We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Mrs PG's Hopes & Dreams for a debt free future !

Options

Comments

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Mrs PG???? Where art thou???!!!!

Hope alls ok and drop by soon
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • JustAboutThere
    Options
    Hope all is OK. Take care.
  • PinotGrigio41
    PinotGrigio41 Posts: 4,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm Alive !!! I have missed you all !!

My head is fuzzly , there is so much going on and probably so much to tell you all that I wouldnt have a clue where to start, but I will try.

Things are going ok but just madly busy. On top of work the girls have had so much going on, I haven't had an evening at home in four weeks . I have forgotten what the sofa looks like.:o But I shouldn't complain, they are doing great, having fun and are happy and chilled.

DD1 has finished the exams thank goodness and looked so poorly after them it was worrying. She began work experience the following monday and all of a sudden I saw a different child, the one we knew and loved before we lost my dad. I Cant explain how happy that made me. She worked her backside off for two weeks, worked every hour under the sun and even made it into the local papers with some of her work ! :) She sang at a festival, fought off many admirers and was well and truly baffled by the attention. she has had her induction at college and loved it, has been asked to photograph various events locally and partied hard. She has had Prom and looked absolutely beautiful, I wish I could post you all a picture. I felt sooooo proud. She has so much planned and I want her to have the time of her life until she starts college again. She really worried me this year and although people keep telling me she should get a paid job, not the voluntary things she is doing,they will look good on her CV and I am happy with that for now. We still have a few things to resolve health wise with her but to see her now compared to just a month or so ago is fantastic. She is off abroad on Sunday for a few days Singing on the Music Tour with the school, this will be her last one. :( They have asked DD2 to go next year so we have just paid the deposit for that. Now to hope that the work keeps coming in, to pay the rest !

DD2 is fab, she went to Spain on the Netball Tour has won all sorts of things at District SPorts, is going great guns at school and is now loaning a pony for which she is beaming from ear to ear. When we told her she burst into tears of happiness. :p It was a big decision, but the cost of the pony per week is the same as we have been paying for one lesson a week anyway. IT was a no brainer really. She gets to go every day (if I have time to take her ) and gets four lessons a week also . We looked closely into if it was the right pony for her and although the pony is young she will give DD2 a challenge and lord knows she rises to a challenge ! The other decision making factor is that she has various groups of friends, some of whom seem to be getting up to no good. Recently she has declined party invitations, when I asked why she explained that the girls were raiding their parents drink which they were taking to parties at the grand old age of 13 or hiding it in their bags at camp outs. I am so grateful that she told me what was going on and didn't get pressured into doing the same. She has then backed this up with photos they have sent her of themselves when she has feigned illness not to go. Some of the stories I am hearing worry the life out of me and is far worse than anything we dealt with when DD1 was that age. For that reason we thing the stables should keep her busy and occupied and she is doing something she loves with a group of like minded friends that she has made there. It is far more rushing around for me , but I think it will be worth it . Watch this space though, I could be complaining like merry hell in a couple of months ! :rotfl:

Mr PG has flown in to the country and then back out again a week later, but he got to see DD1 go to Prom. He is now away for another month. We managed a three day camping break in Cornwall where we took DD2 to watch the Polo on the Beach at Watergate Bay, the other days he worked to keep the money flowing in :( . It was great to spend time together with the bonus being that my phone didn't work so I was able to relax for once without constant messages.

So that is my quick (ish ) round up of whats been happening.

I cant be bothered to talk about money stuff suffice to say that we are below £40 K at last !!! Whoopee !!!! :T:T:j:j

I have no time to read diaries now or even attempt to catch up with you all, but I hope that you are well and happy xx

Lots of Love
    Mrs PG xxx
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
    Total debts Nov 2011 [STRIKE]£96796.75[/STRIKE]:eek:
    Total Debts JUL 2020 £00.00
    Cleared Jul 2020 £96796.75
    :T
    Emergency Fund / Rainy Day - £5500 . DMP Mutual Support Thread 428
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Lovely update, thank you Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Lovely update, thank you Xx

Seconded...great to have you back.

Now for Piq! X
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    Lovely to hear from you, all sounds good in your world, keep smiling. Xxx
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy dance because PG is back and her absence was because of lots of great family activities xx
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Lovely to hear from you. And wonderful news about both girls.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Fantastic to hear from you and really pleased that you are all well and happy.

You have 2 lovely well rounded, mature girls there, well done you.

Take care.x.
  • Dolphin1
    Dolphin1 Posts: 855 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What a great update! Glad things are all going so well in the PG household!

Dolphin1
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport