PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2019 - A Clutter Free Life

Options

Comments

• Guineapigsqueaks
    Options
    Morning All.
    One pair of worn out socks with a hole in the toe.
    It all helps :rotfl:.
    Guineapigsqueaks x

Keep Smiling :)
  • chocolatebum
    Options
    could i join in please, seriously need to declutter this house. wasn't sure how i would go about it but had a wee read through last years and the posts from this year and think i will go with 2019 in 2019. i could probably get 2019 just from my uni cupboard and paperwork bags/drawers/folders but hoping to get some bigger items decluttered too.
    DEBT
    31/12/2018 = £21,740.10 - 31/12/2019 = £18,581.29 (14.53% PD)
    31/01/2020 - £18,685.22 (14.05% PD)
  • dragonlily
    Options
    I am in for this year too. I need to go to home bargains for the foil containers I use to portion HM cottage pie, so my first step is to take the half boot full of donations put in there about two months ago to the charity shop. I have added another big bag of my daughters colouring books, annuals etc that she no longer uses. Seems at 10 we are moving past finding demo, disney princesses, my little pony and shopkins. She is suddenly seeming very grown up!

x
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I really need to join in properly if I may.

I was getting on great earlier this year but was diagnosed with cancer in August. The decluttdring came to an end.....boo. Anyway next year I need to make a massive difference and get the house sorted once and for all. It would be nice for it to be done before being given the all clear or getting decluttered myself (Sorry I have a dark sense of humour).

As a procrastinator I may need an occasional kick up the bum.

Good luck all.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Yippee :j more people :j

As many of our posters work during the week, I am fully on board with starting the 2019 count from Friday 28th December :D So have at it chocolatelover93 :D

1 & 2 - nesting pouches (destroyed by squirrels :( ) - binned

My three mantras from 2018 are being revived for 2019 but slightly reworded.

So happy decluttering for 2019 :D

MrsSD
    2/2019
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I need to declutter in the new year too. I've just tidied up the kitchen a bit and put the bottles of water in the fridge and the empty wine bottles in bags for recycling. I keep buying sparkling water and I want to replace it with a soda stream instead.

I'm going to put the rubbish and recycling out later. I want to go through my underwear drawer and throw some away as I noticed that a few have holes!:rotfl:
    I was getting on great earlier this year but was diagnosed with cancer in August. The decluttdring came to an end.....boo. Anyway next year I need to make a massive difference and get the house sorted once and for all. It would be nice for it to be done before being given the all clear or getting decluttered myself (Sorry I have a dark sense of humour).

As a procrastinator I may need an occasional kick up the bum.

Sorry to read that.xxx
  • MadamMim2013
    Options
    De-lurking to say hellooo & that I'm definately in for next year :j
    Thanks to your wonderful thread, during 2018 I have shed so much stuff out the house, it's been recycled, sent to charity or in a rare instance binned.
    :T
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Sibelius
    Options
    Hello,
    I would like to join too. Have been reading this thread as inspiration but am determined to get things under control in 2019.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I need to declutter in the new year too. I've just tidied up the kitchen a bit and put the bottles of water in the fridge and the empty wine bottles in bags for recycling. I keep buying sparkling water and I want to replace it with a soda stream instead.

I'm going to put the rubbish and recycling out later. I want to go through my underwear drawer and throw some away as I noticed that a few have holes!:rotfl:

Sorry to read that.xxx

Thanks Wednesday. Just another bump in the road.
    DD265 wrote: »
    I'd like to join as well please.

We're moving house so have made a good start, but I know there'll be more to do as we start packing and subsequently unpack. I'd rather not have to fill our house with storage furniture if we can help it! :)

The thought of moving house terrifies me. I would need a dozen removal lorries at the moment. Good luck with it all.

A couple of years ago I became obsessed with storage, always complaining I didn't have enough. Took me a while to realise I had too much stuff.:rotfl:
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Caramac
    Caramac Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I’d like to join please. I start off each year full of good intentions but usually fall by the wayside mid January. I spent most of 2017/early 2018 clearing out my dad’s house to sell after he’d moved into a Nursing Home. I still have a load of his ornaments, paperwork and photos/personal items here.

I have found after the kids left home my clutter has expanded to fit the newly created space. DD has moved home temporarily so the house looks like a hoarders paradise at the moment.

I’d like to try and declutter at least one item a day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure