MSE News: Octopus Energy to take on Iresa's 90,000 customers - here's what you need to know

Options

Comments

• martyp
    martyp Posts: 1,047 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It'll be my 6 week anniversary tomorrow switching from Octopus and no final bill or subsequent refund as yet...
    I've had my final bill and refund sooner from other companies which don't get such rave reviews and wonderful feedback. Maybe their feedback is primarily for their speed getting customers on board paying them money...
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,932 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Switched away 12th October and final bill plopped in my inbox tonight. Daughter switched 12th Sept and still waiting.
  • katies_mum
    katies_mum Posts: 2,346 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wonder how they decide who gets a bill and when? I switched on 28th September and got final bill last week!
  • markipad
    markipad Posts: 64 Forumite
    edited 24 October 2018 at 8:35AM
    Options
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,932 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Daughter will owe them £75 when they produce a bill so she is not that bothered how long it takes them.
  • martyp
    Options
    Their site seems to be down at the moment?
  • Caitykinss
    Options
    To save scrolling through many pages of comments, I had a pretty good experience with the transfer process from Iresa to Octopus. Although they got the credit balance wrong on first go, they quickly sorted it. The prices don't seem to me to be too different from others we have been offered so I decided to stick with them for now, but I am yet to receive a bill. Two lots of direct debit payments have come out and are showing on my Octopus account, but they haven't given me a bill or asked for any meter readings. Is anyone else in the same boat?
  • martyp
    Options
    I get the feeling they might have taken on more than they could handle with Iresa as other suppliers they had inherited customers from seemed to be far lower in number
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Back from holiday - and my account is still in stasis some 7 weeks after my supply transferred to USIO (and subsequently onto to First Utility). No bill , no changes - ah well...:rotfl:
  • beardiedog
    beardiedog Posts: 658 Forumite
    edited 25 October 2018 at 12:04PM
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Back from holiday - and my account is still in stasis some 7 weeks after my supply transferred to USIO (and subsequently onto to First Utility). No bill , no changes - ah well...:rotfl:

Got my final bills recently, still waiting for my £66 credit balance to be refunded.

Getting there, albeit very slowly :)

Edit: It's just been refunded... yay :j

Bye bye Octopus
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills