PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Best way to clean a bath?

Options

Comments

• Addy
    Addy Posts: 1,896 Forumite
    Options
    Good call. I have a sneaky suspicion that my six year old isn't the only male in the house to play battleships in the bath, lol.
  • Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    nickydoc wrote:
    ok, due to a wave a mounting public pressure nickydoc has relented and will allow his 6 year old to have boats in his bath.

YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! :T :dance:
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

• kazd
    kazd Posts: 1,127 Forumite
    Options
    I had some toy marks on my bath that I was never able to shift with Flash bathroom, then my cleaners used some watered down cif and it did the job.
    £2.00 Savers Club = £34.00 So Far

+ however may £2 coins I have saved in my Terramundi since 2000.

Terramundi weighs 8lb 5oz
  • nickydoc
    nickydoc Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    Addy wrote:
    Good call. I have a sneaky suspicion that my six year old isn't the only male in the house to play battleships in the bath, lol.

but what do you do when he is lying flat on his back in the bath saying up periscope............and there teeting above the foam is his periscope...lol:):):)
    Nick.

"If you put all the prophets:Mystics and Saints, in one room together, there'd be so much more reason, than never was borne, out of all of the conflicts of time" The Levellers Green Blade Rising. 2002 Eagle records. www.levellers.co.uk
  • Addy
    Addy Posts: 1,896 Forumite
    Options
    nickydoc wrote:
    but what do you do when he is lying flat on his back in the bath saying up periscope............and there teeting above the foam is his periscope...lol:):):)

Only one thing to do! Launch the high velocity plastic duck torpedo to seek and destroy the enemy vessel :T

No more trouble from THAT submersive ;)
  • firrybabe
    firrybabe Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    when there was a mark on my bath I used some toothpaste to get rid of the mark and it came up a treat
  • pippy_2
    pippy_2 Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    In about 10 years time you will be wishing you only had marks on the new bath from his toys to worry about!
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    nickydoc wrote:
    right, the boat is in the bin, the child is in the doghouse and i used a bit of cif successfully.

Now the *real* old fashioned manner would be ....

... discipline (educate) the child by getting your 6yo to clean the stain with the cleaner! He'll learn how to clean up his mistakes, the time it would take would be as good as time out becauses he's away from his toys and you get the desired result! Simple :D

Just a thought, you said the bath toys were in a metal bin? Do you have a liner in it, otherwise any damp from the bath toys will cause the metal to rust ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • full-time-mum
    Options
    Can anyone suggest how I might get those irratating marks that the children's plastic toys have made on my plastic bath?

Elbow grease and spray cleaner doesn't seem to be sufficient and I'm worried that anything abrasive will scratch the surface.

Thanks
    7 Angel Bears for LovingHands Autumn Challenge. 10 KYSTGYSES. 3 and 3/4 (ran out of wool) small blanket/large square, 2 premie blankets, 2 Angel Claire Bodywarmers
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi full-time-mum,

The replies in this thread suggest using cif.

Best way to clean a bath?

I've used it on the bath to remove marks from toys before and it hasn't done the bath any harm. I'll add your thread to that one later to keep the replies together.

Pink
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport