I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    I watched the Eurovision so it was a late night, but I slept for hours. I woke around 8am but struggled to get up, it was nearly 11 before I actually got up.
    I am sitting in the garden on the swing seat, and have yet to bother to do anything.
    Oh well it is Sunday. It's supposed to be a day of rest anyway.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    A good sleep and quiet day sounds just what you need Mooloo! I hope you feel better for it and can start the new week in a positive frame of mind.
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • Savvy_sewing
    hb2 wrote: »
    A good sleep and quiet day sounds just what you need Mooloo! I hope you feel better for it and can start the new week in a positive frame of mind.

Thank you.
    I hover between can't b bothered and guilty that I should be doing something.
    But a full day of relaxation is probably what I really needed.
    I am probably going to be in bed soon though. Plan to read but I am not sure that I will keep my eyes open long enough.
    The children have been a delight tonight.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Mooloo when we're used to being the doers and fixers it does tend to make us feel guilty when we take time out. However I've had to learn that self care is a priority too . Like putting your own oxygen mask on first in order to help others.

Now ds wont be working Sundays it's possible for you to see Sunday as pretty well your day off. You'll probably still cook but if you can get ds and dgd sharing the chores through the week with you there should be less to do all round.

Hope dgds hand is getting better . Just one more week to half term .

Reading your last few posts you do sound calmer so worth sticking with the medication to see how things go .

I'm back to burning up and coughing . The gift that keeps on giving!
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,249 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hope you are on the mend polly.

Hope you have a good week ahead Mooloo.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Mooloo, Polly is right (as usual! :)) Looking after yourself is vital if you are going to be of any use to anyone else. Besides which, you are important in your own right and are equally deserving of being healthy and happy.

Polly, I'm sorry that you are feeling so rough :(

I had a very upset tum yesterday, had to miss a choir event cos couldn't stray far from bathroom.

Here's hoping the new week starts well for everyone :grouphug:
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • Savvy_sewing
    DS has a car accident on the way to school. So I have spent the last 2 1/2 hours driving backwards and forwards to collect the children. Dgs has a small mark on his cheek bone, but that's all. We will take him to be checked out by a doctor next.
    DS is very shaken and upset. I think that's another car that's a write off. I don't think I can help this time. I have lost all my housing benefits etc with DS moving in, and have to pay an overpayment back, and the full rent etc.
    So I am going to have to juggle my budget again.
  • pollyanna_26
    Hope dgs is ok . It could have been so much worse . I know it's been your time with the little ones so ds will be doing the school run but it seems to me although there is shared access your son seems to be the one that is doing all the picking up and dropping off and not much input from gf and family.

That's exhausting when he's also working and makes me wonder why he's pretty well the one who has to do it all .

No wise words I'm afraid , you can't raid the bank of mum for another car or take on debt . If his benefits still aren't sorted that needs chasing up . Your income can't keep you all.

I know you planned to close the shop a month before the end of the lease to paint and refresh so that will mean no income coming in from there .

You've obviously lost income again today . I feel for you as everything seems to conspire against you however hard you try.
    So much for self care! I'm not sure if you'll manage your doctors appt today but if you can't,make sure you arrange another date . You were sounding as though the medication was helping and it's worth keeping up with that and making yourself a priority just as you do for others.

I wish for all your sakes the powers that be could get things sorted .
    The non-molestation order needs sorting asap because your son seems to be getting a lot of hassle which needs to stop.
    pollyx

• Savvy_sewing
    I got to the doctors ok. That's where I wrote my last post waiting to see the doctor. She was happy for me to take the meds at night. She asked if anyone could manage the shop for me, and take a break. I was going to Dover for a few days next week with Dgd and DS anyway but Biggest did ask if I could take one of her girls with us, but now I am not sure how we would do it because my car is too small, case proven today having to ferry everyone around.
    I have got to work but I am not functioning properly and haven't sewn anything. I have just served a few people and done the wages.
    I think today can be classed as a write off like probably his car!
  • pollyanna_26
    Don't view today as a write off . You went and sorted ds and the little ones , got to your drs appointment and made it into work , sorted the wages and served customers.

I think the Dover break is a very good idea . However much you try you aren't Superwoman ( none of us are) just getting yourself, dgd and your son away for a few days should give you all a break .

I think Biggest will understand there isn't room in the car for one of her dds. You can't do the impossible however hard you try.
    pollyx

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport