PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Best way to clean a bath?

Options

Comments

• cuca
    cuca Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    I ditto the washing powder, fill up bath with hot water and leave to soak.
  • zara*elise
    Options
    Bicarb of soda is mildly abrasive, so it will shift the muck without damading the bath in any way. I'd try that first.

Make a quite rough paste and use an old rag to work the really bad areas.

xx
    Foreign politicians often zing stereotypical tunes, mayday, mayday, Venezuela, neck
  • mrs_baggins
    mrs_baggins Posts: 1,290 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a 'tide mark' about 5 " long on part of plastic type bath. No matter what I clean it with it wont dissapear. So far I have tried scrubbing with jif, bleach, various other surface cleaners. I think the mark may be connected to essential oils I use in the bath as I cant think of anything else. And before you say it.... I do have a bath often so it s not 'normal' dirt!!
  • BitterAndTwisted
    Options
    If it's oils then the products you've already used should have shifted it. Have you tried a bit of vinegar? If that won't work then it can't be an oil stain
  • mrs_baggins
    mrs_baggins Posts: 1,290 Forumite
    Options
    I havent tried vinager yet but thought neat bleach may have shifted it as i left it for about 10 mins before i rinsed. will try vinegar later. thanks
  • Pitlanepiglet
    Options
    Ours was horrid, I found filling the bath with hot water, adding washing powder and leaving it overnight worked a treat (and took little effort! :D )
    Piglet

Decluttering - 127/366

Digital/emails/photo decluttering - 5432/2024
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Essential oils will eat away at the plastic, so it's possible the bath has lots of little pits that get dirt in them. I think I'd try filling the bath so the water is above the level of the staining and use washing powder as Pitlanepiglet suggests.
  • denton6
    denton6 Posts: 566 Forumite
    Options
    hi have you tried putting wahing up liquid over it and leaving it on for a while. i once tried washing power in the bath, make sure the plud has agood seal on it. mine let water out slowly but the washing power in the water went below the line i was trying to get rid of.
    wendy x
  • SarahJane1986
    Options
    I cleaned mine up after watching "How clean is your house". I used biological washing powder, and it actualy worked!
    January 2011
    £11,000 Challenge

£267.35 / £11,000
    :D
  • PudseyDB
    PudseyDB Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    Options
    Biological washing powder is the way to go - I saw it on how clean is your house too!
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    :wave:
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills