Budgeting loan delays.

Options

Comments

• Sncjw
    Sncjw Posts: 3,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So you have had a loan recently and your applying for another one.

I would get yourself on debt free wannabe page to see where you can cut costs. Sounds like a start of a problem. Nip it in the bud before it gets too bad
    Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,988 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sncjw wrote: »
    So you have had a loan recently and your applying for another one.

I would get yourself on debt free wannabe page to see where you can cut costs. Sounds like a start of a problem. Nip it in the bud before it gets too bad
    who has? Not sure who your comment is aimed at.
  • Robbie64
    Robbie64 Posts: 1,943 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A friend of mine applied for a Budgeting Loan a few weeks ago, got back the agreement to sign, received a text to say the money would be in the bank... and nothing turned up. He phoned them up and upon checking they realised the funds hadn't been released. He receieved an apology and now has the money. But all this happened in the past few weeks.

I'm guessing it's a combination of staff shortages and a backlog of work. My friend said he also spent ages getting through to the Social Fund on the phone. Though that seems to be the norm for every part of the DWP at the moment. I'm not 100% sure where Budgeting Loans are dealt with now but until recently it was the DWP office in Wembley for my part of the country (I believe the other two Social Fund offices for the UK are / were in Chesterfield and Birmingham). Although there is no direct address in use any longer (it has to be sent via the Wolverhampton sort centre) the local JobCentre do or did have a direct line to the Social Fund office to fax through any documents including replacement forms.
  • pops07
    Options
    Sorry about the necropost but I just wanted to add something. I applied for a loan on 2/09/19 and never received any correspondence bar the text to say they had received my application, and to wait 20 days before contacting them. After a month of waiting I tried to phone them multiple times but was unable to get through even after being on hold for 2 hours.

I had all but given up when on 5/11/19 the letter came through the door, so I signed it, and mailed it and sent it back 1st class to try and speed things. Its now 18/11/19 and my benefit day has been and gone and no sign of the loan. I don't really know what is taking so long, nor do I know how to resolve this as there is no way of getting through to them via the phone lines.
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Options
    pops07 wrote: »
    Sorry about the necropost but I just wanted to add something. I applied for a loan on 2/09/19 and never received any correspondence bar the text to say they had received my application, and to wait 20 days before contacting them. After a month of waiting I tried to phone them multiple times but was unable to get through even after being on hold for 2 hours.

I had all but given up when on 5/11/19 the letter came through the door, so I signed it, and mailed it and sent it back 1st class to try and speed things. Its now 18/11/19 and my benefit day has been and gone and no sign of the loan. I don't really know what is taking so long, nor do I know how to resolve this as there is no way of getting through to them via the phone lines.

Have you tried phoning first thing in the morning as soon as the lines open?
  • rich_shot2003
    Options

I sent back signed form to them on Nov 4th and not had a text or money yet so would think they are busy with Christmas coming up.

I have been holding off calling them as it's a nightmare getting hold of them so will give it till next Monday then will call them if not heard from them.

I also think a big part of the problem is Royal mail as they are the ones who opens DWP mail.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,988 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    my benefit day has been and gone and no sign of the loan.
    It can be paid in any day of the week and it's usually a separate payment to your usual fortnightly money.
  • if you posted the form back which you signed on 5th Nov, let’s say they did get it the next day the 6th, you need to allow 15 working days so that brings you to the 27th.

No point phoning again until that date has passed.
  • pops07
    Options
    Have you tried phoning first thing in the morning as soon as the lines open?

Yes tried all times of the day, maybe I am just unlucky. Some people have mentioned it has got worse since it became a freephone number.
  • lunaloomer
    Options
    I sent off my acceptance form on the 2nd, I've been paid my usual benefits today but no loan.

Is the DWP phone line just hanging up for anyone else? They say to wait and that they're experiencing a high volume - but no being put on hold, it just beeps for about 30 seconds then hangs up.

Not very re-assuring.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport