We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Buffy's Savings Diary

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,944 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Keep plodding Xxx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Keep plodding Xxx

Hopping Beanie, I keep hopping! ;)

Well I slept for 8 hours so should feel like Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music but feel more like Rocky after a fight. My wisdom teeth hurt.

Any how plan is finish room, nap go out to dinner.

tomorrow is everything else.

Money wise I have 300 left of my emergency fund which I am essentially using to pay everything off (am sure I still owe the Halifax - . I cancelled a new Chest of drawers just because it was a waste of time and money and would just lead to more clutter. So that refund will be used for my petrol for the first few weeks of term.

from the first of Jan I have my wages and so should be good to go.

xxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    So about 20 mins after posting that I went upstairs to start on my room.

Horrible stomach cramps ensued and I was very sick. Only lasted about about 20 minutes but it was quite horrible.

So I went to sleep after that. feel like my throat is swelling up - not in any dangerous way ! just a normal cold flu way.

In fact have been sitting here for about an hour not feeling great.

oh dear.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,690 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh dear Buffy,hope you feel better soon. You don't want to be ill for Christmas :( Do you suffer with IBS? Could this be why you have the stomach cramps and sickness?
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Oh dear Buffy,hope you feel better soon. You don't want to be ill for Christmas :( Do you suffer with IBS? Could this be why you have the stomach cramps and sickness?

I did think that at first, as I have in the past when stressed been let down some what by my digestive system! :o

however now I have a proper seven year old style earache and everything feels muffled so probably just a cold. Just you know when it hits you and think oh !!!! !

Managed to do some tidying of the room. Got to put a fair bit in the shed so it is good I cleared it in the summer.

I didn't wear the boot today, in between the throwing up and the sleeping it didn't seem worth it. foot is feeling it now. :(

Overall tho I am pleased with my room. It has taken since May to go through everything I own and it has been such hard work! :rotfl: sounds silly but am happy to think I might have a normal functional bedroom by Christmas day. And a decluttered house by New Years :)

XXXX
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Just had the most miserable conversation with my Mum about my oldest sister.

eldest?

not sure.

any how. how little money she has is ridiculous and my nephew seems to be...........I don't know.. to be honest I don't know him at all.

so depressing. heartbreaking. Just putting this here to get it off my chest. The pressure it puts on my Mum is immense. Sister keeps saying the Lord will provide. But it doesn't offer much comfort when I am fairly sure she is running up even more debt.

I could cry at futility of it all but instead I am decorating the Christmas Tree. Last thing on earth I feel like doing.

xxx
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Right,

Pity party over, nothing I can do about my Sister apart from save loads and give my Mum as alittle to worry as possible.

Tree is up and looks good.

Banks checked

Tescos - 50.54 pounds

Halifax 73.97

All good in Bank account land and I don't need to pay either of those till end of Jan.

Also getting a refund on Tescos card

so that's ok.

House wise. Bit of a mare ALTHOUGH. my room will be fine and the conservatory is not that bad. Living room is half done.

Mum is going out tomorrow so I have time to clean and tidy how I like to - ie loud music and a few baskets!

have a tonne of paper work to burn but so long as that is done by the end of the year am ok with it.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Buffythedebtslayer Posts: 18,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 December 2015 at 4:01PM
    Options
    Gutted beyond belief.

My elderly aunt who is the life and soul of the party and who was very close to my Dad has Alzheimer's.

In all the years my Dad has been gone I have been promising to go to see her, learnt to drive and still haven't gone . Dad's been gone 9 years. am not totally awful - we do speak on the phone just not often.

All so upsetting. What is left of my heart is now actually broken. All those memories of my Dad. gone. It is all too late.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,690 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    That's sad news Buffy. Don't know what else to say really. You could still go to see her, I believe those with Alzheimer's still have lucid moments. Go before it's too late.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    thanks SA. have been cleaning. keeping busy. cheers for being there XX

the boot is driving me mental!

Must get back to the cleaning. Mum is asleep on the sofa. X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing