Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Thank you Purplemum :).
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    HairyHandofDartmoor Posts: 13,960 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 February 2019 at 4:41PM
    Options
    Well I've updated myself with the PPI situation.

I rang S@ntander (as they were requesting more info) and they said they have no record of me having PPI on my old D3benh@ms storecard. As I have no proof then that is that :(.

DH needs to ring S@ntander about his old store card and to ring the N@tionwide and give them more info. We also need to go on to the revolver site and escalate our complaint to the ombudsman re the packaged bank accounts :mad:. But DH doesn't want to do any of this today as he says he's too busy :(.

There are several creditors who have said we had no PPI and we have no proof so they are a no go :(.

Then finally there are five who are still investigating and will write to us again when they've finished investigating.

So not great news overall, but there is still a small ray of hope I suppose.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Apart from all of the above I've had two YG surveys today, two small OP surveys and a £2.50 PA survey :T.

I've put some laundry on to wash, cleaned the cooker and put the dishwasher on.

So a reasonably efficient day today :).

I want to get as much as possible done today as it's half term and I have more time on my hands. Next week I'll start my new job :j :T :beer: and continue with my volunteering, and I'll also have a fresh college assignment to work on, so I'll be much busier next week.
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Afternoon HHD. I'm very late to the PPI party and finally filled a form in this week after years of ripping them up and putting them in the bin. :o TBH I'm 99.9% certain nothing will come of it, which is why I've never bothered, but with the deadline looming I thought it was worth a go.

Will your new job include inside and outside work? Being a member of staff in a school is like being part of a family, I'm sure you'll love it. xx
  • elizabethhull
    Options
    I'm impressed you got your assignment off in good time. Like you, at uni I was notorious for doing things at the last minute. I thought I functioned better burning the early hours oil - well, I don't know if it's true because I never gave myself the option.
    It is true that in similar circumstances since, working late when it's all quiet & no interruptions is lovely - but I don't think that's the same thing as lastminuteism !

And .......say it quietly, but I think it's Spring !!
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    teafor2 wrote: »
    Afternoon HHD. I'm very late to the PPI party and finally filled a form in this week after years of ripping them up and putting them in the bin. :o TBH I'm 99.9% certain nothing will come of it, which is why I've never bothered, but with the deadline looming I thought it was worth a go.

Will your new job include inside and outside work? Being a member of staff in a school is like being part of a family, I'm sure you'll love it. xx

Good luck with your PPI claim TF2, it's worth a try.

Yes I will be working inside and outside so I'll need a warm coat. I'm looking forward to starting :).
    I'm impressed you got your assignment off in good time. Like you, at uni I was notorious for doing things at the last minute. I thought I functioned better burning the early hours oil - well, I don't know if it's true because I never gave myself the option.
    It is true that in similar circumstances since, working late when it's all quiet & no interruptions is lovely - but I don't think that's the same thing as lastminuteism !

And .......say it quietly, but I think it's Spring !!

I used to leave things until the last minute when I was at uni Elizabeth but I'd get really stressed if I did that now :eek:. I must have been much more laid back in those days :rotfl:.

There are some Sping flowers appearing but I don't believe it's Spring until 20 March because I follow the astronomical model :).
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well I've updated myself with the PPI situation.

Then finally there are five who are still investigating and will write to us again when they've finished investigating.

So not great news overall, but there is still a small ray of hope I suppose.

More than a small ray, I'd say, if 5 are still working on your submissions:j. At least they didn't give you an out and out 'no'.

It's a shame about the others but at least you can be pleased that you tried.

I hope your DH has more luck from his phonecalls.
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I don't think I had ppi but keep thinking I must check. Hope it's a useful ray for you hh.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    More than a small ray, I'd say, if 5 are still working on your submissions:j. At least they didn't give you an out and out 'no'.

It's a shame about the others but at least you can be pleased that you tried.

I hope your DH has more luck from his phonecalls.

Thanks Carboot as you say there's still hope :).
    earthgirl wrote: »
    I don't think I had ppi but keep thinking I must check. Hope it's a useful ray for you hh.

Thanks Earthgirl, I thought I'd always feel bad if we didn't at least try claiming before the deadline :).
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    Have a good day Hairy x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income