Add your feedback on energy supplier Usio Energy

Options

Comments

• busybee100
    busybee100 Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    I actually got an email from Usio on 15th October "cancelling my subscription to Usio Energy" and saying that "no further payments will be charged" -that was before I even knew that Usio had gone!

They did that just before they unplugged the computers. :D

I do get the impression someone was very sore at being put in this position, they seemed to fold quickly where other companies limp on when they really shouldn't.

I'm still waiting for Western Power to update.
  • beefturnmail
    Options
    Firstly , I left on 28th November ....and since the account data (what there was) has vanished from my FU web page

Interesting - I left yesterday and my account data is still within FU. So as it happens, is all the account data (under a different user name) from when I was a FU customer 2 and a half years ago
  • markipad
    markipad Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My understanding was that First Utility took over from Usio, as the SoLR, on or around 19th Ocotber, yet STILL no sign of what I expect to be a credit balance from Usio. Has ANYONE had any credit yet?

From what I remember reading, we're only talking about 7000 accounts in this case!

Credit balances may well be "protected", but that's no help if the balance is not forthcoming.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    markipad wrote: »
    My understanding was that First Utility took over from Usio, as the SoLR, on or around 19th Ocotber, yet STILL no sign of what I expect to be a credit balance from Usio. Has ANYONE had any credit yet?

From what I remember reading, we're only talking about 7000 accounts in this case!

Credit balances may well be "protected", but that's no help if the balance is not forthcoming.

Nope...and they know I've moved onwards as almost everything has vanished from my FU account - All that I can now see is the opening reading I gave them and the title of the tariff they moved us over to when they inherited the Usio customers.
    Fortunately by my calculations ,I'll owe FU more than my Usio credit , so as with Iresa/Octopus situation I'm quids in until they issue final bills:rotfl:
  • beefturnmail
    Options
    Nope...and they know I've moved onwards as almost everything has vanished from my FU account - All that I can now see is the opening reading I gave them and the title of the tariff they moved us over to when they inherited the Usio customers.
    Fortunately by my calculations ,I'll owe FU more than my Usio credit , so as with Iresa/Octopus situation I'm quids in until they issue final bills:rotfl:

Yes me too - reckon I'll owe them around £20, and I got a £100 referral from Bulb, so I'm more than happy with how this has panned out
  • brewerdave
    Options
    Had the same email - they are going to try to collect £66+ by DD "on or after 12th December".
    Firstly , I left on 28th November ....and since the account data (what there was) has vanished from my FU web page ,they obviously know ,and secondly, they are proposing the same DD as Usio which would have been far too small a payment because they are much more expensive!!
    I've fired off a similar email to FU and will keep an eye on the current account to prevent ANY monies being taken.:)

Have now got a reply from F.U Customer Servs. - they suggest that I should monitor my current account to prevent them trying to set up a DD!!:rotfl:
    Also had a request for a meter read today -but since I've been with the new supplier since 28th Nov. I'll respectfully decline:)
  • beefturnmail
    Options
    Have now got a reply from F.U Customer Servs. - they suggest that I should monitor my current account to prevent them trying to set up a DD!!:rotfl:

Can they even do that? Would have thought it would fail the direct debit guarantee.
  • brewerdave
    Options
    Can they even do that? Would have thought it would fail the direct debit guarantee.

I suppose they could try ,using the details Usio had - not sure how the Bank would know that it wasn't authorised?
  • Posiden
    Posiden Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    So on Monday I submitted another meter reading, as requested, 7 days after my initial meter reading. Ive sent this in via Face book and via FU's own website.
    Ive had no answer from FU but did get an e mail saying a DD for £155 had been blocked by my bank.
    FU didn't tell me they going to bill me via the Usio D/D so I cancelled it ages ago when Usio went bust.
    I did pay Usio £155 just a few days before they went under so I don't even know where that money went or if Im in credit.
    This whole thing has been a complete !!!! up and a waste of my time.
  • Posiden
    Posiden Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    So after providing two meter reading over the last seven days as requested by FU they send me a facebook messenger message to state the following:-

"Thanks for sending that over. We need to agree to a proposed reading for the opening reading, can you confirm this should be 100541 ^Kynan"

Now this figure is the same meter reading that I have been contesting as its about 3000 units over where the meter is at right now!

Had enough of this bunch of idiots and will be looking for another supplier.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure