Feel so bad

Options

Comments

• MidLifeCrisis_3
    Options
    I hope you'll find this is just a one off where she thought you might have said "yes please" when she looked at you, but you weren't sure whether the offer was even open to you too. Funny how these things tend to come out in the wash further down the line and you'll probably find out that she'll have been feeling bad about it whilst you've been feeling really upset. Similar things have happened to me and I've felt like I did during those horrid school days all over again, but several times I've thought that people don't like me and have then found out later that I've given them the impression that I don't like them - think my insecure side leads to the barriers going up.

I'm now a SAHM and the first time I went to my local group I was quite shy and just felt like crying, but eventually I made some wonderful friends by making a real effort and taking every opportunity I could to get to know people. Now I really go out of my way to talk to anyone who looks a bit lost as it's awful to feel this way. I really try not to judge anyone on the way they look, but there's some mums at school who do try to compete with others which is a bit sad, but deep down they are probably really insecure so I try to talk to them anyway! They all probably think I'm mad, but who cares, I can't be doing with that !!!!!iness and men can be just the same if not worse.

Keep your head up, we all know how you're feeling and once you've composed yourself enough and you've all got nothing on make a point of inviting them all back to yours for a brew one day!

MLC
    Be not so busy making a living that you forget to make a life
  • lisaf
    lisaf Posts: 273 Forumite
    Options
    MLC,
    you could have talking about me there! I am very shy by nature also and people have actually said to me that I looked really unapproachable but once they got to know me, I was actually quite nice!
    Now I'm older, I have slightly more confidence and since I've opened up myself, more people have approached me for chit-chat which would never have happened before.
    Even just being asked for coffee by one of the Mum's was totally unique for me as I've been a parent for 17 years and apart from my own few friends, had never been asked. Then again years ago, I was that shy, I wouldn't have had the confidence to go anyway!
    I have spoken to loads of people about the playground 'mafia' and found that almost everyone felt the same. So even when you think you're alone you're not especially not on MSE anyway!
    Good luck Pukkamum and hold your head up!
    Lisa xxx
  • poppyolivia
    poppyolivia Posts: 2,976 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better hun! xxx
    You may walk and you may run
    You leave your footprints all around the sun
    And every time the storm and the soul wars come
    You just keep on walking
  • pukkamum
    pukkamum Posts: 3,942 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better hun! xxx
    I am feeling a lot better about it you are all so lovely. Now i think rationally about it i realise that i didn't do anything wrong and i have nothing to be embarassed about it's her problem not mine, i've spent too much of my life worrying about what other people think about me and i simply refuse to do it any more!!!! (well i'll try lol)
    I don't get nearly enough credit for not being a violent psychopath.
  • galvanizersbaby
    galvanizersbaby Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options
    Paparika wrote: »
    yay, fair play to you.

I wear what I want to wear, I guess you can call me a slummy mummy, I'm not skinny, my old car (just replaced) was 22 years old, the only 4x4 about it was it had 4 wheels, even now my new car is a 9 year old Toyota, and i think that its lovely,
    I'd need my head examined if i wanted to be a yummy mummy :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    What's a slummy mummy Paprika? - I know what a yummy one is (I think!):D
  • Paparika
    Paparika Posts: 2,476 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options

Someone who doesn't drive a 4x4 to take children 100 yards to school :)
    someone who just wears what feels comfortable and not what fashion dictates.

umm me, my house is a mess, my hair is a mess, my life is a mess, but me I'm happy, i have a job and a healthy child, thats more important than what mums at school gates think of me
    Life is about give and take, if you can't give why should you take?
  • Mips
    Mips Posts: 19,796 Forumite
    Options
    The worst part about Schools is the bored !!!!!y Women at the Gates slyly criticising everyone.

I dread getting there early as I can't stand the 10 minutes being eyed up waiting for the children to get in!!
    :cool:
  • Sarahjovi
    Sarahjovi Posts: 1,017 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Think Waynetta Slob from the Harry Enfield Show. (I'm sure Praprika isn't anything like her:o )

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TRlV5RuZ-R0

Sarah:D
  • Mips
    Mips Posts: 19,796 Forumite
    Options

umm me, my house is a mess, my hair is a mess, my life is a mess, but me I'm happy, i have a job and a healthy child, thats more important than what mums at school gates think of me

I am definitely a slummy mummy.... but I love my beautiful children and am nice and comfy sat here in clothes that fit me, with lovely warm thick socks on... Yummy Mummys would be horrified!!! :rotfl:
    :cool:
  • galvanizersbaby
    galvanizersbaby Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options

:D sounds good - just trying to pick up the different terms used on here - I'm a complete MSF beginner I'm afraid!

I don't own a car so we walk everywhere - might fall down on the fashion/comfort one though but fit in with the healthy kids and job (that's where I am now - naughty me!) as for the importance of what the school mum's think - well :p
    Perhaps I could be a cross between the two, a scummy mummy - no I've stitched myself up there haven't I! LOL:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure