Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Torry, I've only just seen your post. Sorry I wasn't on here last night......I lost my internet, so couldn't log out, and gave up in the end and went to sleep.

I hope you were able to read what the others have said, and I echo that.
    You are too valuable to give up. Like MU said, I am sure your lovely husband wouldn't want you to die before your time.

Your life does have meaning, even though you can't see that it does right now, but one day you will see that it does, I absolutely promise you you will.

Have a little 'talk' to your husband, tell him how you're feeling, and listen to him telling you what to do.
    Then write down his words, fold up the piece of paper, and carry that with you everywhere.

:A

Other women who have gone through exactly this will be able to help you, and you won't feel so alone. I'm talking about Cruse. People I know who have contacted them have told me how much benefit and comfort they got from Cruse.
    I do feel you need some support right now, from people who have gone through exactly the same. We can only imagine it, but others have actually experienced it.
    Please, please phone them?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning Torrey. Morning everyone else.
    I hope things appear a little less dark for you this morning.

I didn't get to sleep till late then overslept this morning so am running late. I won't get the chance to check in during the day, but I'm sure people will be around if it helps to post.
    Be kind to yourself.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Torry, I can't begin to imagine what you're going through but please try to remember that there are people who care about you.
    I hope that things are feeling a little less bleak today.
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Torry I wish I could make it easier.
    Please post on here when you feel low and we will try and be sounding boards and comfort.
    Xxx Xxx

Waiting for a second interview date still
    Have an interview next week
    Nephew is struggling with his role a bit so been mentoring and today did some gap analysis and created a gannt chart for him.

Still gotta chase cmht for OH his mood is all over the place
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 August 2018 at 11:18PM
    Options
    Torry if you're there, how are you feeling today?

Had a noce day, went back home to see my family, not seen them since chrostmas so it was long overdue. Bit annoyed as i found out my mum has a heart condition and even ended up in hospital but she never told me, i rememeber talking to her around the time it happened and she didn;t mention it, Swain thinks its because she didn't want to worry me, which is probably true, i think shes ok now, shes on medication and under a cardiologist. Still worries me though, i feel like a bad daughter for not being there for her when she needed me.

yesterday i went to see my friends and their kids, oh my god they are adorable, the little boy is 3 and his sister is 18months. They were an absoloute joy to be around and i'm going to keep in regular contact from now so i get to see everyone more. Being aware of consent i asked them if they wanted a hug or a high 5, i remember being a kid and not being comfortable hugging parents friends so i thought it better to give them a choice.
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I'm here, physically and mentally exhausted. Little sleep last night and called Samaritans. There's lots in my head
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm here, physically and mentally exhausted. Little sleep last night and called Samaritans. There's lots in my head

So glad, Torry. :A
    Glad you called the Samaritans as well.

I really hope you got a bit more sleep.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Torry I think pyxis suggested calling cruise, they are really helpful I used them when my dad died.
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Cruse is a really good idea. Hope you find them useful, Torry.

Love your hug alternative, MU! xxxxx

Squishes to all ~~~~~~~~

(Oops, logged in to say I'm away for 10 days again, and then forgot to say it. I will check in from time to time) xxx
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just popping in to say I hope everyone is ok.

The weekend has finally arrived which involves Gitdog and I in a small tent. I have packed alcohol. Lots and lots of alcohol. This could be the worst idea I've had in a while.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback