Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Options
    i would love to know how you managed to get feedback from eon's customer services? my sister has been with eons for many years and not being online, has been happy with paper billing, but many mistakes have been made over the last 12 months and she has made many phone calls to customer services and just been left hanging. i tried their 'chat' facility online today and it was abruptly terminated with no resolution.:(

Hello luv_my_brass and I'm sorry you and your sister have been struggling to talk to us.

What are the mistakes you mention? Has a complaint been raised?

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Bloblik
    Options
    I posted last year on here, at great length - to resolve a problem:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74435512&highlight=bloblik#post74435512

It was resolved that I wait to hear from you - sending me a reminder as to when I should send in my meter reading, 1x quarter is not a quarter, so putting a reminder in my Outlook does not work.

So it was left I trust your system to remind me.
    Many months on it transpires the system has failed to send me a reminder (I confirmed this morning with your call centre) - and so my mum has received an Estimated bill (last week), way past the time she was expecting me to receive a reminder (several weeks beyond what was expected).

I have received an earful from a 91 year old 'fearful' lady, I am stuck in the middle.

After all we went through - how has it happened that the system did not email me a reminder.
    Options
    Bloblik wrote: »
    I posted last year on here, at great length - to resolve a problem:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74435512&highlight=bloblik#post74435512

It was resolved that I wait to hear from you - sending me a reminder as to when I should send in my meter reading, 1x quarter is not a quarter, so putting a reminder in my Outlook does not work.

So it was left I trust your system to remind me.
    Many months on it transpires the system has failed to send me a reminder (I confirmed this morning with your call centre) - and so my mum has received an Estimated bill (last week), way past the time she was expecting me to receive a reminder (several weeks beyond what was expected).

I have received an earful from a 91 year old 'fearful' lady, I am stuck in the middle.

After all we went through - how has it happened that the system did not email me a reminder.

Hello Bloblik and good to hear from you again. Only sorry it's not better news.

Sorry, too, an estimated bill has caused your mum such anxiety. Have you thought about smart meters? These send us readings automatically and take away the need for you to do so. There's no charge to have them fitted and they'll help stop your mum worrying about estimated bills.

You can book an appointment online through our website or by calling one of our smart meter teams (contact details are on our website). There are a variety of appointment slots available including Saturdays to make it easier for you to be there when the meters are fitted. The power will need to be off for about 30 minutes.

To be honest, I don't know why a reminder wasn't sent. I suspect it was a system issue as I know we've had some technical difficulties of late. We'll be happy to rebill the estimate your mum has received straightaway if you let us have up to date readings.

Sorry again we've upset your mum Bloblik and hope this gives you a solution.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Bloblik
    Bloblik Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 February 2019 at 12:48PM
    Options
    Thank you for the reply, yes sorry to be back moaning ... dealing with very senior folk who are unable to use the phone or the internet (and gain the information it can provide) can prove quite challenging, they rely on things being repeatable and reliable and require a high degree of certainty with things - they may also watch too many consumer programs - and get all fearful that bad things will befall them when things stop being certain.

I have suggested the smart meter (I have one and it saves all the effort, silently doing all the meter readings for you) - but again some consumer program has led her top believe that it will all go wrong if she installs one.

Hopefully now EON have updated the internal email reminder setting ... and we can steer the ship back to certainty, the way my mum likes it.

Thanks
    Bloblik.
  • Fred70
    Options
    Hi,
    Is there any way of knowing what tariffs were available at a particular time - trying to do some historical comparisons.

Looking for Eon Tariffs available in mid March 2018.

Thanks,
    Fred
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bloblik wrote: »
    Thank you for the reply, yes sorry to be back moaning ... dealing with very senior folk who are unable to use the phone or the internet (and gain the information it can provide) can prove quite challenging, they rely on things being repeatable and reliable and require a high degree of certainty with things - they may also watch too many consumer programs - and get all fearful that bad things will befall them when things stop being certain.

I have suggested the smart meter (I have one and it saves all the effort, silently doing all the meter readings for you) - but again some consumer program has led her top believe that it will all go wrong if she installs one.

Hopefully now EON have updated the internal email reminder setting ... and we can steer the ship back to certainty, the way my mum likes it.

Thanks
    Bloblik.

You're welcome Bloblik. Happy to help. Totally understand what you're going through as had similar conversations with my elderly mother.

Don't forget about the Real Time Billing I mentioned during our previous chat. It's a good way to head off the uncertainties of estimated bills.

You know where I am if you've any concerns in the future Bloblik.

Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Fred70 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Is there any way of knowing what tariffs were available at a particular time - trying to do some historical comparisons.

Looking for Eon Tariffs available in mid March 2018.

Thanks,
    Fred

Hello Fred and welcome to the Forums.

We had a few tariffs available at this time. If you let me know the tariffs you're interested in and what details you're looking for, I'll be happy to find the information for you.

If you're unsure of the tariff name and can give me some specific details about the product, I'll do my best to track it down.

Thanks Fred.

Malc
  • G.Davies
    G.Davies Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Hi. I, like others have been an Eon customer for some time and now the ridiculous price hike is forcing a move.... Am i correct in thinking that you cannot get a fixed tariff with Eon unless you take a smart meter?, this is how the site appears... anybody else had this observation and is this legal? regards
  • MoneyMate
    MoneyMate Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I found cheaper for me to change from E.ON to MSE tariff E.ON with £25 cashback, please see my above threads.
    There are more questions than answers :shhh: :silenced:
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
    :)
    :A UK Resident :A
    Options
    G.Davies wrote: »
    Hi. I, like others have been an Eon customer for some time and now the ridiculous price hike is forcing a move.... Am i correct in thinking that you cannot get a fixed tariff with Eon unless you take a smart meter?, this is how the site appears... anybody else had this observation and is this legal? regards

Hello G.Davies and thanks for being with us for so long.

Customers moving to tariffs linked to smart meters agree we can talk to them about having these meters. It might not be possible to fit them as they're not available everywhere yet. This won't affect the tariff as they can stay on it even where we're unable to fit smart meters.

Additionally, smart meters are optional and customers can turn them down. At this point, our advisor will talk about the options available at that particular time.

These tariffs are also available to customers who already have smart meters.

Hope this explains G.Davies. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback