Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    That's right. Many are shocked and saddened at his death. Doesn't seem to be of help though.

Maybe not now, but I think it might be a comfort in the future.

I don't expect anything helps at the moment.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Torry, I am thinking of you and sending you virtual hugs many times a day. Hope the pain does not become unbearable.

Lovely to see you posting again more, WaS.

I finally plucked up the courage to tell DH that I really want to be a stay at home mum to littlewing for two or three years. I honestly thought he would have a panic attack, but actually he was fine and thinks it will help me. I thought I'd have to sell the idea to him but he is totally agreeable. Now I have to stop myself panicking at the idea. It won't be for a while yet anyway. It would be the first major life change since I actually got my mh diagnosis properly.

In other news, I got my Easter eggs (buy two, get two free in Tesco) so I am feeling organised.

My neighbour-down-the-road told me the other day that she is schizophrenic and hears voices. I am so glad for this thread because I didn't clam up! I was surprised though - it wasn't gently lead into, just blurted.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    What a lovely idea whitewing! I am sure both you and littlewing will benefit from the time together. So glad DH was onboard.

I kind of know how your neighbour feels, I used to blurt to people that I was schizophrenic too, usually very early on in knowing people which meant they often ran away. It can feel like such a big stumbling block when considering a friendship that I just wanted to get it out of the way as fast as possible. I have gone the opposite way now and hardly tell anyone, that isn't necessarily any better because if I am acting a bit weird people have no idea why. I am so glad the thread helped you with the situation.

Thinking of you Torry ((((Torry))))

I have given up sorting through stuff until Monday, I plan on 3 days with my knee elevated and not much else. It is the oddest thing. I can feel it move around and give way but it is from the back of my knee, not the front. From Monday I also start reducing the afternoon dose of anti-psychotic back down to zero which I am torn about. The extra dose keeps me a state of feeling half-asleep so I don't think about anything really, but on the other hand the side effect of involuntary movements is far worse, I can't sit still without raising my arms or twisting my legs at all. I need to reduce the dose before that becomes permanent so I need to bite the bullet and get on with it.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I had to go to a new dentist today as very difficult to get to old one without transport. Wasn't easy. I managed to wash the floor where the cat's tray site and clean the tray itself. She's eating better as I was getting concerned about her.

Lots of crying again today even watching the ice skating as the piece of music brought up memory
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I had to go to a new dentist today as very difficult to get to old one without transport. Wasn't easy. I managed to wash the floor where the cat's tray site and clean the tray itself. She's eating better as I was getting concerned about her.

Lots of crying again today even watching the ice skating as the piece of music brought up memory

((((((((Torry))))))))
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon my lovelies,

Massive hugs, handshakes and squishes all round even if you don't need them.

Sorry to hear that people are struggling. Its not easy or nice.

Torry I get the whole thing. My husband at the time. Almost died due to a stroke and was left disabled. I was left with the question everyday why? What did we do wrong to deserve this. Not fair. In the end you have to accept it and move on as other wise you won't be able to get on with your life. I know its still early days for you. So you will keep running through emotions everyday. Not sure how you feel about counseling. Its somewhere safe to talk about what your worries and how you feel.

AM and myself have both been side swiped by viruses. Poor AM has been off work since the 15th Feb. Even had to antibiotics as the in the end the infection went it his gums. Not helped by not having been to the dentist for 15 years!!! don't worry once he is better that will be remedied. I have swollen face but just on one side :rotfl:

Have a dumb question about AM's sick note. Its dated the 21st wednesday and is for 7 days. He should be well enough to go back to work next week. But we are not sure if wednesday or thursday is his first day back.

We have a bright and blowy day here so going to put some washing out to try.

Everyone take care

Yours

Calley X
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    calleyw wrote: »
    Have a dumb question about AM's sick note. Its dated the 21st wednesday and is for 7 days. He should be well enough to go back to work next week. But we are not sure if wednesday or thursday is his first day back.

I would've thought it would be Wednesday, that's the way my work would take it anyway.

Big hugs to everyone and I hope that any poorlies are feeling better soon.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Izadora wrote: »
    I would've thought it would be Wednesday, that's the way my work would take it anyway.

Big hugs to everyone and I hope that any poorlies are feeling better soon.

In a moment of clarity from the virus. Both AM and I came to the same conclusion.

I am not that clever normally but when I have virus brain not a chance :rotfl:

I went to take my ex food shopping this morning. We needed to run some errands each and stopped off to have a coffee. Then off to shopping and back home. I am wiped out. Have only eaten a few yoghurts or bowl of cereal the last 5 days. So could be due to that feeling weak.

Good diet as I have lost about 7lbs and AM has lost close to stone. Not recommended as due to other commitments that AM could not do £80 down the drain as well.

Oh well upwards and onwards.

Everyone take care in this weather. Its cold keep as warm as you can.

Yours

Calley X
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My sleep aponea kit seems to be giving me the opposite than intended effect, making me dizzy the only positive is that because is as a side effect its making me sleep less hours and brain to want to wake up rather than just instantly drop off (but negative again is rather than instant sleep when I go to bed its 30-60 minutes to drop off)

Its my day off today and I didn't have a good nights sleep and had to wake early, shame it was ruined by neighbour upstairs having a barking dog and friends turning up even if it was only for 30 minutes and its snowing outside so hard to go anywhere.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Feeling utterly and completely paranoid and on edge. Got a letter from tax credts asking if i should be claiming as s couple. I don;t think i should be as a)we don;t live together, i pay rent here, he pays board at home, i pay nthing to his parents for staying there. 2) yes i do stay over a few days a week but if i was at mine 24/7 my mental illness would be much worse and i need a few days break from being here otherwise i'd be dead. 3)i do give him money now and then but its money i owe him and he treats my debt the same as a his friends, ie i pay it back

I feel like people are watching me now. I feel like i can;t stay at his. I feel like they are going to ake out we should claim as a couple and i;m going to lose everything and not be able to cope. I havent felt paranoia this bad since i though old people were spying on me for the government. i feel too scared to stay at his in case there are people spying on me who will use it against me. whats the point? if i can;t even see him whats the !!!!ing point. i give up. :(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback