Budgeting loan delays.

Options

Comments

• AS2468
    Options
    Looking to see if anyone can help guess when I may get my budgeting loan.
    Applied on the 11th November
    Got my letter back on the 23rd November
    Signed form and posted back same day using their prepaid envelope they give you with it.
    So any guesses when I may receive payment ?
    Hopefully before Christmas 🤞
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,988 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    AS2468 wrote: »
    Looking to see if anyone can help guess when I may get my budgeting loan.
    Applied on the 11th November
    Got my letter back on the 23rd November
    Signed form and posted back same day using their prepaid envelope they give you with it.
    So any guesses when I may receive payment ?
    Hopefully before Christmas 🤞
    I'm assuming you didn't read the whole thread? It's about 21 working days after returning the form.
  • AS2468
    Options
    Thank you poppy12345 for you very helpful answer. Obviously I have read through all the comments but I was just wondering from people's experiences if it was 21 days or if others have found it to be longer.
  • Kimberley1234
    Options
    I sent my acceptance letter back on the 21/11/19. I haven't heard any thing back so rung on friday and spoke to a lady after a hour waiting to get through and she told me she could do the payment over the phone. She took my bank details and had to agreed while being recorded and she said it would go into the bank on Wednesday. Just wondering if any one else has heard of this.

Thanks
    Kim
  • AS2468
    Options
    I sent my acceptance letter back on the 21/11/19. I haven't heard any thing back so rung on friday and spoke to a lady after a hour waiting to get through and she told me she could do the payment over the phone. She took my bank details and had to agreed while being recorded and she said it would go into the bank on Wednesday. Just wondering if any one else has heard of this.

Thanks
    Kim
    Thank you so much for your reply Kimberley. I gave them a call, after 1 hour on hold I got through. They hadn't received my acceptance letter yet but they done a payment over the phone and can expect it in the bank on Thursday
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Remember it’s 21 working days not just 21 days.

I have known them to process the payment over the telephone before, usually once they receive the acceptance and it’s scanned onto their system you wait in a queue for someone to process the payment.

If you ring they usually do it there on the telephone for you.
  • UKTigerlily
    UKTigerlily Posts: 4,702 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I sent mine back on 22nd, so i'll give them a call tomorrow & hope for the best!
  • Vicxx
    Options
    Hi everyone. I’ve just spoken to a man from the dwp about my budget Loan. He told me they have that much of a back log he can’t see people getting the money before Christmas. not unless they ring the number on the top of the letter and they will automatically do it while your on the phone. I waited on hold for 1 hour but the money will be in my account Friday. Hope this helps. He also stated it doesn’t actually matter when you sent your acceptance letter back. It’s worth ringing ASAP as I know a lot of people will be relying on this money for Christmas. X
  • UKTigerlily
    UKTigerlily Posts: 4,702 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Vicxx wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I’ve just spoken to a man from the dwp about my budget Loan. He told me they have that much of a back log he can’t see people getting the money before Christmas. not unless they ring the number on the top of the letter and they will automatically do it while your on the phone. I waited on hold for 1 hour but the money will be in my account Friday. Hope this helps. He also stated it doesn’t actually matter when you sent your acceptance letter back. It’s worth ringing ASAP as I know a lot of people will be relying on this money for Christmas. X

I can confirm this; I just called up & had a 59 minute wait, the guy said they just received it back yesterday (sent 22nd) & he has paid it in, it will credit on Friday also. Well worth a call x
  • Loopykou
    Options
    Hi all. I sent my acceptance form of on the 30th November (a Saturday). Haven’t heard anything since. After reading here that people have phoned before the 20 working days I called them. They have still not received my letter but are aware there is a large delay and are only just receiving the acceptances posted mid November. The lady told me on the phone this morning , that she will process my payment over the phone. She read the declaration out to me the same one you sign and I had to agree. Money will be in my bank on Friday!

She also told me this is a one off and they won’t do it in the future etc and in the future you have to wait the 3 weeks before calling but these are temporary measures they put in place due to the huge amount of delays and issues they are having

Anyone waiting a payment and want to before Christmas I would phone ASAP. You do have to hold for ages I was 30 minutes but seen some are up to a hour
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure