Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,032 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    Just popping in to say I hope everyone is ok.

The weekend has finally arrived which involves Gitdog and I in a small tent. I have packed alcohol. Lots and lots of alcohol. This could be the worst idea I've had in a while.
    :rotfl: What's Gitdog like after consuming alcohol?

I hope you have good camping weather. Not too hot, no storms, no high winds.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    :rotfl: What's Gitdog like after consuming alcohol?

I hope you have good camping weather. Not too hot, no storms, no high winds.

Well, Bobby my cat is sometimes (not always) partial to a little red wine. If he licks several finger-tips that have been dipped into my glass (not the same ones, I would add), seems to relax him.

I have only given him beer a couple of times - he definitely prefers wine, like his 'dad' ;)
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Well nothing has really changed . I'm still sobbing most of the time and didn't bother getting out of bed today. Yesterday I went to a bbq at my church which was a big mistake. I soon became overwhelmed by th people and the sound of them having fun. Someone called me today but just went on at length about themself with no regard for me.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Torry they may just have talked about themselves out of awkwardness and trying to keep the conversation going, I'm guilty of that often.

Although you might not feel the church BBQ was a success, I think it was great that you went. That was a big step forward for you, well done :)
  • annandale
    annandale Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Options
    Go to your GP. As soon as possible. I presume you have already but if you have a supportive GP get back there and ask him for something that might help you sleep at least. I have no idea how you are feeling but you can’t go on like this. For your sake. My gran lost my grandpa after 35 years of marriage. Suddenly. It was horrendous. But she kept going. She had to. She also lost two family members to suicide. One her brother and one her son. If you end your life your father will never get over it. This may sound like words but my family are not over what happened to us almost 30 years on. Grief is awful and the first year is the worst but you hang on in there as there are people who need you and you keep going for them.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    annandale wrote: »
    Go to your GP. As soon as possible. I presume you have already but if you have a supportive GP get back there and ask him for something that might help you sleep at least. I have no idea how you are feeling but you can’t go on like this. For your sake. My gran lost my grandpa after 35 years of marriage. Suddenly. It was horrendous. But she kept going. She had to. She also lost two family members to suicide. One her brother and one her son. If you end your life your father will never get over it. This may sound like words but my family are not over what happened to us almost 30 years on. Grief is awful and the first year is the worst but you hang on in there as there are people who need you and you keep going for them.

The thing is, though, that people are very different in how grief gets processed. There is no right way and no wrong way either. Each person has to muddle through each day in their own way.

The thing about this thread is that people can offload onto here, where they might feel unable to, as much, to friends and acquaintances.

Even a GP would say that there is no medication for grief, and it's now realised that numbing it can cause more problems in the future.

Torry isn't wrong to feel as she does....she is coping in her own way.
    You are, Torry, even if you feel you aren't, and do, please, carry on letting us know how you are feeling, because that is the best thing you can do at the moment.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Torry_Quine
    Options
    Pyxis wrote: »
    The thing is, though, that people are very different in how grief gets processed. There is no right way and no wrong way either. Each person has to muddle through each day in their own way.

The thing about this thread is that people can offload onto here, where they might feel unable to, as much, to friends and acquaintances.

Even a GP would say that there is no medication for grief, and it's now realised that numbing it can cause more problems in the future.

Torry isn't wrong to feel as she does....she is coping in her own way.
    You are, Torry, even if you feel you aren't, and do, please, carry on letting us know how you are feeling, because that is the best thing you can do at the moment.

Thanks.

I'd love if there was something to make me better but there isnt. I need to feel my pain as awful as it is, it's all I have.

See my GP tomorrow

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
  • Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Torry

You can still feel the pain and the loss but if some medication can help you get some sleep and take the edge off then it is worth considering. That and a couple of counselling sessions helped me a lot.
  • Torry_Quine
    Options
    Elona wrote: »
    Torry

You can still feel the pain and the loss but if some medication can help you get some sleep and take the edge off then it is worth considering. That and a couple of counselling sessions helped me a lot.

I'm on antidepressants, have been for years and take a sleeping pill occasionally.

See my counsellor again on Thursday

• annandale
    annandale Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Options
    I wasn’t trying to say she was wrong. I was trying to say that if she ends her life there will be people who will never get over it. I know people deal with grief in different ways but if someone is vocalising that they are thinking of killing them selves then all I can say is being the person who is left behind is awful.

It took a year for my mum to smile again after my uncle died. I never thought I would have a happy moment again.

There’s no easy way to lose someone but that is one of the worst.

I’m sorry you feel that desperate and I’m not trying to be unsympathetic to your grief. I’m just trying to say that if you do end your life there will be people who will be truly devastated.

I also wasn’t trying to say there was a medication for grief. Just that if someone isn’t sleeping well there might be something the doctor can prescribe even in the short term.

I’ve lost enough close family members to know what grief is and I do know everyone deals with it differently.

I’ll leave you all to it. Best wishes.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure