PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Comments

• I'm in please. Going for 2019 as I need to get rid of stuff. The accumulation of a lot of it can be connected to MH issues, but just started therapy so hopefully getting better and getting tidier will go hand in hand.
    Declutter 2024 in 2024 /2024 SPC = 13 £45.32 (2023) £64.89 (2022) £95.67 (2021) £305.16 (2020)Loan paid off! Credit card paid off!!! Debt paid off, debt free date 28/12/2020
  • Another day of decluttering has gone well
    Have filled one plastic bag with rubbish, got a black bag sitting out in the yard with cardboard from all the boxes we've accumulated from Christmas. Have broke them down and put them in that, as there's too much for our small recycling box, so the bag can be set out with those on Friday again. Will be adding to the bag throughout the week, starting with the huge box that will need broke down when we take the New t.v. out of it tomorrow.

Listed a few items on eBay also to end tomorrow with 2 items already receiving bids :T

Have also started "decluttering" the huge amount of chocolate we have somehow managed to multiply since last week too. Will not be very good for my weight loss plan, but I have to declutter the food before I declutter the weight don't I. Plus it's Christmas and in not back to work for another week so my diet doesn't start till then:D:rotfl:
    Pay all debt off by Christmas 2024 £537/£3,500£1 a day challenge 2024 - £91/£730 Declutter a bag a week in 2024 6/52Lose 24lb - 3/24lbs Read 1 book per week - 5/52Pay off credit card debt 7/100%
  • basketcase
    basketcase Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I'm in again this year too. :j

And actually starting in January this time! :rotfl:

I'm going to follow the thread until 1 January and continue weighing stuff until 2018. I've still not organised the computer so I'm not sure exactly how much I'll eventually clear. I doubt it'll be the full 2018 lbs, but it's not too far off, considering.

I'll try for 2019 items in 2019. May not make it, but you never know... :D
    A budget is like a speed sign - a LIMIT not a TARGET!!

CHALLENGES
    2024 Grocery Challenge: Q1 £37.83/£660
    2024 NSDs: Jan 1/12
    2024 Decluttering 24 containers/month: Jan 10/24
    Weight Loss: 0/24lbs
    2024 Fashion on the Ration: 0/66
    24 for 2024
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,617 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I really need to join in properly if I may.

I was getting on great earlier this year but was diagnosed with cancer in August. The decluttdring came to an end.....boo. Anyway next year I need to make a massive difference and get the house sorted once and for all. It would be nice for it to be done before being given the all clear or getting decluttered myself (Sorry I have a dark sense of humour).

As a procrastinator I may need an occasional kick up the bum.

Good luck all.

Wishing you well with your treatment and hope you have lots of support round you. xx
  • Evening All
    I also have a bit of weight to declutter. Not loads, but it's stubborn! Perhaps if I work at the decluttering really vigorously? I suspect more effort will be needed though. I like to blame it on being peri-menopausal, but it's chocolate really. And cheese. And roast potatoes :o.
    I'm going to take down the Christmas decs tomorrow and pack them away in an organised fashion. So the house will look less cluttered. Also give the fridge a good sort before food shop arrives. I've transferred important dates to my 2019 calendar. I'll put 2018 calendar away in case I need to check anything, but I don't keep any further back than that.
    Guineapigsqueaks x

Keep Smiling :)
  • It’s great to see so many declutterers joining in on here. Parsniphead sorry to hear your news, hope it’s just decluttering stuff this year hun.

Last year I managed a rate of about a third of 2019. This year I want to focus on my daily effort rather than count items. I am going to challenge myself to at least 5 minutes a day this year. I am including digital decluttering and sorting/filing/renaming the photos on the computer too.

To allow for sickness and holidays I’m going to allow myself to get up to two weeks ahead or behind but only if it is a separate session in another room not just a 10 minute double session running on from 5 minutes if that makes sense.
  • I have just turned all my clothes hangers in my wardrobe the “wrong” way round. Then at some point later in the year I’m going to take a closer look at the suspects that I haven’t worn yet. Posting on here in case it helps some other nut case out there!
  • Another few bits gone yesterday!

9 - an old Baby Boy sign my son had (he's now 2 so doesn't really match his room anymore)
    10 - Rug (unfortunately had to chuck it, cats claws kept getting stuck in it, son split something on it that would not come off and then cat threw up on it last night!)

C xx
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • I have just turned all my clothes hangers in my wardrobe the “wrong” way round. Then at some point later in the year I’m going to take a closer look at the suspects that I haven’t worn yet. Posting on here in case it helps some other nut case out there!

I've heard of people doing this, it's a really good idea, I'm gonna give it a go this year because my wardrobe is full of clothes I never wear!

C xx
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • leelad
    leelad Posts: 131 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    First post on this forum, so please be gentle with me :-)
    I want to do some serious decluttering next year, the majority of the clutter is in our attic which would be a great room if I could clear all the mess in there, a lot of things are items that our daughter's outgrown but there is stuff which I and my wife have hoarded. Need to do it a bit at a time and break it down to a couple of items a day. Will look at the usual places to sell things (online & offline). Income is a bit tight at the moment, so need to do something about it. It's heartening to see on here the approaches which others have taken to tackling their clutter and what their successes have been. I do have the Marie Kondo tidying up book and the sections I read of it were thought provoking, but I have kept avoiding the task of decluttering until it's now at a point where I am ready to tackle it. Wish me luck.... Have already taken photos of the offending areas to help me & inspire me....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure