Add your feedback on energy supplier Usio Energy

Options

Comments

• beefturnmail
    Options
    Nada. I sent my opening readings to Bulb yesterday for the switch from FU to Bulb on the 4th Dec. By my rough calculations the credit balance from Usio should cover my energy usage from FU to within £5-£10, so they can take forever to sort it out for all I care. Managed to get a £100 referral link to Bulb too, so should be quids in from this fiasco.:beer:
  • The_Bloodster
    Options
    I seemingly have been confirmed as a FU customer on the 3rd November too and I gave them readings then.

I have also had the 3 bill email recently. My issue is that GB Energy who I was with until I switched to Usio on 24th Sep over estimated my final bill. After I queried this with them as I told them I had given Usio the final read they said I would have to raise this with Usio. At this stage Usio had already gone under so I spoke to FU who said its GB energy who have to sort it.

As long as my readings follow on it won't be too bad as I'm a light user and hopefully it will all come out in the wash. I am now looking at switching again as FU are expensive even for me as a light user
  • The_Bloodster
    Options
    So has anyone switched yet? I have just checked if I switch dual fuel I can save £74 a year by switching to Toto but have seen there seems to be issues so my top 3 are

Toto save £74
    People Energy save £73
    Avro save £71

However if I switch Gas and Electric separately my gas stays the same and the rates are:

FU SC 10.05p UR 3.638p
    Zog SC 11.55p UR 3.527p

It seems there isn't much difference as it works out £5.13 less a year for my usage with Zog (4621) but £5.48 more SC so not much difference at all

Electric if I switch on its own comes out £142 cheaper with Enstroga so may just switch my electric out on it's own unless I then loss a Dual Fuel discount with FU so would have to switch this to Zog.

So are Enstroga and Zog looking dodgy financially at the moment?
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I switched my leccy away from FU yesterday - switch confirmed by the new supplier and also distributor database has updated. I await the 3 bills from FU with interest particularly as I get the distinct impression that when Usio went down ,the last one out unplugged the computers!!
    As a matter of interest ,I'm still waiting for the final bill from Octopus who I left on 12th September for Usio!!
  • Posiden
    Posiden Posts: 26 Forumite
    edited 29 November 2018 at 9:16PM
    Options
    Update-

So Ive spoken to SSE and they have corrected my bill from me owing them £362.29 to them owing me £8.44

FU have already over estimated my meter reading by nearly 3000 units (this is after SSE had over estimated by over 2000 units ) and after wasting time on their website Ii managed to 'conduct' a 'live chat' with First Utility and they informed that they would accept a manual submitted reading if I photographed the meter showing the reading and the bar code for identification.
    I have to repeat the process seven days later for them to confirm my useage!.
    I spoke to 3 or 4 people within this chat but i don't like using 'social media' at the best of times.

Question is when can I leave FU and go with a grown up supplier?
  • busybee100
    busybee100 Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I received the letter outlining the three billing dates a couple of days ago and they've now requested a reading. It specifically says to use todays reading.

Western Power still have Usio as my supplier.
  • beefturnmail
    Options
    Just received an e-mail from FU saying they're going to take a dd of £70ish on the 10th December using the Usio dd.

I sent a reply along the lines of "good luck, but the dd was cancelled when Usio went under - I'm leaving you on the 4th and will manually pay any money I owe you (if any, once the Usio credit has been applied), once you've sent me a final bill I agree with"
  • brewerdave
    Options
    Just received an e-mail from FU saying they're going to take a dd of £70ish on the 10th December using the Usio dd.

I sent a reply along the lines of "good luck, but the dd was cancelled when Usio went under - I'm leaving you on the 4th and will manually pay any money I owe you (if any, once the Usio credit has been applied), once you've sent me a final bill I agree with"

Had the same email - they are going to try to collect £66+ by DD "on or after 12th December".
    Firstly , I left on 28th November ....and since the account data (what there was) has vanished from my FU web page ,they obviously know ,and secondly, they are proposing the same DD as Usio which would have been far too small a payment because they are much more expensive!!
    I've fired off a similar email to FU and will keep an eye on the current account to prevent ANY monies being taken.:)
  • markipad
    Options

Same here; my DD with Usio was cancelled when they went under, and I've since switched from FU! Why don't they check their information before sending this sort of email out?

In fact, didn't Usio send us an email along the lines of "we don't think it ethical to continue debiting you, now that we have ceased trading, so we have cancelled your Direct Debit?"
  • brewerdave
    Options
    markipad wrote: »
    In fact, didn't Usio send us an email along the lines of "we don't think it ethical to continue debiting you, now that we have ceased trading, so we have cancelled your Direct Debit?"

I actually got an email from Usio on 15th October "cancelling my subscription to Usio Energy" and saying that "no further payments will be charged" -that was before I even knew that Usio had gone!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure