Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• emweaver
    emweaver Posts: 8,419 Forumite
    Options
    we spent 30 euros on my daughter and shes only just gone 2 so 50 euros isnt as ridiculous as some say it is.
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • Lady_E
    Lady_E Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Options
    TRIP REPORT

I just thought I would write a brief summary of our trip to DLP from 1.4.08-4.4.08.
    We travelled by car via Eurotunnel, which went very smoothly and travelled on the toll road (Cost from just o/s Cite D europe to nearby CDG Airport 19.50 Euro). The roads were clear and driving was relatively easy.Finding DLP was easy as it is very well signposted.We stayed at the Newport Bay Hotel on the Admirals floor and it was fantastic. We checked in at 2pm and had to return at 3pm,to collect our key,as they are very strict about this. Staff were friendly and we saw Mickey and Minnie a number of times whilst at the hotel. Eating in the hotel in the evening is very expensive. The all you can eat buffet in the evening (Cape Cod) is 27E for adults and 12.50E for children under 11. Our two DS(7 + 4) are not at the age of eating anything and everything so this was wasted. We ate the rest of the time in the evening at Annetes Diner (Burger/American type food-well cooked) and through the day I had bought a selection of fruit and crisp bread that we had.
    We did loads and loads of walking but it was very enjoyable.
    MUST DO .......
    Autopia -real cars on a track so little ones can "drive"
    Buzz Lightyear-shooting all the baddies from Planet Zing
    Stitch Live show- DS1 was chosen to be Stitchs friend and it was brilliant
    Stunt show-more adult display but the DS were riveted .

All in all, we went for DH birthday and I can honestly say we had the best time. Yes the inital outlay is expensive but the experience will live on with us and the children for years to come.

HTH
  • emweaver
    Options
    i missed the stich show as we ran out of time but def going there next time. i really liked fantasyland as it had loads of rides for little ones and my daughters only 2.
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • flowerscotland
    flowerscotland Posts: 16,846 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    emmweaver - i am sorry if it seemed that i ignored you a few pages back, as I am going in sept I am sitting here thinking I have ignored you in some way, so if I have I apologise.

I just wanted to ask how much spending money did you all take with you ? We are going for three full days in Sept, we are staying in santa fe and getting b and b, I will be opening a savings acc so i can start to save up, but we are going a haven holiday in july and im surprising my oh with a trip to london at the end of july so I am saving up for those too.

thanks in advance
    Little Miss Sparkles :A

Team Reem - August '11 :cool:
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sarahg1969 wrote: »
    We went to Disneyland Paris in October using Tesco CC Deals. We stayed here:

http://www.siblu.com/france/paris__loire_valley/la_croix_du_vieux_pont.php

They run coach trips to Paris and Disneyland on alternate days.

When we went, however, it was very, very cold indeed - -6 at night!! - and all we had to keep us warm was a little gas fire. We went to bed fully clothed and just had a quick wash in the mornings, and were out again.

Because we were only there for four days, and we had trips organised on each one, we were up and out by 7.30am and not back until 10pm, so we had no chance to get warm at all!!! It was no fun at the time, but we can look back and laugh now.

oooh i remember that well ! lol

we have stayed there twice for Disney

Oct 06 and July 07

VERY cold in the oct,the fire was good though,and we used to all get dressed standing by it in the mornings :rotfl:
  • emweaver
    Options
    emmweaver - i am sorry if it seemed that i ignored you a few pages back, as I am going in sept I am sitting here thinking I have ignored you in some way, so if I have I apologise.

I just wanted to ask how much spending money did you all take with you ? We are going for three full days in Sept, we are staying in santa fe and getting b and b, I will be opening a savings acc so i can start to save up, but we are going a haven holiday in july and im surprising my oh with a trip to london at the end of july so I am saving up for those too.

thanks in advance

No its ok lol

We took £600 for 3 days for us and our 2 yr odl daughter and came back with £260. That was for 2 meals a day, drinks, souvenirs, food on ferry at services etc and gifts for 15 family members and something for each of us.
  • emweaver
    Options
    Has anyone been in sept before? want to know what the weathers like then lol
  • shellyd_3
    shellyd_3 Posts: 194 Forumite
    Options
    emweaver wrote: »
    Has anyone been in sept before? want to know what the weathers like then lol

Hi, Sorry I have never been in Sept but we have been twice in March the first time was lovely the second time in snowed, said I would never go back at that time, last year we went in june it was terrible very wet and cold. Then went back in October it was cold on the mornings but then turned out to be lovey sunny days getting cold again on the nights but very enjoyable.
    Hoping to go back in Novemebr this year and hoping for the best I know it will be cold but as long as it it dry I wont complain. I am sure you will have a lovely time in September.
    Have you or anyone else considered an annual pass, kids under seven go free till November, works out around £90 for an adult per year but you also get lots of other discounts in the park. If anyone needs more info on this PM me. (for some reason when I post this my posts are removed but I would say this is moneysaving)

Shellyd
  • dazza32
    dazza32 Posts: 164 Forumite
    Options
    your best bet would be threw easy jet to disneyland paris ... nice qiuck flight your looking at £200 for 4 people ,,,,and if you want cheap basic accomadation then stay in the santa fe in the resort ,, its basic but for the money is o.k as you only really sleep in there ,,,

mrskaz wrote: »
    Does anyone know the cheapest place I can book for a holiday to Eurodisney, I dont mind how we travel, we are in the north east. Thanks for any help.

mrskaz.xx
  • dazza32
    dazza32 Posts: 164 Forumite
    Options
    your best bet would be threw easy jet to disneyland paris ... nice qiuck flight your looking at £200 for 4 people ,,,,and if you want cheap basic accomadation then stay in the santa fe in the resort ,, its basic but for the money is o.k as you only really sleep in there ,,,

mrskaz wrote: »
    Does anyone know the cheapest place I can book for a holiday to Eurodisney, I dont mind how we travel, we are in the north east. Thanks for any help.

mrskaz.xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport