Flight delay compensation, all other EU airlines

Options

Comments

• Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sarahj237 wrote: »
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone can tell me the likelihood of getting overnight accommodation reimbursed when the flight was cancelled because of a bird strike? I feel we should be compensated because Easyjet didn't meet many of the regulatory requirements regarding passenger care even though the reason for the cancellation was out of their control. They didn't provide refreshments vouchers that evening, didn't care for passengers with limited mobility etc. etc.
    Many thanks

Hi,

They should look after you no-matter-what, the reason doesn't really matter. They have a duty of care for all their passengers and when things go wrong they must ensure you are looked after.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Oldrocker
    Oldrocker Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, we were delayed by 5 hours on a flight with Smart Wings, the holiday was with First Choice. I emailed the flight delay department for First Choice 29 days ago but have not had a reply. I messaged First Choice on social media but they said wouldn't hear anything for 56 days or more. I wish i had used the claim process on MSE but thought I'd email them first. Question is should I now just ignore the fact I've sent email and go through the claim on MSE? Or would this just complicate things? Your thoughts would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Personally I'd chase up on the phone first. Have you not even recieved a confirmation that your message has been received at their end?
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why did you contact First Choice and not the airline? as it's the airline you claim compensation from.
  • Oldrocker
    Options
    jpsartre wrote: »
    Personally I'd chase up on the phone first. Have you not even recieved a confirmation that your message has been received at their end?

No confirmation email and when I asked First choice they said they do not send confirmation emails. also could take 56 days or more.
  • Oldrocker
    Options
    Why did you contact First Choice and not the airline? as it's the airline you claim compensation from.

Hi thanks for your reply. The holiday was booked through First Choice, they supplied the flights as a package therefore I thought I should contact them first.

First Choice have their own Flight delay department.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,552 Forumite
    Options
    Oldrocker wrote: »
    Hi thanks for your reply. The holiday was booked through First Choice, they supplied the flights as a package therefore I thought I should contact them first.

EU261 claims are against the operating airline of the delayed/cancelled flight so your claim should be against Smart Wings (I expect that will be the eventual response from First Choice)
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    EU261 claims are against the operating airline of the delayed/cancelled flight so your claim should be against Smart Wings (I expect that will be the eventual response from First Choice)

I am waiting for a response from Brussels Airlines after our flight was cancelled, no reason given so I suspect we were bumped.

As the flight was part of a package, I am wondering what the method of compensation will be.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • Singh23
    Singh23 Posts: 46 Forumite
    edited 10 July 2018 at 11:48AM
    Options
    Booked a flight from LGW to BCN on 19/02/18 through Expedia.

Date of Change - Departure Time (Flight Number)
    19/02/18 - 14:40 (7827)
    11/04/18 - 15:25 (7827) - Notified by email & changed by airline
    11/04/18 - 14:10 (????) - Changed by me
    ??/??/18 - 16:05 (7829) - No notification email from airline

Am I due any recourse? BA (Vueling's parent company) describes a significant delay as 2 hours+. My delay is 1h55m.

An airline rep over the phone said the most recent change has kept the same flight number. I'm not sure and I have no way to verify this.

Additionally, I did not receive any notification from the airline about the most recent change. According to the MSE article, "The CAA says airlines should always tell passengers at least 14 days in advance."
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    edited 10 July 2018 at 12:51PM
    Options
    Singh23 wrote: »
    Am I due any recourse?

When is your flight and what sort of recourse are you looking for? Changing your flight, cancelling, compensation, something else? If the flight has been cancelled you are entitled to a refund or a change to a different flight, if it has merely been schedule changed you need to check Vueling's T&C. The 2 hour limit is fairly standard for refunds although many airlines are happy to move you to a different flight if requested. In general, delay compensation under EU261 only kicks in for delays over 3 hours.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback