Budgeting loan delays.

After sending in the 1st form I had to sign to accept loan after almost 3 weeks they have not got it yet there seems to be delays with them getting these forms back.

So who is to blame Royal mail or DWP?

Has anyone else had to wait weeks to get there loan paid or had forms lost?

Comments

• Remember they will more than likely have backlogs as per usual and that you can wait anywhere up to 20 working days once they RECEIVE the completed form accepting the loan they have offered, which means anywhere up to four weeks.

"Allow 20 working days before phoning if you return your form by post (it may not have been processed before then)." Source gov.uk
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,932 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    After sending in the 1st form

For future reference you can now apply online. https://www.gov.uk/budgeting-help-benefits/how-to-apply

Last time i applied online, i received the form to sign about 7 days later. Then about 2 weeks for payment into my bank.
  • Nicky48
    Nicky48 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Hi I'm having the same problem as you I sent my acceptance letter back on the 25th June not heard back so need to call Monday because its 14 days to see if they have it or get it sent out again. I'm hoping because it's for rent in advance.
  • If you read the gov website it’s actually 20 working days after they receive the acceptance.

You sent it back 25th June. It would of only got to them maybe the week beginning 1st July as it goes through the processing centre first.

Then the 20 working days kicks in, so you have weeks to potentially go yet.
  • Nicky48
    I don't have weeks I've sent in the acceptance offer loan form which you have to send in within 14 days from the date on the letter 24 June. I've had a few loans from them.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,932 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Nicky48 wrote: »
    I don't have weeks I've sent in the acceptance offer loan form which you have to send in within 14 days from the date on the letter 24 June. I've had a few loans from them.
    That's only 9 working days and usually it takes longer than that because it takes 3-4 working days to go into your bank from the time it's paid to you. They wouldn't have received the form that quickly.
  • Nicky48
    My last loan I sent in my loan acceptance offer letter on the 4th June, I got a letter from dwp on the 13th June telling me when I will be paid and my money went in on the 18th June.
  • Yes no one is stating it doesn’t happen.

But the gov website states 20 working days from receiving the form.

That’s because sometimes it can take that long.

There’s no point you saying you don’t have weeks to wait, that’s not your decision.
  • Nicky48
    It's not 20 working days from the offer acceptance form, I already have been offered a loan so the decision has been made. Its 14 days so stop quoting the gov. UK website I have a letter saying 14 days to accept.
  • Yes 14 days for you to return the form and accept.

That’s different to then receiving it and releasing the money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure