cinema tonight.....But I'm sure it will be fine....It's only a cold after all....There's worse things that I could have....

I've really got to try and concentrate on upping my Emergency Fund....Haven't managed to add anything for a while...so I'll see what I can do when I get paid next Thursday....it might only be another Fiver but, slowly slowly catchy monkey!! :D

milasavesmoney - I've Updated the First Page...You are doing BRILLIANTLY!! Keep it going hun and keep letting us know how you're doing.... xXx :)

lexbubbles - I've Updated the First Page....Look how well you're doing and how far you've come...You're AWESOME!! And I hope you had a WONDERFUL Birthday.... xXx :)
  • DreamerHelen
    Options
    Evening All :)

Well I am just finishing off my Paid Work tonight....Should be finished by about 11.30pm or so....It's been a busy old Weekend!!

I went to see the new Jungle Book last night...it was AWESOME!! Quite a dark Film and perhaps not one to take the very littlies to....but really great....By the time I went to bed I had been awake pretty much for 24 hours....LoL....

Sooooo, I'm just popping on to say that I WILL be able to put another Fiver into my Emergency Fund this coming Thursday...so I'm really pleased with that....Even though I know there are people on this Thread that have saved soooooooooo much more than me I'm just proud that I have managed to Save a little and not spend it....so I'm feeling pretty proud of myself at the moment.... :D

Anyway....I hope you ALL have a wonderful Monday tomorrow and manage to find those Rainbows....Remember you need rain in order to find the Rainbows.... xXx :)
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tax return arrived and I put a big chunk in my savings. I would have just spent it before I started this challenge as last year was a rotten year finanancially and I would have treated myself.
    $10,011.29/$15,000
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • sophieo16
    sophieo16 Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 10 May 2016 at 8:09PM
    Options
    Hello all,

A small mid-month update from me after a few eBay sales etc.

#5 £1516.65/£3000 (50.55%)

I am finally at that half way mark in my emergency fund and i am over the moon about it. I was thinking of treating myself to something small when i got to this point (maybe a nice new top etc) but I'm going on my holiday in 2 days so i feel like that is my extra special treat, even though unrelated :rotfl:maybe i will buy myself a fancy cocktail whilst I'm there to congratulate myself.

In terms of my flatmate situation, my new flatmate missed her first bills payment which meant i had to pull out of my emergency fund to cover this at the start of the month, but she seems to have set up her DD now for the bills. The issue we have now is that she has been told that her contact at work isn't being renewed at the end of the month... so i may be on the hunt for a new flatmate sooner than i thought depending on her plans. This could also mean extra bill payments for me, however i am glad that I'm in the situation where i have my emergency funds to cover instances like this! :T

What a lifesaver, eh?

Get me on my holidays! haha

Sophie
    Mortgage Feb 2023- £249,210 MFW 2023 #20: £524.05/£500 (104.81%)
  • DreamerHelen
    Options
    Morning Everyone.... :)

Well I have been dreadfully sick with a flu/cold/bug thingy....It's been awful....I feel like someone has either given me a Sedative or hit me over the head with a Sledgehammer....I just feel drained and tired and like my limbs just won't hold me...Not to mention my throat is hurting and I have been coughing like crazy..... :(

Oh well....Hopefully it's on it's way out now....fingers crossed!!

I'm definitely putting in another Fiver tomorrow....can't wait to put that money in my Terramundi :D

milasavesmoney - I've Updated the First Page....Look at how AMAZING you are doing!! I'm so pleased for you!! Keep going hun xXx :)

sophieo16 - I've Updated the First Page....CONGRATULATIONS on reaching 50%...that's AWESOME!! I'm sorry you're having problems with your Flatmate...hopefully it will sort itself out....and I hope you have a WONDERFUL and RELAXING Holiday....Hope you're going somewhere nice xXx :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure