PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Best way to clean a bath?

Options
Hi,
I have recently installed a new bathroom.
To my horror my 6 year old have left some blue mark from a toy boat in the bath.
The bath is from jaccuzzi uk and is of a fibre glass design.
What is the best way to remove these stains?
Any help would save a 6 year old from the gallows:)
Thanks,
Nick.
Nick.

"If you put all the prophets:Mystics and Saints, in one room together, there'd be so much more reason, than never was borne, out of all of the conflicts of time" The Levellers Green Blade Rising. 2002 Eagle records. www.levellers.co.uk

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What colour is the bath? I had a white bath when the kids were little. The boys used to play with their cars when they were in the bath. The one day i noticed a big black rubber mark (i think it was from the big thick chunky tyres the one particular car had got), i had trouble cleaning it, and was afraid to scratch the bath so i cleaned as much as i could and bleached the rest. It worked perfectly.
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    Aww, don't gallows him ;). After all, he didn't buy the offending toy himself! (presumably).

Sounds obvious, but what have you tried so far? A squirt of Cif on a damp sponge might be all it takes.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• nickydoc
    nickydoc Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    it is a white bath.
    i have only just discovered it and i cant find the instructions for the bath!
    i was afraid to use any sort of chemicals on it, at least until i had some advice.
    he is at the moment in the bath and i have just checked on him and i think he is trying clean it with soap.
    maybe i will try a wee bit of cif.

oh btw the boat was a freebie from viking, i think he was using it as a submarine.
    Nick.

"If you put all the prophets:Mystics and Saints, in one room together, there'd be so much more reason, than never was borne, out of all of the conflicts of time" The Levellers Green Blade Rising. 2002 Eagle records. www.levellers.co.uk
  • nickydoc
    Options
    right, the boat is in the bin, the child is in the doghouse and i used a bit of cif successfully.
    Nick.

• Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Spoilsport :p
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You might as well let him keep the boat, Nick :) Whatever they play with will leave some marks, which always come off with Cif and elbow grease. My 2 have action-men, boats, rubber toys, plastic toys, metal ones when they can sneak them in (I draw the line at ones with batteries :D) and there are invariably coloured marks somewhere.
  • Addy
    Addy Posts: 1,896 Forumite
    Options
    Awwww...don't spoil his fun, they're not young for long! What's the harm in a few marks that will scrub off?
  • Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That's what kids are meant to do! :D
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• Addy
    Addy Posts: 1,896 Forumite
    Options
    That's what kids are meant to do! :D

Yeah, that's right. I always remember that line from Uncle Buck "I'm a kid.....that's my job".
  • nickydoc
    Options
    when i said bin, i meant his toy bin.
    he has a metal bin for bath toys.

ok, due to a wave a mounting public pressure nickydoc has relented and will allow his 6 year old to have boats in his bath.

Also he will be frequenting the shower more often.:) lol
    Nick.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure