PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Best way to clean a bath?

Options

Comments

• PudseyDB
    PudseyDB Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    Options
    denton6 wrote: »
    hi have you tried putting wahing up liquid over it and leaving it on for a while. i once tried washing power in the bath, make sure the plud has agood seal on it. mine let water out slowly but the washing power in the water went below the line i was trying to get rid of.

Dont put the washing powder in a bath full of water. pour some in the bottom of a damp bath, then dip a damp sponge in the powder and apply to the sides.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    :wave:
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    best way to clean a bath

what to use on the bath

should offer some ideas. Ill merge this later

thanks
    Zip :)
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• mrs_baggins
    mrs_baggins Posts: 1,290 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sucess!! well at least its drastically diminished. I tried bio powder and seems to have got rid of the worst of it!! great!! I can sleep tonight (ha joking!)
  • geordie_ben
    geordie_ben Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    My first post in this neck of the woods, so not sure if this is the right place (please move if not)

We've moved into a house and the bath is quite grubby. We can't afford to replace it at the moment

We've tried to clean it with normal bathroom cleaner but it's not bringing off the dirt

It's a plastic bath

Can anyone recommend any miracle mixes that might help?
  • BitterAndTwisted
    Options
    Is it dirt or a build up of lime-scale?

Ordinary cleanser should remove dirt but if it's lime-scale give it a going-over with some vinegar on a cloth and leave it for as long as possible
  • geordie_ben
    geordie_ben Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't think it's limescale as it's darker

Kind of imagine a miner has had a bath and then not rinsed it

What type of vinegar?
  • Callie22
    Callie22 Posts: 3,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I like using Bar Keeper's Friend - it's a scouring powder that you can get in most supermarkets. I have a horrible white plastic sink in my kitchen and it brings it up beautifully.
  • GwylimT
    GwylimT Posts: 6,530 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Does it feel rough or smooth? As the bath is made of plastic it may be actual damage to the bath, in our last property we had to replace the bath as we had used a plughole unblocker which damaged the plastic all around the plug hole, it was perfectly fine, however it stained. So while it was clean, it looked dirty so we replaced it as we knew it would put potential buyers off and we could afford to do so.

The darkness could be stained limescale, give it a go with some vinegar and see if there is any change. White vinegar will do, but if all you have is vinegar for your chips thats fine as well, just a bit more stinky.
  • GwylimT
    GwylimT Posts: 6,530 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Callie22 wrote: »
    I like using Bar Keeper's Friend - it's a scouring powder that you can get in most supermarkets. I have a horrible white plastic sink in my kitchen and it brings it up beautifully.

We had one of those, if you washed anything it would temporarily stain the sink, for use milton steriliser worked really well, but it was a pain in the backside.
  • seabright
    seabright Posts: 639 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If the plastic has been scratched and the scratch has stained, what about putting bleach on paper towels and laying them over the stain and leaving overnight?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure