🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• Lambyr
    Lambyr Posts: 437 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    tea_lover wrote: »

Indeed! And oh so true! With the accomplishment of completing a game comes the knowledge that you won't get that experience again. With games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age you can replay, make different choices, play as a different character but you still are confined by the same overall narrative.
    Izadora wrote: »
    I'm not surprised she needed to vent. Is it just that he's unaware that it's not a free-for-all on anything that's in the fridge or is he an inconsiderate so-and-so who doesn't care that he's stealing from his girlfriend's daughter?

A few months ago I'd have thought it was an honest mistake but E's told me a fair few things about him that make me think that he's actually being quite deliberate about this and perhaps even trying to get E to move out?

After the pasta incident she did make it clear that it was her food he'd stolen, and apparently complained about (too salty!). Though he should already have been aware of this.

I know there's always the possibility that E is against him because he's dating her mum but he does seem to be incredibly inconsiderate from the things she says.
    Me too!! I've lost count of the number of things I've misplaced this week. Finding my keys in my underwear drawer was an odd moment...

Haha! I've found my keys in the fridge before. I have no idea what was going on there... :rotfl:
    She would always like to say,
    Why change the past when you can own this day?
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,975 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

I've never had that with a game, but I did when I finished the third novel in the Millennium trilogy by Steig Larsson, I was immediately gripped by the first one and read all three of them in a week. Finishing was like saying goodbye to a group of friends knowing you'll never see them again.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh I'd be so tempted to leave him a little laxative casserole for his dinner :rotfl:
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Because I am a numpty I have left a yoghurt in my bag for about 7 hours, it is room temperature. Can I stick it in the fridge and eat it later, or will that kill me??
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    Ooh I'd be so tempted to leave him a little laxative casserole for his dinner :rotfl:

That's evil, but funny! :rotfl:
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    Options
    Because I am a numpty I have left a yoghurt in my bag for about 7 hours, it is room temperature. Can I stick it in the fridge and eat it later, or will that kill me??

Personally I'd give it a sniff before eating and if it smelled alright, go for it. That being said, I have a cast iron stomach so you might not want to listen to me.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm sure a chef in a hotel did that to me once.
    I ordered a gammon steak with chips for dinner, and when it came I was surprised because it looked like breakfast..........gammon, baked beans, tomatoes and mushrooms. And chips.
    However, when I tasted the gammon, it was incredibly salty, I mean inedlibly salty. It must have been the sort you need to soak before cooking. Any, I couldn't eat it, and its price wasn't particularly cheap, so I told the waiter, nicely. He brought me another one, but it was just the same. So I asked for a different dish altogether.
    The next day, I had terrible diawoowoo.
    The waiter saw me the next day and asked how I was. I wasn't going to give them the satisfaction, so I said yes, absolutely fine thanks, and beamed, even though my guts were turning inside out.

It was a horrible hotel, dirty room, lots wrong with it, dreadful cardboard breakfast buffet that looked like it had been sitting there since the night before. The rates were cheap. Shame, because it was an old coaching inn, a historic building close to the Cathedral, and had a fantastic,huge lounge with squashy sofas where you could get a nice afternoon tea. Different chef, I suppose!
    codemonkey wrote: »
    Personally I'd give it a sniff before eating and if it smelled alright, go for it. That being said, I have a cast iron stomach so you might not want to listen to me.

It depends on the conditions it was kept in. If was a cool day and the bag was in a cool room away from the sun, it's probably ok. If the bag was in a hot room, or near the sun or in a hot car, I'd chuck it, to be honest.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• onomatopoeia99
    Options
    Mostly for Pyxis, I was listening to radio 4 on the way home just now. It was "Word of mouth" and they were talking about irregular verbs, particularly in the past tense and participle, but the subjunctive got a mention as well (in the context of lay / lie).

Will appear on iplayer here : http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b079pr8y

The simple past and the participle seem to be where most of the irregular conjugations are in English verbs and they talked about origins in Germanic and the older indo-european languages. An interesting half hour as I drove through the rain anyway :).
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mostly for Pyxis, I was listening to radio 4 on the way home just now. It was "Word of mouth" and they were talking about irregular verbs, particularly in the past tense and participle, but the subjunctive got a mention as well (in the context of lay / lie).

Will appear on iplayer here : http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b079pr8y

The simple past and the participle seem to be where most of the irregular conjugations are in English verbs and they talked about origins in Germanic and the older indo-european languages. An interesting half hour as I drove through the rain anyway :).

Ooh thanks, Ono! I'll deffo listen to that!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Flybaby
    Flybaby Posts: 570 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am like a solar powered Duracell bunny so I love it when the sun comes out, except that I am olive skinned and tan very easily, even though I wear factor 50 as a religion. Don't be so jealous fair skinned people - when I was a kid I was teased about looking "dirty" all the time because of my skin colour!

And with regards to the only one partner driving thing - it is a really frustrating thing to have to live with. My hubby does not drive (bike license only) and it does sometimes really nark that I have to do everything like food shopping, DIY stores, collecting ebay purchases etc. It's more the assumed expectation that I will do these things. It really does irk me sometimes although thanfully my hubby is now much more considerate and asks before promising people that "we" will drive. LOL!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure