PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Im making that chilli tonight, I need to get the mince out the freezer at lunch time, I think I better set an alarm as I will forget, with garlic bread and maybe a small amount of rice, im having sandwich thins at lunch, im not sure how I feel about these, they are brown which I like but im on the fence. :money:
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Basic Thai green chicken curry, rice or noodles for DH, Courgette noodles for me
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Life and meals is all a bit random at the moment, this time next week I'll hopefully be standing in my new kitchen but my home won't be arriving until the next day!

Beans on toast for lunch today and a pie, roast potatoes, peas and gravy (freezer emptying) for supper.

Going to be some interesting days as we find what's left in the freezer...
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Life and meals is all a bit random at the moment, this time next week I'll hopefully be standing in my new kitchen but my home won't be arriving until the next day!

Beans on toast for lunch today and a pie, roast potatoes, peas and gravy (freezer emptying) for supper.

Going to be some interesting days as we find what's left in the freezer...

Reminds me of that old advert - Choc Ice and chips :rotfl:
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    We did that yesterday! no more chips and we're out of choc Ices too...sad!
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have just made a slightly random supper, just to use up some odds and ends. I have cooked a handful of penne pasta with some finely chopped broccoli florets, mixed it with some fried chopped onion, red chilli and mushroom, and then mixed the whole lot in a white sauce to which I added a dollop of mascarpone and a cubed boneless salmon fillet. The whole dish is currently baking in the oven and looks quite appetising!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    A sauce to use up things in through fridge! Tomatoes, celery, beef, peppers etc. With penne.
  • dangerbadger
    Options
    I made some refried beans today, and couldn't decide quite what I wanted to do with them, so ended up just dolloping some on my plate and having them with salad.

As I'm trying to empty the fridge before going on holiday, I have had the same again tonight. The teenager ate some frozen things that have limited nutritional value, but I do not feel like having yet another argument about vegetables tonight.
  • Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Options
    Made a long simmered stock with yesterday’s chicken carcass. Used as a base for a chicken noodle soup.

Wonderfully simple, healthy and delicious and all for not much money!

Recipe from broth to bowl by Drew Smith Pg. 74
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    Tonight we had roast leg of pork, roast potatoes, carrots, savoy cabbage, hm yorkies, stuffing, green beans from the garden and gravy. There's some pork left for a stir fry later in the week.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback