We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

1…10341035103710391040…1138

Comments

  • bagpuss38
    bagpuss38 Posts: 705
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Hi can someone explain how to read the white penguin posts?
    Sorry to ask x
    SIMPLY BE-££577.11:eek:
    Very BNPL - £353.00:o
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    bagpuss38 wrote: »
    Hi can someone explain how to read the white penguin posts?
    Sorry to ask x

    Press 'quote' as if you're going to post a reply. You will then see what's been written in the whiteout.


    Please do remember, though, that if you do want to reply to the post, you have to press the back button to leave the 'quote', and start again on a blank reply, otherwise the penguined bit will show up against the green of the quoted bit in your reply.

    Hope that makes sense.'
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:



  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 29 August 2018 at 5:20PM
    As an example, here's a whited out bit that isn't a penguin, just a demo.
    If you press 'quote', you will see it.


    Here is an example of a pretend penguin
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:



  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Pyxis wrote: »
    As an example, here's a whited out bit that isn't a penguin, just a demo.



    Here is an example of a pretend penguin

    And here is that post, quoted 'by mistake', to illustrate what happens if you quote a penguin.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:



  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,347
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I've got an easier way of seeing penguins - Just highlight the whole of the post and they will show up.

    (Or you can go to the zoo where they have them in special pools :D)
    Ex board guide. Signature now changed (if you know, you know).
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I've got an easier way of seeing penguins - Just highlight the whole of the post and they will show up.

    (Or you can go to the zoo where they have them in special pools :D)

    Can't do that on an iPad, though!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:



  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,347
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Ah. I forget how old fashioned I am with my laptop, sometimes! :)
    Ex board guide. Signature now changed (if you know, you know).
  • Quick way to highlight (on a laptop at least!) is to press control plus A. then everything goes blue!
    Deal with things as they are, not as they should be.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Quick way to highlight (on a laptop at least!) is to press control plus A. then everything goes blue!

    :D Can't do that on an iPad, either! :D
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

    Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:



  • Gingernutty
    Gingernutty Posts: 3,769
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Dekaspace, you really need better social services input.
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.