Former_MSE_Andrea
Former_MSE_Andrea Posts: 9,614 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post I've helped Parliament Rampant Recycler
edited 27 May 2009 at 9:35AM in Shop but don't drop
This thread has been closed. Read the new discussion
articlealert.gif

This thread is specifically to discuss the content of the

Loyalty Cards Article and the Loyalty PointsChecker

You can also join in discussions about boosting your Tesco Clubcard points , Nectar points, Boots Advantage Card points and Airmiles

To discuss or ask a question about the article: click reply

Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• Katgoddess
    Katgoddess Posts: 1,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You haven't included the Morrison Miles points scheme. :)
  • divadee
    divadee Posts: 10,609 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Just thought I would let you all know that this was advertised today on C4 teletext on Page 532 (the finance pages) might have to flick through them as it was about half way through 10 pages or so.

There was a 1 page article about the checker etc... And also sites full web address.

Might mean a few extra visits to the article etc...
  • savmuny
    Options
    I received a letter last month from Natwest notifying me that from the day after my June statement they will no longer be issuing Airmiles for purchases made with my Natwest Credit card, however I will retain any Airmiles collected proir to the June statement.
    Anyone else received a similar letter?
  • jbond1127
    Options
    my daughter has both tesco and nectar cards, usually shops at tesco and regularly receives vouchers from sainsburys -eg.,spend £60 get £6 off. I don't have a club card and don't get these vouchers, a sainsbury's assistant told us these are prompted by use of tesco loyalty card. I have written to sainsbury's and they deny this also they denied sending out vouchers. my daughter has received up to £12 off a £80 shop. Has anybody else had experience of this? therefore it seems you need to hold loyalty cards for both shops to profit. there is a further twist, tesco will accept the sainsburys vouchers!
  • Silver_Lilly
    Silver_Lilly Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    please help.

We have found a bargin holiday in France.

WE decided to try and pay with reward vouchers for a ferry from the uk (Where from in uk not so important)to st malo (ideally) and if possible also car hire.

We are completely confused and can't see a good way through If we dont sort it out soon we may loose our holiday!!

We have 3742 nectar points,£63.50 in tesco vouchers and 600 air miles.

(should we and how do we convert all to air miles?!!)
  • Ebenezer
    Ebenezer Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    jbond1127 wrote:
    my daughter has both tesco and nectar cards, usually shops at tesco and regularly receives vouchers from sainsburys -eg.,spend £60 get £6 off. I don't have a club card and don't get these vouchers, a sainsbury's assistant told us these are prompted by use of tesco loyalty card. I have written to sainsbury's and they deny this also they denied sending out vouchers. my daughter has received up to £12 off a £80 shop. Has anybody else had experience of this? therefore it seems you need to hold loyalty cards for both shops to profit. there is a further twist, tesco will accept the sainsburys vouchers!

To register with Sainsburys you have to use your Nectar card there. I've been getting their spend and get money off vouchers and wondered if it might be possible to receive more - in my wife's name. She now has her own Nectar card and has used it at Sainsburys. We look forward to receiving the next Sainsburys mailing to see what happens. Can't remember using Tesco vouchers in Sainsburys though.
    To do is to be (Jean Jaques Rousseau)
    To be is to do (Jean Paul Sartre)
    Do be do be do (Frank Sinatra)
  • Gingertom_2
    Options
    As I do a lot of miles ie 25000 a year I find the ASDA Credit Card useful. I ONLY use it for fuel and ALWAYS pay it off in full. As it gives 2p off for every Litre of fuel and usually is already the cheapest around I find it well worth it..
  • sparkyt2
    Options
    Katgoddess wrote:
    You haven't included the Morrison Miles points scheme. :)
    find it very hard to get info on this scheme! Have a card collecting points but don't know how many i need before i get reward can anyone help?
    Weekly Spend Challenge £0/£40 NSDs 0/7
    Grocery Challenge: £0.00 / £120
  • oxp111
    Options
    I have 27,500 necter points what the best deal out there to use???
  • Sazere
    Sazere Posts: 789 Forumite
    Options
    oxp111 wrote:
    I have 27,500 necter points what the best deal out there to use???

Personally, I wait til the Adams offer is on where you receive £7.50 to spend in Adams for every 500 points you redeem. This offer was available earlier this year and you had to redeem your points online from the Nectar website, they sent Adams/Nectar vouchers through the post.

Otherwise you only get £2.50 to spend in Sainsburys for every 500 points you redeem! I think it is the same at Argos?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure