Comments

• Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Torry, I hope you got some sleep last night. :A
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• seven-day-weekend
    Options
    Still thinking of you Torry. What a dreadful time this must be for you. Hope you have some support.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    Thinking of you, Torry. The phrase 'safe in the arms of Jesus' helps me a bit, even though generally I feel that I don't relate to Christianity. Is there a phrase like this you can hold on to? Even if it's something like 'shuffling off this mortal coil' where you can celebrate the fact that nothing can ever hurt Loon again, that he is done with all the problems that being in this world brings, and at peace?
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Really can't cope with neighbour at minute, they had that party from 8pm to past 4am Sunday, every night last week groups of visitors round, barking dog which they leave alone, woken this morning on my 1 day off this week at 8.40am by screaming kids running around then the "babysitter" speaking at shouting volume and laughing, then they go out at 1pm and leave dog pacing about and knocking over furniture.

The stress got so bad that yesterday when I went to friends house I was given abuse by some teenagers and normally just ignoring it I shouted back at the kids and walked up to them whcih made them call their friends for backup but I still didnt' back down and the teenagers ran off.
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Just popping in quickly, we are back home but things are chaotic here with boxes and bags everywhere. I need to sort through them all but I am being hampered by a torn cartilage in my knee. It is the oddest injury ever, one minute I am walking and it aches a little, the next it just gives way and I am on the floor. It is an 8 week healing time which is frustrating, all I did was trip up a stair in the hotel!

Hugs and warm handshakes to all and a special, gentle hug to Torry, you have been much in my thoughts my friend.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Thinking of you, Torry. The phrase 'safe in the arms of Jesus' helps me a bit, even though generally I feel that I don't relate to Christianity. Is there a phrase like this you can hold on to? Even if it's something like 'shuffling off this mortal coil' where you can celebrate the fact that nothing can ever hurt Loon again, that he is done with all the problems that being in this world brings, and at peace?
    Even though I'm a believer I'm just too angry with God at the moment.

Just popping in quickly, we are back home but things are chaotic here with boxes and bags everywhere. I need to sort through them all but I am being hampered by a torn cartilage in my knee. It is the oddest injury ever, one minute I am walking and it aches a little, the next it just gives way and I am on the floor. It is an 8 week healing time which is frustrating, all I did was trip up a stair in the hotel!

Hugs and warm handshakes to all and a special, gentle hug to Torry, you have been much in my thoughts my friend.

I'm a total mess. Crying and howling most of the time. I don't have the resources to do anything. Well meaning people keep telling me I need to have structure and do things but how can I?
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

I can understand this, my grandparents were very religious,always went to church, helped out there etc. When my gradand died i was angry with god too. I couldn;t understand why he;d taken my grandad away when he did everything he was supposed to do. Even my nan i;d say lost some faith when he passed.

I'm so sorry that you're hurting so much right now. I wish i could take that pain away. Is there anything in particular you could distract yourself with? any hobbies or interests? You probably wont feel like doing anything, but if theres anything you can do to distract you it may help in the sort term. You;ve said you've called samaratians, if it helped before would it help to call again? I'm sure they won;t mind at all and it might help to talka bout how you're feeling? Sorry if none of this is helpful x
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Torry, it is too early to structure anything right now, please only do what you feel capable of. People mean well and want to see you feeling better but there is no timeline for the devastation of grief. You don't have to do anymore than basic functioning right now which is eating when you can and drinking water. If you can manage to drink and have a light meal a day you have done enough. Everything else can wait.

Scream and cry as much as you want to, this is your pain, not anyone elses and you get to choose how you express that. You will feel many different things over the coming weeks and all are ok, be gentle with yourself and give yourself time to feel without any pressure to do what others think you should do.

We are all here for you, please post as much as you need. My heart truly goes out to you and if any of us can help in any way just ask. I know you feel alone but as much as we can be we are with you my friend.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I can understand this, my grandparents were very religious,always went to church, helped out there etc. When my gradand died i was angry with god too. I couldn;t understand why he;d taken my grandad away when he did everything he was supposed to do. Even my nan i;d say lost some faith when he passed.

I'm so sorry that you're hurting so much right now. I wish i could take that pain away. Is there anything in particular you could distract yourself with? any hobbies or interests? You probably wont feel like doing anything, but if theres anything you can do to distract you it may help in the sort term. You;ve said you've called samaratians, if it helped before would it help to call again? I'm sure they won;t mind at all and it might help to talka bout how you're feeling? Sorry if none of this is helpful x
    It's fine thanks. That's how it feels, he was so faithful throughout his illness that this feels like a punishment from God.
    Torry, it is too early to structure anything right now, please only do what you feel capable of. People mean well and want to see you feeling better but there is no timeline for the devastation of grief. You don't have to do anymore than basic functioning right now which is eating when you can and drinking water. If you can manage to drink and have a light meal a day you have done enough. Everything else can wait.

Scream and cry as much as you want to, this is your pain, not anyone elses and you get to choose how you express that. You will feel many different things over the coming weeks and all are ok, be gentle with yourself and give yourself time to feel without any pressure to do what others think you should do.

We are all here for you, please post as much as you need. My heart truly goes out to you and if any of us can help in any way just ask. I know you feel alone but as much as we can be we are with you my friend.

I feel that getting dressed is a major achievement. Anything else is too much.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

I'm a total mess. Crying and howling most of the time. I don't have the resources to do anything. Well meaning people keep telling me I need to have structure and do things but how can I?
    It's fine thanks. That's how it feels, he was so faithful throughout his illness that this feels like a punishment from God.

I feel that getting dressed is a major achievement. Anything else is too much.

Torry, I agree with WaS; it's far to early to be forcing yourself to get structure in your life.
    It might take weeks, it might take months. Only you will know when.

Of course you won't have the mental or physical energy to do much more than get up in the morning, but if you do that, then that's a major achievement.
    If you get dressed as well, then that's another achievement, and if you can manage to get up, get washed, and get dressed, then you're a bluddy marvel, that's all I can say!

This limbo, when the funeral is over, and people have gone home, is probably the worst time time ever.
    You're probably feeling exhausted, and maybe also just numb.

I hope you're getting some sleep, and do try to eat something every day, even if it's just toast with a piece of cheese and an apple.

Do you have food in the house? If not, and you don't want to go to the shops, then you could get some stuff delivered

If you want to stay snuggled under a duvet on the sofa, then do just that. You're broken and you need to mend, but that will take time.

And don't be afraid to smash a few plates if you want to. You are allowed.
    Wanton destruction (of one's own stuff, I hasten to add) can be good for letting the anger out.
    Smash, smash, smash.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure