PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• bunty109
    bunty109 Posts: 1,265 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Trip to the Swedish store yesterday saw the purchase of some pull-out wire baskets for the kitchen units who I means I actually have empty cupboards now where everything is arranged neatly! :eek:

Obviously the downside was the unexpected purchase of other items, but they were paid for from eBay sales and are to redecorate so not totally frivolous.

I've numerous tidying projects going on: understairs looking better, sideboard in the lounge is getting sorted and I'm emptying branches from the garden into the garden waste bin whilst there's no grass cuttings. Son's room a bit of a mess but it's a half-time project. Well least that's what I keep telling myself. Not sure how it will get done with me at work! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    MFW 2019#24 £9474.89/£11000 MFW 2018#24 £23025.41/£15000
    MFi3 v5 #53 £12531/
    MFi3 v4 #53 £59442/£39387
  • parsniphead
    Options
    Mornng fellow declutterers.

A quick tidy of the bedroom this morning and a pair of socks binned. Nothing to strenuous yet.;) While doing this DH announced that we really need to get the bay roof and guttering fixed. It's been leaking for a while but with everything going on its been ignored. This means we have a massive decluttering project in the front room. It was my sewing room but has turned into a complete dumping ground in recent months. I'm going to have to be incredibly ruthless.

This will be the first in a long list of repairs which need doing and hopefully will be the kick up the bum needed. Plus they can only be done if the junk is decluttered.

Anyway this afternoon and evening will be spent in the room from hell and if I'm not heard from in a day or two send help.:rotfl:

Have a fab Sunday.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Sa1sysoo
    Options
    I really must remember to subscribe to threads if I want updates!

Here's the list so far:
    1-2. Fancy dree Headbands x 2
    3. Can of White Primer
    4-12. Fancy Dress Cop Outfit (9 pieces)
    13. Necklace
    14-19. Incomplete "60's Cop Kits" - 6 pieces
    20-50. Nail Varnishes x 31
    51. Fairy Wings
    52. Feather Boa
    53. Top
    54. Felt Pen used up
    55-56. Body Wash
    57. Glasses Case
    58. Body Wash
    59-67. Boxes x 9
    68. Pen
    69-73. Pillows
    74-76. Electricals
    77. Key-ring
    78-178. PC Paperwork
    179-181. Thermal Mugs
    182. Thermal Leggings
    183-184. Exercise Leggings
    185-186. Thermal Socks
    187. Regular Socks
    188-205. PC Paperwork
    206-218. Clothing
    OH OD - £100.00/£100.00 Joint OD - £100.00/£100.00StepChange: £10,057.67
  • White_musk
    Options
    I'm going to have a day of rest from decluttering. I need to do some ordinary housework. It's so easy to do these days, so the rest of the day will be spent doing something nice. My DD and DGD are coming later so I will have some quality time with them.

Have a good day folks.
    Feb 2019 GC £151.53/£300
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, wisdom to know the difference.
  • phoebe1989seb
    Options
    Not much to report this week (as said previously we've no intention of becoming clutter-free, being proud maximalists/collectors and I've never watched MK, just need to sort the wheat from the chaff, lol!) -

6 x highlighter/marker pens (dried up) - thrown
    400 year old oak beam - sold
    Heated towel rail - sold
    Pair unused hiking boots - sold

Have a few more items listed for sale too :D

Plan for next week is to sort through (again, as I had a major clear out of these before we moved here ;)) my huge collection of fabric remnants and curtains.....
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • IrishRose12
    IrishRose12 Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon everyone. Once again real life has interrupted my attempts to log on here to chat to you lovely people.
    I think I'll have to accept that I'm a once a week girl now on here until further notice :rotfl:

Anywhoo, still de-cluttering here, sold a few bits and pieces on ebay so they've been posted and money has went to the credit card :T
    I think I'm going to give ebay a rest now as I'm finding that people are just being plain rude in their messages, literally expecting things for nothing. This past 2 weeks alone I've had offers on items for far less than what I paid for them and what I even have them listed for:mad:

2 items I bought in America, they cannot be bought anywhere anymore as they are dated merchandise items. Listed them at £10 each - half than what I paid for them and had people sending offers ranging from £3-£5, ermm no cheapskates, I'd rather donate it to a charity shop as they'd get more money for it than that.:eek: What's even more insulting is these items are brand new, with prices still attached and still in the original, sealed packaging, so why they think I would accept less than my listed price is plain stupid.
    Had another girl try to dictate to me how I should post the item if I accept her stupid "offer" and the cost it should be.
    She was politely told that if she had bothered to look at my feedback, I have been selling for 10 years or so, so I know my way around the postage rates lol. She was then politely told to do her research before contacting sellers and offering insulting prices and "advice"

Anyway, ended up selling them on a FB group, the buyer actually offered more than what I was asking as they said they knew it was worth more than what I was asking, so I sent her a few other bits for free to say thank you.

I'm just about to have dinner so think after that I'll take myself up to the attic and have a rummage through and see what can be put out. It's raining here today so may as well so something productive lol.

Off now to have a read through the last weeks posts on here before dinner. Hope all is well with everyone.
    Pay all debt off by Christmas 2024 £537/£3,500£1 a day challenge 2024 - £91/£730 Declutter a bag a week in 2024 6/52Lose 24lb - 3/24lbs Read 1 book per week - 5/52Pay off credit card debt 7/100%
  • leelad
    leelad Posts: 131 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Afternoon all, not posted on here for a couple of weeks. Combination of a heavy cold, tired and losing some motivation. But I got back on it again and went car booting this morning in a very cold cattle mart up in East Lancashire. Made approx. £30 selling attic stuff, toys, books mainly. Just about scraped a profit on what it cost me in terms of pitching up and the loan of a table for displaying my clobber. The proceeds of the car boot went on a pub lunch for the three of us. Attic looking a little bit emptier, still more to be done. I enjoyed it this morning, it was hard going selling though. Taking lots of small orders for £2 & £3 at a time, but it all helps.
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon everyone. Once again real life has interrupted my attempts to log on here to chat to you lovely people.
    I think I'll have to accept that I'm a once a week girl now on here until further notice :rotfl:

Anywhoo, still de-cluttering here, sold a few bits and pieces on ebay so they've been posted and money has went to the credit card :T
    I think I'm going to give ebay a rest now as I'm finding that people are just being plain rude in their messages, literally expecting things for nothing. This past 2 weeks alone I've had offers on items for far less than what I paid for them and what I even have them listed for:mad:

2 items I bought in America, they cannot be bought anywhere anymore as they are dated merchandise items. Listed them at £10 each - half than what I paid for them and had people sending offers ranging from £3-£5, ermm no cheapskates, I'd rather donate it to a charity shop as they'd get more money for it than that.:eek: What's even more insulting is these items are brand new, with prices still attached and still in the original, sealed packaging, so why they think I would accept less than my listed price is plain stupid.
    Had another girl try to dictate to me how I should post the item if I accept her stupid "offer" and the cost it should be.
    She was politely told that if she had bothered to look at my feedback, I have been selling for 10 years or so, so I know my way around the postage rates lol. She was then politely told to do her research before contacting sellers and offering insulting prices and "advice"

Anyway, ended up selling them on a FB group, the buyer actually offered more than what I was asking as they said they knew it was worth more than what I was asking, so I sent her a few other bits for free to say thank you.

I'm just about to have dinner so think after that I'll take myself up to the attic and have a rummage through and see what can be put out. It's raining here today so may as well so something productive lol.

Off now to have a read through the last weeks posts on here before dinner. Hope all is well with everyone.

My ebay is all on BIN with no offers. I price things attractively and people can take it or leave it. Facebook groups are good for selling stuff especially as you are not paying ebay fees. Facebook marketplace/local groups can be full of timewasters and people wanting things for nothing IME.
  • ailz95
    ailz95 Posts: 380 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I'd like to join please. I have CFS so may not get much done at any time - but I intend to keep on beavering away. We have just too much stuff. In 2013 we moved into my MIL's house to care for her, we merged 2 households and I'm still trying to rationalise stuff.
    Clutter free wannabee 2021 /52 bags to cs. /2021 'stuff' out of the place

YOU CANNOT BE ALL THE GOOD THAT THE WORLD NEEDS, BUT THE WORLD NEEDS ALL THE GOOD YOU CAN BE
    taken from Shelbizleee on YouTube - her copyright
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Barny1979 wrote: »
    28. Sock with hole binned

Not sure if classed as decluttering
    29. More wallpaper stripped
    30. Tree cut back
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors