MSE News: Octopus Energy to take on Iresa's 90,000 customers - here's what you need to know

Options

Comments

• wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Rosabear wrote: »
    Also waiting for a bill. Switched on 13th.
    I refer you to the answers given previously in this thread.
    Same sitution = same process.
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    Options
    wavelets wrote: »
    I refer you to the lead article.
    Iresa ceased trading in week 3 of July ;)

Octopus Energy who took over your supply from the beginning of August have 6 weeks from the actual switching date (12 Sept) to provide you with a final bill, as I already stated.

Patience. :)

you misunderstand.........from the beginning of august i would have expected 1 bill by now never mind the final bill
  • t0rt0ise
    t0rt0ise Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I don't understand why people are so impatient. Octopus have taken over all of Iresa's customers and it is bound to take time for them to sort out everyone's accounts.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    t0rt0ise wrote: »
    I don't understand why people are so impatient. Octopus have taken over all of Iresa's customers and it is bound to take time for them to sort out everyone's accounts.

MAYBE because every message put out by Octopus stresses how wonderful they are ??:)
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    wavelets wrote: »
    Well that depends how long you are going on holiday for.

Most suppliers send a bill, and typically allow about 14 days to pay. If it's not paid they send a reminder.
    It takes a long time, and multiple duplicated demands ignored before debt collectors are instructed.

Fully aware of that ..my comment re debt collection was tongue in cheek :)

HOWEVER their blogs and emails are full of how wonderful their Customer Services are.......just because they are "allowed" 6 weeks to produce a bill doesn't mean that they should take 6 weeks. Since we had agreed our c/o IRESA balances with them, can't see what's difficult about producing a bill for ~ 6 weeks usage with known start and finish readings!!:rotfl:
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Fully aware of that ..my comment re debt collection was tongue in cheek :)

HOWEVER their blogs and emails are full of how wonderful their Customer Services are.......just because they are "allowed" 6 weeks to produce a bill doesn't mean that they should take 6 weeks. Since we had agreed our c/o IRESA balances with them, can't see what's difficult about producing a bill for ~ 6 weeks usage with known start and finish readings!!:rotfl:

Lots of companies who apparently have much poorer Customer services can manage final bills a lot quicker.
  • martyp
    martyp Posts: 1,047 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 October 2018 at 9:13PM
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    just because they are "allowed" 6 weeks to produce a bill doesn't mean that they should take 6 weeks.

Totally agree, by comparison I switched my gas from Bristol Energy on the 27th August and had my final bill on the 13th September with my credit balance refunded back into my account on the 27th September.

Also, Octopus had no real trouble picking up all the Iresa accounts and setting up online accounts in their system and that would be a greater number of customers being taken on than the number leaving as no doubt a fair proportion of Iresa customers might be staying put.
    I was curious though about this back up fund or whatever it's called by Ofgem for when a supplier goes bust, unsure how that works and if that causes a delay in refunding customers their credit balances?
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Switched to Breeze on the 28th September, I have today received a bill from Octopus for my electricity but nothing for my gas! has anyone else experienced this? thanks
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    katies_mum wrote: »
    Switched to Breeze on the 28th September, I have today received a bill from Octopus for my electricity but nothing for my gas! has anyone else experienced this? thanks

The validation of gas switch readings can take a few days longer - particularly, if there is an IGT involved.
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you for replying, could I please ask what an IGT is?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure