Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• OrangeBunny
    Options
    I swapped to E.on via a comparison site at the end of August. After receiving notification that I could set up an online account, they then emailed to say there was an issue with the meter details. I photographed the meter & responded by email with the information they asked for. When I had no reply, no direct debit was taken, & the old supplier continued to charge me. I emailed the information a second time stating I did not wish to wait in a queue since there was clearly an issue with the customer service.
    After waiting a further few weeks with no reply, I telephoned, thinking I was in breach of the contract. The person I spoke to stated they had my details & the same tariff was valid etc, & the account would be active mid-November. However, they did not inform me at any point that they had cancelled the initial contract, which would have allowed me to apply to a more reliable company & still get cashback. I was only notified of the cashback cancellation by the third part comparison site.
    A complaint is in progress, but I wouldn't recommend this company as they're clearly dishonest, as well as having poor customer service.
  • MoneyMate
    MoneyMate Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Been with E.on now for 3 years any problems have always been resolved quickly, through this site MSE great advise and help.
    There are more questions than answers :shhh: :silenced:
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
    :)
    :A UK Resident :A
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I swapped to E.on via a comparison site at the end of August. After receiving notification that I could set up an online account, they then emailed to say there was an issue with the meter details. I photographed the meter & responded by email with the information they asked for. When I had no reply, no direct debit was taken, & the old supplier continued to charge me. I emailed the information a second time stating I did not wish to wait in a queue since there was clearly an issue with the customer service.
    After waiting a further few weeks with no reply, I telephoned, thinking I was in breach of the contract. The person I spoke to stated they had my details & the same tariff was valid etc, & the account would be active mid-November. However, they did not inform me at any point that they had cancelled the initial contract, which would have allowed me to apply to a more reliable company & still get cashback. I was only notified of the cashback cancellation by the third part comparison site.
    A complaint is in progress, but I wouldn't recommend this company as they're clearly dishonest, as well as having poor customer service.

Hello OrangeBunny and I'm sorry about the long wait times on the phone. This is something we're working to improve.

It sounds like there was an issue with the meter details held by the national databases. These independent databases hold the information of electricity and gas meters throughout the country and are used by all suppliers when dealing with a change of supplier. Any discrepancy will cause a switch to fail. Only the existing supplier can arrange for incorrect details to be amended.

Thank you for responding to our email and sending photographs of the meter. These always help. We'll have sent these to the losing supplier so they could let the databases know and arrange for the details to be changed. Once done, we'll have re-applied to take over your supply. This will have delayed the transfer and, as this was outside of your control, we'll have kept you on the requested tariff even if it had subsequently been withdrawn.

Hope this explains OrangeBunny.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    MoneyMate wrote: »
    Been with E.on now for 3 years any problems have always been resolved quickly, through this site MSE great advise and help.

Hello MoneyMate and thanks for staying with us. Glad we've been able to sort issues quickly and to your satisfaction.

Thanks also for taking the time to let us know. It's appreciated by both of us.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • beardiedog
    Options
    Another case of E.on offering an exclusive tariff to customers coming to the end of their fixed tariff but being pulled before it can be taken advantage of.

My brother got an email from them towards the end of last week informing him that he could switch to their latest fixed tariff if he responded before his current deal ended on 26 Feb otherwise he would be moved onto their svt.

He went onto their site but the tariff wasn't there. Online chat said it had already been withdrawn.

The next cheapest is ~£200 more pa than his old tariif, so he's switched.

Why do you do this E.on?
    Options
    beardiedog wrote: »
    Another case of E.on offering an exclusive tariff to customers coming to the end of their fixed tariff but being pulled before it can be taken advantage of.

My brother got an email from them towards the end of last week informing him that he could switch to their latest fixed tariff if he responded before his current deal ended on 26 Feb otherwise he would be moved onto their svt.

He went onto their site but the tariff wasn't there. Online chat said it had already been withdrawn.

The next cheapest is ~£200 more pa than his old tariif, so he's switched.

Why do you do this E.on?

Hello beardiedog and I'm sorry your brother missed out on his chosen tariff.

We review our products all the time and often release/withdraw them relatively quickly. Sometimes the replacement will be more expensive. sometimes cheaper than its predecessor. It depends on the circumstances at the time.

The best way to keep an eye on what's available is through our website or the Price Comparison sites. Customers can switch between our tariffs at any time without picking up exit fees. It's also possible to forward switch to another of our products by up to 52 days in advance. This service is only available through our website and, once locked in, the switch will go through even if the chosen tariff has subsequently been withdrawn.

As well as writing to customers, we also put information about tariffs on bills, statements and annual summaries.

Malc
  • beardiedog
    Options
    Thanks for your standard response.

If you are going to make an offer to existing customers via email then I think you should at least give them a short window of a few days to actually respond to your offer.
    Options
    beardiedog wrote: »
    Thanks for your standard response.

If you are going to make an offer to existing customers via email then I think you should at least give them a short window of a few days to actually respond to your offer.

You're welcome beardiedog. Happy to help.

We do normally give a few days. In recent weeks, 6 days has been about the shortest time a tariff has remained available. Take your point though and will feed this back to our tariff people.

Thanks for your suggestion beardiedog.

Malc
  • BrownGirl
    BrownGirl Posts: 108 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've recently been offered a tarrif which has expired too - I received details on my bill and by email on 5th and 7th Jan of a tariff which said it was the cheapest tariff for me and was only available on Compare the Market. I couldn't see any Eon deals at all on Compare the Market presumably as I'm already with them. I spent a frustrating few days trying to locate it only to finally get a reply from customer services saying it was no longer valid as it was only available in December. I'm happy with Eon and will probably stick with them - they aren't usually too far off the cheapest prices for me and I've not had any problems with the billing - but this was very frustrating and enough to make me seriously look at other options out there since my tariff is due to end soon.
    Options
    BrownGirl wrote: »
    I've recently been offered a tarrif which has expired too - I received details on my bill and by email on 5th and 7th Jan of a tariff which said it was the cheapest tariff for me and was only available on Compare the Market. I couldn't see any Eon deals at all on Compare the Market presumably as I'm already with them. I spent a frustrating few days trying to locate it only to finally get a reply from customer services saying it was no longer valid as it was only available in December. I'm happy with Eon and will probably stick with them - they aren't usually too far off the cheapest prices for me and I've not had any problems with the billing - but this was very frustrating and enough to make me seriously look at other options out there since my tariff is due to end soon.

Hello BrownGirl and I'm sorry you missed out on the tariff you wanted.

The Compare the Market Exclusive 1 and 2 year (December 2018) tariffs were available from 21 December 18 to 8 January 19. They were open to both new and existing customers through the Compare the Market Price Comparison site only.

I do understand the frustration felt by you and beardiedog and will feed your concerns back to the relevant area of the business.

Sorry again you weren't able to go on to this tariff BrownGirl.

Malc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback