PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Friday I was on my own, so egg, actifry chips and tomato sauce.
    Saturday son was home so a bit of a mezze with pitta bread, vine leaves, halloumi, tabouleh, Greek salad, and various dips. Nice for a change.
    Sunday, one had leftovers, two had ravioli, one had chicken and veg.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,924 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Last night we had roast lamb with dauphinoise potatoes, brussels, carrots, peas and gravy. Tonight we're having scallop & chorizo linguine.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I have eaten out all weekend, what a piglet! :rotfl:
    Last night baked spuds and sausages sweetcorn – random throw together
    Got a baked tat for lunch
    Tonight im going to meal plan for the rest of the week – must be good
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Strange coupe of days worth of eating and not in a good way as I have mostly been out.

Looks like I need to be in Tokyo by the end of the year so wanted to pick up an everyday Japanese cookbook and this one jumped out at me.... Cibi: Simple Japanese-Inspired Meals to Share With Family and Friends by Meg Tanaka and Zenta Tanaka.

Have not quite decided what to do from it but have some Miso paste & Sunday afternoon vegetables to use up.

Ohhh, Tokyo is amazing - would this be a brief visit or a prem move?

Last night was ... a Dairylea sandwich :o OH was away and I didn't fancy anything else.

Sat I met a friend for lunch, had sausages and mash at a local pub and they did not scrimp on the portions :eek: I actually felt rather sick later that evening and think I was still full yesterday from it. Still I guess if a meal out covers 2 days, that's :money: :rotfl:
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Still using up the pre-made "mush" meals from freezers, Seldom make with basic ingredients, really fancy some chops etc but not back to full fitness yet so having to live off stocks. Not always fancying what is in freezer but also using up some of the dried and tinned foods too, glad I bought and cooked plenty in advance of operation. Have actually been out for lunch for the first time in 6 weeks, may be able to go again this week, cannot wait until I can drive again and can go out to buy some new foods in.
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yesterday was roast pork with crackling, apple sauce, roast potatoes, cabbage, carrots and gravy. Tonight some of the leftover pork will be added to a barbecue sauce to make sloppy pulled pork baps for supper, with salad and coleslaw.

I made a massive vanilla cheesecake yesterday which will last for several days' puds.
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    As the day goes on I really fancy what Davina put on her Instagram yesterday the carrots looked amazinggggggggggggggg
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Chilli and nachoes as I am tired and CBA with anything fancy :D
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • berries
    berries Posts: 133 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm trying out slow cook sticking chicken thighs with rice and vegetables. Hopefully it will turn out nice . Then need to do meal plan
    1 /10 nsd 😀
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    Have been unwell for ten days or so with a chest and kidney infection - at last I am finally feeling well enough to cook and eat so last night we had sirloin steak, baby crushed potatoes, roasted mini toms, garlic mushrooms, onion rings and peas, with peppercorn sauce.... was lovely.

Tonight we're having chicken in a creamy mushroom and leek sauce (from the freezer) with parmentier potatoes and some tenderstem broccoli.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback