Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• Amberkitten5
    Options
    ((((((Torry Quine)))))) Thinking of you.
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Hi all! :)

Hope everyone is well, special hugs for our friend Torry. I hope yesterday wasn't too horrific for you, you were in my thoughts.

Also so glad everything is fine Pyxis! That must have been very scary.

We are gradually getting the flat sorted out, it is nice to be back but not nice living in a flat full of boxes! There is only so much we can do because in a months time the bedroom ceiling needs to be plastered once it has settled so they need an empty room again, argh! We won't have to move out for that and once it is done we can start putting everything back in there.

My knee has stopped giving way but it is still very painful, it takes 2 minutes of mental negotiation to try to avoid pain everytime I want to stand up. It is just a question of putting up with it until new cartilage grows.

Mentally I am in blocking mode, not thinking of anything of too deeply and blocking bad thoughts as quickly as I can. I am having nightmares every night though so I know things aren't good. My doctor told me to introduce an afternoon dose of anti-psychotic when all of this started to try to keep me calmer, I will come off it again once things are more settled.

Hugs and warm handshakes to all who want them, I shall be in and out.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Yesterday was hard, not helped by the awful weather. My emotions are still all over the place. Sleep not good and I'm constantly exhausted.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Glad to see you back WaS :) glad the flat is getting sorted, sorry about your knee, hopefully that gets better

Tprry i hope you're holding up ok, hpw you feel is normal and to be expected, doesn;t make it any easier to deal with i know. Just take each day at a time and you'll get there.

I'm feeling up. Have been for a few weeks. I stopped taking my anti depresent in january as i need to lose weight and both that and the mood stabliser cause weight gain so it seemed the lesser of two evils to cut that one out, but i;ve been up ever since whihc is weird cos if it wasmy anto depresent making me hyper it can;t be cos i' not taking it. have a doctors appointment next week (and my next butterfly tattoo....why am i always manic when i get tattoos? :j ) so will dscuss that and the million other things. i need to reapply for my driving licence by filling in medical forms but need doc to know that so when they are aksed they can respond, if they turn me down i can get my bus pass back and save the £23 a week and in two years have enough to move in with swain. i had a massive meltdown the other week when i started feeling like i anted to askmy doctor for a hystorecomy as i really do not want kids and dont want to ever be in that situation but its massive thing to go through and although i'm 100% i dont want kids now will i change my miind in 5 years or something i don;t know its not something i should probably decided when my moodis up. works going ok, been on contract hours but i;ve been sneaky this week and bagged myself an extra 2 hours work. although im up i can deal with it, just means i clean the whole shop in 10 mins not 30 :p my heads racing. ive gone a week with no booze (ive been at swains all week) and nteend to keep going. quit smoking and back on my ecig. tried to weigh myself today but the stupid machine was put of order. everytime i lose a poud im putting a pound in my hello kitty piggy bank. might as well save the £'s whilst i lose LBs. sorry very talkative. apologies i didn;t paragraph the thing. pesky paragraphs.
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Got my sleep apnoea kit the other day, if anything at this point its making my sleep worse as I am concious of turning over and knocking it and the tube isn't exactly long and due to my allergies the air hitting the difficult nostril gives me a stuffy nose feeling and the mask barely fits so if I take a big gulp I get this massive burst of air that inflates my mouth.

Saying that though, whilst I am still tired/exhausted my stress is lower as I don't get the painful chest and the extra oxygen in my lungs means I can't drink soft drinks as the gas makes my lungs feel overfull
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Hope you are now managing to get some sleep Deka and the neighbours aren't being pains in the behind.

MU, you know you can always talk here as much as you want! Hope the doctors appointment goes ok and you enjoy getting your tattoo!

Thinking of you, Torry.

My knee started giving way again so I am back to spending most of the day with it elevated. I got excited because it stopped and started walking around as normal which was obviously a mistake. It is frustrating to say the least.

I have a month left on the extra dose of anti-psychotic and then I will gradually cut back the afternoon dose until it is gone. Panicking a bit in case things go bad but it is not good for me be on the current high dosage for long, especially as it is a very old pill with horrid side effects with long term us. Forgetful is an understatement since they increased it, I am not safe to boil a kettle of water.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry your knee is frustrating you WaS, hope the withdrawal from your anti psychotic goes ok, they are a pain to come off from previous experience.

Got my tattoo today! I love it, 3 years self harm free! :j got doctors tomorrow morning, i;ve been having up periods but also down ones, my mood seems to be changing day by day. This can;t be normal. Usually episodes last weeks/months but i've been going up and down over days and don;t know what mood i will be in when i wake up. had a few down days but am now back up. no idea f the doctor will do anything. i dont feel my mood stabiliser is working and want to try another that has proven to help weight loss but no idea of doctor can change me to that or if i need to see a psych which is a battle in itself as i dont meet the mental health team criteria (well not unless my mood crashes in the next 24hrs and i end up suicidal). Lost 2lbs this week so something is working but i'm cold and tired all the time and i think i need my thyroid testing again. somrthing i need to ask about though last time i was borderline and they fobbed me off.
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    Just a quick post to send hugs to anyone who needs them.
    Special thoughts and squishes to Torry and the cat.
    Gentle massage to WaS's knee.
    And love to ALL!!! xxxx
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    The last few days have been hard. Church didn't go well. I spent much of the time sobbing in the toilet. The cat was eating very little so I got something different and she seems to be eating better. Every day seems to bring another official letter that needs dealing with.

WaS hope your knee gets better soon.
    Measurements up. We'll done
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Torry, have you heard of the Tell Us Once service? It won't stop all the letters from banks or whatever, but should let all the relevant government departments know about the circumstances rather than have to do them all
    one by one.

MU - sounds like you might be rapid cycling. Probably worth discussing with the GP to talk about options. Well done on the three year anniversary, that's great news.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback